Taryn

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Taryn

Postby Taryn on May 19th, 2011, 6:00 pm

Taryn
Aspiring Knight Errant

Basic Information

Race: Pycon
Birthday & Age: 1 year 0 seasons (Season of Winter, Day 92, 509 AV)
Measurements: 5.5", 5 lbs. (approx. 14 cm., 2.23 kg.)

Physical Description

Taryn is carved of a pale tan clay, and bears the physique of a young adult, though he is often mistake for a child due to his disproportionate build and youtful face. His short, messy hair falls in tendrils around his guileless face and partially covers his ears. Everything about him, from his "outfit" to his overall appearance, is ornately detailed, to the extent that his facial features seem realistic, and his attire seems stylized. His hair and attire change most often, but his face is usually quite consistent. He is "garbed" in a pair of knee-high boots, a rather roomy pair of bottoms (presumably shorts) a fitted sleeveless top, bracers, and a small pile of "fabric" around his shoulders that he usually wears as a scarf, but can fashion into a cloak or hood (or a hooded cloak). (His outfit is akin to this.) Taryn is in constant motion, opting to run everywhere and always clambering over things and doing all this rough-and-tumble stuff-- the world is his playground, as he always says. He will not sit still unless he is forced to, but even then he fidgets. He slows down only to sleep, and tends to be sluggish when waking up, but even in his sleep he twitches and morphs. (Though his race needn't blink, he does close his eyes while sleeping, or for sake of expression-- e.g. blinking incredulously.) He tends to be exaggerated in speech, body language, and facial expression, as if he's constantly performing.

Character Concept

Personality: Taryn has often and aptly been likened to a child-- he likes to be helpful (or at least try to be), like so be the center of attention, and loves the thrill of adventure. He is very independent and confident to the point of fault. Taryn is a compulsively genuine boy, and therefore expects everyone to be as genuine and honest as he. He is a horrid liar, and is horrid at picking up when others are lying-- that, paired with his naivete and his obsession with being "useful" often leads him to help the wrong people out and lands him in some very hairy situations. To call him clueless would do him an injustice-- though he is initially quite gullible, Taryn is very smart and he catches on quite rapidly. He's no fool, and he takes offense to people playing him like one-- he's very sensetive, and would likely lose his temper if one were to try and abuse his willingness to help, or to criticise him unjustly. Overall, however, he's a very nice guy, once you get around his high-energy and his love of being the center of attention. He has quite the capacity for kindness, and could make a decent listening ear, if one would give him the chance-- he simply hasn't had much worldly experience, so it's hard for him to sypathsize.

Ethics: Taryn has always fancied himself to be a knight-errant, and has thus always conducted himself in a virtuous and chivalrous manner. He would never knowingly commit an act of evil. But, in a sense, he does have a double standard-- though he is quite virtuous, he occasionally "bends the rules" as a means of getting to a certain end. Failure, in his eyes, is far worse than bending a rule here or there.

Likes: Acting (most often takes the role of a knight or a spy), telling stories, people (particularly of the female sort), adventures, climbing things, running, games (especially Hide and Seek), helping others, the Syliran knights

Dislikes: Being fooled, sitting still, being talked down on, foul weather, lectures, the unhappiness of others, being useless/helpless, most animals, swimming, being hungry

Character History

Off-Board: Taryn grew up in a Pyve of about forty Pycon, which was based in a major The Great Bazaar of Syliras. Taryn was one of the youngest, and therefore often left to his own devices for entertainment, or desperately trying to keep up with other Pycon kids that were seasons older than he. He was always in a hurry to grow up, but then came the time that most of the older children departed on their own adventures, and Taryn was left to his own devices.

For that very reason, it was from a young age that Taryn learned of his fondness for the "taller" races. He spent many-a day in the Bazaar, making the stalls of travelling merchants his stomping grounds. Many of the merchants enjoyed his company, and Taryn enjoyed the attention, so it was a fair exchange. He made the stalls his playground, and spent more time there than he did at home.

Like many Pycon, on his first birthday he decided that he was prepared to see the world. He has since obtained some provisions for his travels, and is currently in search of a travelling partner.

IC Miscellania

Skills
Skill Total Pts. Starting Package In-Game
Escape Artist 15 5 (+10 RB) 0
Climbing 10 10 0
Stealth 10 10 0
Acrobatics 7 7 0
Acting 10 10 0
Storytelling 8 8 0

Lore
Major Clay Veins of Mizahar
Navigating a World Built for Giants

Languages
((Fluent)) Common
((Basic)) Pavi
((Poor)) Tukant

Equipment
TBD

Ledger
TBD

In-Character Thread List

A Bit About the Player
Secret :
I am the age of 19 years old, and have been roleplaying for about three or four years now. I am a woman and I reside in sunny California-- no, I've never surfed and live nowhere remotely near a beach. I like all sorts of art, writing (obviously), and a whole bunch of other things. Oh, and I like to use the handle of "Chaos", but will probably just use character names for the sake of ease. That's just about all I've got to say for now. Thank you for reading, and I hope we get to roleplay together quite soon.
Taryn
Player

Words: 18960
Joined roleplay: May 18th, 2011, 5:55 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet