Fortune Telling

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Fortune Telling

Postby Tessa Poe on August 25th, 2011, 1:25 pm

So I've volunteered to expand on the stub article about this particular skill and I wanted to check a couple of things before I got to work on it.

1) Is it possible to actually divine the future in Mizahar using non-magical means like Tarot Cards etc.? The lore says so, but given that it's a single sentance I just wanted to make sure.

2) Is there a special Tarot Card deck for Miza? The lore's quiet on this one too. If there isn't then would it be alright if I worked on one? Changing the major arcana to reflect Miza would be kind of fun actually, Rhysol for the Devil, Lethe for the Moon etc.

3) Since I'm going to be working on the fortune telling bit itself would it be alright to include an explanation of how the various methods work within that, and then have the Lore about the particular items used link to Fortune Telling article? That's presuming I can get it to the point where the Founders give the go ahead for it to be posted.
Tessa Poe
The Neurotic Wanderer

Words: 241539
Joined roleplay: July 21st, 2011, 8:32 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Fortune Telling

Postby Verilian on August 25th, 2011, 3:24 pm

I dont know the answer to your other questions, but I'm willing to bet the Founders and all the rest of us would love to see a Miz themed deck over using the standard.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Fortune Telling

Postby Avari on August 25th, 2011, 3:33 pm

I think this topic might help you with your second question. It's an old discussion that Gossamer opened up about creating original cards and meanings for a tarot deck unique to Mizahar. I don't think they ever finished the Major Arcana, but it should provide some great inspiration and images for you to draw upon.

Avari

"Everyone wants something... And when you know what a man wants you know who he is, and how to move him." - George R. R. Martin, A Storm of Swords
Avari
Insightful trickster

Words: 296184
Joined roleplay: August 10th, 2011, 6:25 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Fortune Telling

Postby Tessa Poe on August 25th, 2011, 3:44 pm