Painful Lessons (Solo)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Painful Lessons (Solo)

Postby Keido on August 31st, 2011, 4:08 am

61th-Summer-511 AV

How did these things happen to Keido? The man before him. It was the same one he met along the way from his last fight. The seasoned fighter with the spear. And right now he had his spear aimed straight at Keido. A thrust from that would hit him. Keido knew. And he was not confident that he can even block or defend himself. Not with this weapon. Not like the man with the trident.

"Why don't you just end this fast?" Keido asked the man in front of him.

"Tsk, tsk. Like I said, you don't understand how the colosseum works." The nerve. He was even able to wave his fingers to dismiss Keido.

"And I supposed you are going to teach me?" the anger was building up in his voice again. The man reminded him of the unsavory people he had met in his travels. Especially that funny smile on him.

"Yes, don't worry. My fees are not that high. All you have to do is bleed and let me collect the bonus from good old Shale." He laughed. He just had to laugh. It triggered Keido's contempt towards the fighters of the arena again.

"Or maybe I will collect that bonus!" Keido screamed as he charged at the man with his Kodachi. He was so filled with hate that he did not even do his pre-battle practice or even strategize. The knight in training has fallen right into his opponent's goading.

In front of his opponent Keido started slashing. He swung his arm up at the man, sure that he would hit since the man was taking things so easy. Just like his friend from last time. How could Keido have not won? But to his surprise he slashed only at air and the man was standing over at the other side.

"Haha. What are you hitting at?" the man laughed again. Clearly he was enjoying the fight more than Keido.

"Shut up and fight!" Keido yelled. Teeth clenched so that he won't bite his tongue from all the moving. Then he sent a downwards slash at the man. Sure that he will hit this time since the man was still acting the same way.

"Haha. You still have a lot to learn." The man said as he just stepped back away from Keido's blade. Still chuckling and laughing. And with him the rest of the spectators. Even Shale could not resist throwing a comment Keido's way. "Come on then. Show us the same moves you used the last time."

Keido's insult to the colosseum from last time was still not forgotten. Which is probably the reason they threw him into a fight like this. Though who they are is yet to be seen, Keido still had to learn his lesson.
Keido is now dead as of 34th of Fall, 511 AV (16th of September, 2011). I will do my best to finish all existing threads before I retire him so people with him right now don't worry.
Keido
A Naive fool in the City of Illusions

Words: 134206
Joined roleplay: August 21st, 2011, 10:45 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Painful Lessons (Solo)

Postby Keido on August 31st, 2011, 5:50 am

As though Shale's voice was a signal the man changed. His smiling face became darker. He gripped his spear getting into a crouch to attack.

"I suppose we will start your lesson now" he said in a gruff voice. Keido could tell that something was different now.

The pair just stood there and stared at each other. Even until the point the crowd started roaring to get the fight started. They were getting restless. Then while the man was staring at Keido he realized. The man was waiting for Keido to get into the fight. He was different from other men for sure. Keido knew that he was in for a fight.

Keido took this chance to prepare himself. The practice that he was unable to do earlier. Shale was saying something but that was one of the first things he tried to cut off. "Fight for the crowd, fi..." Shale's voice became lower and lower until Keido could not hear it anymore. Then it was the crowd's turn. Keido did his best to cut off the cursing and jeering. When their words were nothing but white noise left, Keido and the man were the only two people left in his world.

A spear was not too different from a trident. They were both pretty long. And Keido already had an experience with one just days ago. All he needed to do was avoid the pointy end. And the shaft as he had the pleasure to learn.

When the man held his spear towards Keido, he tried to visualize the man's next move. All of his thoughts are put on this fight. In his mind he saw it. What might be the man's attacks and what might not be. And all of those were spear's coming to him from all over. Not from any or to any spot he can identify. He would have to work a lot more on this if it would be any use.

The man's spear came from a totally unexpected spot. From the bottom and through the middle. It was only because Keido was fully focused on defending the spear that he was able to react. Bringing his weapon down to block it. He aimed for the head of the spear since it was the easiest part to see. The big chunk of metal compared to the slender body but even that was not enough because his weapon hit nothing but thin air when the man disengaged his spear around to avoid the blade and hit Keido in the head with the shaft.

Keido's defence was weak. He saw the spear coming at his head from so far but his body could not react in time. He lifted his hand to block the incoming spear with his arm. Like he would when he fought anyone else who would aim for his head. But by the time his arm was up, the spear already passed on and smashed on his head. Next thing he knew, Keido was already on the ground.
Keido is now dead as of 34th of Fall, 511 AV (16th of September, 2011). I will do my best to finish all existing threads before I retire him so people with him right now don't worry.
Keido

Character sheet

Painful Lessons (Solo)

Postby Keido on August 31st, 2011, 9:42 am

"Get up!" The man commanded as he stared at Keido.

"I don't need you to tell me that." Keido replied coldly. Who was this man to think he can order him around?

"The Akeldama Colosseum is part of Alvadas. Whatever you learn here today will help you survive in the city of Illusions" The man advised as he resumed his attacking stance.

"I don't need someone like you to teach me anything!" Somehow he got back to his feet. And Keido was not happy at all that this stranger thought he was good enough to instruct him.

The man ignored him as he tensed the muscles of his legs to prepare another charge with his spear. "Lesson one. Nothing here is as it seems. Never trust your eyes in the city of illusions. The middle!"

Keido saw the spear coming again just like the last strike. Because he was able to feel it with his body earlier he believed he knew all about the attack. Tracing the movements with his eyes he visualized the path of the spear and how long it would take to reach him. Then he brought his blade to intercept the spear in its path. Looking to put the blade in between the spearhead and his body. But like the man said. Never trust your eyes. And suddenly his hand in the front loosened its grip on the spear while the one at the back pushed it forward in a swift motion to increase the spear's reach before firmly grasping the spear again. Keido was totally unprepared for the distance and missed the spear completely as it hit into Keido and made him fall again.

The man gave a little chuckle. "Didn't I tell you not to trust your eyes and that it was coming through the middle? On your feet your schooling is not finished yet!"
Keido

Character sheet

Painful Lessons (Solo)

Postby Keido on August 31st, 2011, 10:16 am

Grasping at his side, Keido got back to his feet. The man was not aiming for a kill that was certain. Why would he? Keido himself makes it a point not to sign on for any deathmatches. But it still hurt.

"You could be lying." That was the only thing the man would get out of Keido as he held firmly on his Kodachi.

"Now you are learning. Lesson two. The head!" like a predator toying with his food the man smirked as he drove his spear towards Keido's head.

Keido quickly drove his blade up to try and block the spear as soon as he learnt that it was coming at his head. Since he was trying to go for the defensive, he held the kodachi back handed. He brought it up to his face. Using his whole arm to conceal his head which he thought was the man's target from view. Even if he himself could not see properly now, he was not interested in attacking just yet.

The same pain he experienced just moments ago was felt on the other side of his body while Keido fell on his knee. Eyes were burning with rage. His defense was completely ineffective because the man lied! Like his father. It was never going for his head to begin with. He wasted his movements on defending something which did not need defending.

"I thought you already learned? Lesson two. Don't trust anything you hear here." The man was able to give a grin of satisfaction with what he did.

"You petching liar. I trusted you!" Keido yelled out. The anger flowing over his body to give him the extra energy to teach this shyke a lesson. His weapon went up instead towards the man. But instead of hitting, the hand went down on Keido's knee to lift him up. It was a feint Keido was trying to pull. The real attack came from his fist on the right. His fist and body came out at the same time closing the distance to the man very quickly. Either the man was caught unaware or like Keido he was only focused on the weapon. The combination of pent up anger and energy traveled from Keido's body to his fist and then to the man's cheek as he was punched down on the floor.

"Lesson three, actually the only lesson for Alvadas. Don't trust anyone or anything here. It even looks like even you cannot be trusted." He managed to say with a grin as he wiped the blood on his lips. Even getting hit did not take care of his attitude. It only made Keido more angry that he would try and put the both of them in the same group.
Keido

Character sheet

Painful Lessons (Solo)

Postby Keido on August 31st, 2011, 11:35 am

Another shock for Keido was that when the man got up on his feet he tossed away his spear.

"What the heck are you up to you shyke?" Keido asked with wary eyes.

"This is a special lesson about the Colosseum. Its not a real fight. Its a fight to entertain the paying spectators."

"Petch! You think I care about your practices? I am only here to fight...and win!" his kodachi was being waved around recklessly to try and scare the man off his intents. He wanted to use it and now! He wanted it to pierce flesh and destroy his hated foe.

"Haha. You cannot take me on without a weapon? Very well. It would be a good show for the people to see me defeating a person like you." The man was not scared one bit while be brought his fists up and bent his knees in preparation to attack.

But Keido did not like being ridiculed. Especially in front of all these people. He got drawn into the man's goading again. Throwing his weapon into the ground with a lot of anger. Like a child throwing a tantrum. Following the man he got into a stance of his own. Bringing his fists up to protect himself from the man's attacks and planting his feet on the ground. This was a battle and he will not yield one bit of advantage to the man before him.

"Good, Good. Now you are getting it." The man smiled as he advanced straight at Keido for their face off.

When the man was right in front, Keido threw a punch straight at his direction. The man flung up his arm to block off the punch before it reached him. Not wanting to waste his advantage, Keido threw his second punch while both the fighter's arms were locked together. This punch was also blocked by the man's other arm and Keido with no fists left was unable to attack. But the man should also be in the same situation. Both of his arms were locked with Keido's as well.
Keido

Character sheet

Painful Lessons (Solo)

Postby Keido on August 31st, 2011, 2:36 pm

There was an error in Keido's technique and he paid for it. While making sure his feet were planted on the ground was a good move for him to defend himself, that was only good if he was still capable of blocking his opponent. The man who was advancing did it harder trying to push Keido back but because Keido did not want to yield, they ended up locking arms for quite a while. The man was getting quite some distance. Each step he took pushed Keido back a little while he tried to drag his feet to oppose the force.

"Nice technique boy, but..." In a swift movement, the man whose feet were not committed to being stuck on the ground sent one up to Keido's shin.

"You cheater!" Keido screamed in a rage. While his weight caused his knee to fall over Keido took advantage of the force, bending over and giving the man a head butt. Two heads knock together but again it was Keido who was on the ground.

Keido kept trying to get up again but keep falling back down because he was disoriented. And the man was staggering to the back with the head throbbing. Finally the both of them was able to get back on their feet. Keido with his head knocked loose lost his concentration in the fight and noticed the cheering crowds for the first time after so long.

"What the hell is going on?"

"This is why we are here you idiot." The man said again getting back into his stance. "Now is the show going on or not?"

Keido resumed his stance. "I don't care about the show. I just want to win."

"Whatever makes you happy, as long as the customers are too." The man charged while flinging his fists at Keido again.

To try and stop the incoming blow, Keido held his open hand out in the path of the fist. Once he felt the impact of the blow on it he quickly wrapped his fingers over the man's fist to stop any further attacks. But the man also sent another blow at him with the other fist at Keido but he took it gladly. If he was going to exchange blows let it be an equal exchange. And with his other free hand he started punching. Hammering each blow he could get out at the man's stomach since its the largest target he could choose.
Keido

Character sheet

Painful Lessons (Solo)

Postby Keido on August 31st, 2011, 2:55 pm

The exchange took a toll on Keido and he blacked out for a few moments. But he fell with a smile. He knew at least that he was able to hurt his opponent as much as his opponent did to him. While he closed his eyes he watched the man grinning from his victory. But this would be far from over. It had to be. Keido will not take this loss lying down.

Keido opened his eyes to the sound of cheering and roaring. What he saw was that the people in the arena now ignored him. The loser. Their eyes were all drawn on the victor who was roaring in his own victory. Taking in all the cheers as his own while he paraded around the arena to collect them.

"And the victor issssssssss Razel!" That man. Shale. He was already announcing the victory even before Keido had admitted defeat.

The loser got up. Fist clenched and quivering to knock out the winner. Razel noticed Keido and stopped his showboating and headed up to him. Keido was baring his teeth while thinking of how he was going to knock him out. But before he could fully take his fist off Razel already snatched it and raised it up in the air with him.

"Just take it and leave already you fool. If this was a real deathmatch you would already be dead!" saying the words out from his teeth.

"And why would I be? I am not out yet." keeping his defiant attitude. But Keido knew the truth in the man's words. Right now he would be dead.

"In the colosseum, life and death is at the hands of the crowd. Not with the fighters and definitely not Shale. If you don't remember this you will die long before advancing far. Now take a bow!"

Keido did as he was told. With his arm still held on by Razel he took a bow following his lead. Then together they exited the gates. Before they parted Razel gave him a little more advice.

"You want to get far you need to learn how to make things interesting. Exciting and unexpected for everyone. You are in Alvadas, the city of Illusions. Learn from it because what I just taught you is just a taste. If Ionu favors you, then the crowd will love you."

Razel then went to collect his pay. Maybe Keido should too. But as the loser would Shale really have anything for him? Losers never ever get anything. But if what Razel said was true then Keido might be able to confirm it with him.
Keido

Character sheet

Painful Lessons (Solo)

Postby Fallacy on September 1st, 2011, 3:30 am

XP Award!

Name:Keido
XP Award:
  • Kodachi- 2
  • Observation- 3
  • Tactics- 2
  • Unarmed Combat- 3
Lore:
  • The man with the plan
  • Meeting the man from before
  • Falling to taunt
  • Fighting against a spear
  • Sent to the ground
  • ”Feeling” attacks
  • Lessons from the Colosseum
  • Believing a lie
  • Razel
Notes:

1 GM for putting up a good fight and entertaining the crowd.

Another spectacular thread! Gosh, you are very talented and I cannot wait to see more from you. You will truly go far here and I enjoy reading of his encounters.

I like what you did with Razel, but if you want to make him into an official NPC there is a process to follow

Any questions or concerns about the rewards gained please send a PM :)

12 hour shifts have started, and Im working 6-7 days a week mandatory overtime. My replies will be slow until I can adjust to this new groove.
Fallacy
I think you're crazy just like me.

Words: 493223
Joined roleplay: June 23rd, 2011, 7:58 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)