Take it to the next level (Solo)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Keido on August 30th, 2011, 4:42 pm

53th-Summer-511 AV

The time for animals have passed. Shale was happy enough to gauge Keido's level from the last time and Keido was going to have to start at the bottom. Like everyone else. But with one extra clause in there he hoped that Shale would keep. No more deathmatches! Just how long could Keido keep up acts and plans to spare his opponent's lives from the bloodthirsty spectators? Not long enough and Keido did not want to risk that.

So Keido was here at the colosseum again. Facing another opponent just like him. Rookies starting off from the bottom to make their way to the top. The conditions were not looking too favorable. Keido was with his little Kodachi and his opponent had a trident. It didn't take Keido much to know how hard this fight will be. He held out his Kodachi upright in front of him. The trident had a longer reach and more pointed ends than Keido's pitiful weapon. If he allowed the fight to drag out those points might find their way into his body.

He tried to follow his training. He shut his eyes and gripped his sword. Taking deep breaths to prepare himself. The fight. He will take out this man before him. It was only him and Keido. Shale did not matter and neither did the crowd. It was his fight and not theirs. Doing his best to keep that in mind he tried to block out Shale and his introductions, the crowd and their cheering.

When his eyes opened the man was charging with his trident. These pre-battle rituals of his are no good in a real fight. There must be some way for him to get into the zone. But for now its time to fight. Keido brought his Kodachi in between him and his opponent in a reverse grip. He already had a plan so far against opponents with a distance advantage. He would have to go fully defensive until he can knock in a sure hit or disarm them.

It has begun. Keido's feet were planted firmly on the ground as he tried to catch the trident. With the Kodachi in front of his arm he flung it to the side to push the trident away. The opponent was wide open and Keido put a foot forward as he tried to close in the distance to hit the man.

Unfortunately his opponent must not be that much a rookie as Keido thought. Experience was one of the determining factors in a fight and maybe this man before him has had more battles against opponents with smaller weapons than Keido had against opponents with longer weapons. Because while Keido took his time to put his Kodachi back to the normal grip to attack, the man swung his trident in a wide arc to hit him following the direction Keido hit the trident at. Right before the point of his blade was about to his the man's chest, the shaft of the trident smashed into Keido's body and flung him to the side.
Keido is now dead as of 34th of Fall, 511 AV (16th of September, 2011). I will do my best to finish all existing threads before I retire him so people with him right now don't worry.
Keido
A Naive fool in the City of Illusions

Words: 134206
Joined roleplay: August 21st, 2011, 10:45 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Keido on August 30th, 2011, 5:09 pm

With Keido on the ground, the man took his eyes off. Walking around the colosseum to gloat and brag. Showing himself and his weapon which was held up high for all to see. Unfortunately for Keido the benefit of not having a death match worked both ways. It is easier for people to not take things seriously when their life is not on the line.

The blow had a real effect on Keido. He was holding on his throbbing head as he struggled to get himself out. The man was still parading himself to the crowd. And it looks like his pre-battle ritual was wearing out. He could hear the crowd cheering, and Shale saying something again in his loud voice. Keido shook his head again as he tried to get up. It was time to try again.

No time to close his eyes this time and he was a little afraid to do it as well. The blow got to him bad. His limbs were wobbling too. If he did close his eyes, he might find himself on the ground again. Not a good place for a fight. But the noises were still distracting him. Keido put both his hands up to his ears in an attempt to block the noise off. Then staring at his gloating opponent he took in deep breaths again. He had to keep focus and then he had to win.

But it took all he had to keep himself calm for battle. It was not working. This man before him making fun of their fight, the spectators all enjoying the violence and Shale, damn him and his strange sentences. Forget about staying calm because now it was time to take down his opponent and win.

While the man had his back turned to Keido, he struck. He charged right for his opponent with a lot of rage. The full body weight of Keido slammed into the man from behind with the hard bones of his shoulder pressing into the man's back hard. In mid air Keido's arms flung around to grab hold on to the man. This was an experience strange even to Keido. Mainly because he did could not calm his emotions when it came to his opponent's showboating.

The crowd booed and hissed at Keido's cheap shot. Even Shale made a comment about moves like that. But Keido did not care. All he wanted was the man to respect their fight at least. The man trashed his legs to get Keido off, which he did. Not because the kicks hurt. He was a bit too angry to let a little pain bother him but because he wanted to hurt the man a lot more. Keido held on to his weapon again as he waited for the man to get up. Holding on to his staff for support he eventually did. Uttering a few curses below his breath.
Keido is now dead as of 34th of Fall, 511 AV (16th of September, 2011). I will do my best to finish all existing threads before I retire him so people with him right now don't worry.
Keido

Character sheet

Postby Keido on August 30th, 2011, 5:46 pm

The man may have taken this fight seriously a little bit too late. When he turned around with his trident ready to attack, Keido was already waiting right behind him.

"You think this is a game?" Keido yelled at him as he brought his Kodachi up to block the trident's descent. The sounds of metal clashing together cancelled out the man's response. Not that it was important to Keido and he pushed his Kodachi further up to get the trident away from him.

"You think you've won?" The hand which was free became a fist. Which was send up right at the man's face. Punching him before he could have said anything else. This time the combo worked but Keido was too worked up to be happy about it.

"Well now its your turn!" Keido said as harshly as possible. The hand he used to punch started moving back. The motion complementing the other. The one where his foot came up. With the assistance of the arm the leg moved faster and harder. When it reached the top Keido sent it right out. Hitting the man's leg as hard as possible.

The man had a look of defiance on his face as he held on to the trident to keep him up. "Is that all you got? The people are here for a show. Hah!"

That statement alone really got to Keido. And he pulled back his head before smashing it into the man's head hard. The man slumped to the floor defeated. And Keido started rubbing on his head. This has been probably one of the fastest fights he has had. Just like they should be. Instead of the showing off just to please the spectators.
Keido

Character sheet

Postby Keido on August 30th, 2011, 5:55 pm

Keido spat at the man now on the ground and headed for the gate. People all around started booing. What were they not satisfied? He was the winner. They should be cheering for him.

"I took him down. What more do you want?!" Keido shouted to the audience right before he passed through the gates. Without waiting for an answer he continued through.

Another man was waiting behind the gates. He must be the next fighter for the day. As angry as Keido was he was not that blind. He could tell from the confidence that the man stood with and the scars on his body that he was a seasoned fighter. Perhaps his anger really did blind him. He failed to notice the spear at his side until the man actually picked it up.

"What? You want a go?" Keido asked as his body tensed. Moving his fists up to protect him in a defensive stance.

"No, not yet. But if this is how you are going to fight you are not going to make it far in the colosseum." The man said with a smile as he faced Keido. Ignoring the attempts to start a fight.

"What do you mean?"

"The show must go on. You'll learn one day. And lets hope it won't be painful." The man replied. Never looking back as he made his way to his fight.

Keido has had enough of the madness for the colosseum for one day. Ignoring the crazy man he made his way to find Shale before he got back to his rooms. Learn? He was here for just that. The fool man did not know what he was talking about.
Keido

Character sheet

Postby Fallacy on September 1st, 2011, 3:32 am

XP Award!

Name:Keido
XP Award:
  • Kodachi – 1
  • Tactics- 1
  • Observation- 2
  • Wrestling- 1
  • Unarmed Combat- 2
Lore:
  • Starting at the bottom
  • Bashed by a trident
  • Emotionally out of control
  • Cheap shots
  • Resisting madness
  • You will learn
Notes:

4 GM awarded. Second Job thread done. Be sure to send these in for payment. :)

Another great thread. Really enjoyed it and I see in you great potential.

Any questions or concerns about the rewards gained please send a PM :)

12 hour shifts have started, and Im working 6-7 days a week mandatory overtime. My replies will be slow until I can adjust to this new groove.
Fallacy
I think you're crazy just like me.

Words: 493223
Joined roleplay: June 23rd, 2011, 7:58 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)