New Beginnings (Sama'el, Denen)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on August 16th, 2011, 2:03 am

"I still admire your Semes, Ankal," he said politely, "and I hope that my Windrunner's stud fees might defray the cost of me actually purchasing them. Alas, but I am still paid in the lowest tier of the Watch's wages, and so my wealth lies in my tiny herd. Slowly but surely." He smiled tiredly, hoping that his work for the Watch didn't make him old before his time or claim his life before he could raise his pavilion again and reclaim his name from the lips of the dead.

His bright gaze glanced at the fine specimen of a Strider who had taken a shine to Denen. In his heart of hearts, he hoped the two bonded; Denen needed the companionship after the horrible death of his old Strider, Reth, but that fine specimen might also contribute to the herd of his up-and-coming pavilion. His weary smile lay like an aged benediction on his deaf friend and his hope for a Strider before he turned back to Hek.

"We have returned per your wishes, Ankal. How may we serve you?"
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Denen Sunsinger on August 16th, 2011, 4:36 am

Denen smiled brilliantly at the Strider as he drew near, demanding his attention. He smiled tenderly and rested a slim hand on the animal's nose, before he pressed his nose there as well. "Sweet boy," he murmured. He had missed him as well, and he was beyond relieved that he was able to see him again, that the horse was here in the first place. His soft lips curled into a tender smile and he turned to give Sam a shy smile.

"Sorry," he signed, cheeks flushing. But he wound both arms around the stallion's neck and took in a deep breath of horse scent. His head rested against the fine, arched neck as his would-be-Ankal spoke to Hek. He watched them, but his attention was, still, on the Strider.
Denen Sunsinger
The Third Wife

Words: 189953
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2010, 3:53 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)

Postby Lariat on August 21st, 2011, 3:58 am

A crooked smile found its way to the Ankal's face, his eyes squinting briefly as he appraised Sama'el for a moment, before having his say. " Come, let us talk about perhaps finding a middle ground that would benefit us both. If your friend doesn't mind, I'd be grateful if he looked after the strider with Nallia while we discuss the details " he signed, finishing with a glance over at Denen, and then turning around to head towards a smaller pavilion to the right of the one they had dined in previously. He kept his pace slow, and deliberate as if it was somehow important that they not rush. " Tell me, what kind of price is more in your range watchman " he signed, making sure that he was facing Sama'el when he did so that he knew he was speaking to him. A serious look had come about him now, looking calm and composed, and the practiced look of one experienced in such matters. It betrayed nothing about what he was thinking, or even what he was leaning towards, and of course that was because it was the point of looking so unassuming.

They reached the entrance then, and he pushed back the canvas draped over the entrance and stepped inside the cool interior, moving towards a wooden fold out table. A swift movement and he pulled up a stool, taking a seat for himself, and picking up a sheaf of papers, possibly the ledger the family kept to keep their affairs in order, any of the sales and trades performed all meticulously recorded here on the ledger in elegant handwriting. He motioned for Sama'el to sit across from him, and after a brief study of the papers in hand; he set them down and met Sama'el's eyes. " What do you think of two hundred gold mizas for the Semes, and I don't have to pay a studding fee for that Windrunner of yours " Hek signed, his eyes scrutinizing the young man before him, putting his right hand over the stack of papers yet to be read.

The strider seemed to soak in the compliment, moving forward a step to press on Denen, tossing his head. Nallia seemed tickled by the interaction between the strider and man, a warm smile never leaving her face as she stroked the side of the unnamed horse's neck, it's attention clearly as much on Denen as his was on him. A soft snort escaped the strider, his big nose nudging the side of the young man's face, leaving a thin strand of saliva on his cheek, before he nudged him with his forehead. He seemed to want his full attention as evidence of his shenanigans time and time again. The strider's eyes met Denen's, the large eyes staring unblinkingly into his own, seeming to reach out at him. " Remember yesterday when you helped me braid his hair? Would you like to help me fix a few that got untangled from his playing " Nallia asked, her voice breaking the silent, revenant moment with its upbeat whistling tune. Stepping more forward, the unnamed strider seemed to like this idea, its hooves tamping the ground, and keeping his head still though slightly angled in Denen's direction.
Lariat
The light in the back of your mind

Words: 151849
Joined roleplay: June 4th, 2011, 3:20 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on August 21st, 2011, 8:34 am

Sama'el nodded and followed Hek, knowing Dohaina would follow the same drill as the night previous now that she knew these people, their horses, and the pavilion in general. Horse wasn't quite as smart as a Strider, but he knew to stick with the herd mother. It didn't seem quite fair that Hek had a secondary pavilion as well when Sama'el had none, but he chided himself silently for that injudicious thought. Hek and the Fleetrunners worked hard and deserved all they had. Someday he would too.

When he asked about a price range, though, Sama'el remained quiet, thoughtful. He was just waiting for a promotion within the Watch and then he would not be paid so dreadfully, but even then he would have to work a few seasons to save up much of anything. But could his pride stand admitting to Hek just how little he was paid for risking his neck and Dohaina's so often, for walking the Web like some spider-in-training, risking his connection to his body?

Finally Hek threw out a number and it was too good to be true. The Semes were juveniles, and so they wouldn't do him a whole lot of good until they matured, but he didn't have his pavilion yet in any event, and so it was a grand discount, though his theatrics with the fire probably helped, and Horse was good stock. After the initial shock wore off, a flicker of the trader made itself known.

"If any of Horse's matings lead to twins, I get one of them. If you can stand that, you've got yourself a deal." He put his hand out to clasp wrists with the Ankal and seal the deal. If Kelwyn or Oriana blessed Hek with multiple live births, Sam would consider it a good omen to be shared between them in order to foster continued cooperation and goodwill. But he wasn't going to try to drive the price down lower, because that would be to spit in the face of Hek's generosity.
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Denen Sunsinger on August 25th, 2011, 1:38 am

Denen bowed his head in deferment to allow the two men to go where they would. While he knew he was important to Sam, he also knew there were things Sam would be required to do on his own as Ankal. He knew, too, that his strengths didn't lie in dealing with men of authority. He froze up, grew tense and anxious. He didn't want to make a bad impression for Sam's sake. Instead, as he was asked, he followed the wife and enjoyed the attention he was able to give the animal.

He scarcely realized that Nallia was speaking until he saw her lips move, and he lifted his head to offer a small smile. "I would like that very much," he signed. He pressed his brow against the stallion's, hugging his head. "Do you want more pretty braids?" He asked. "Maybe we can even put some feathers in. Would you like that?"

He cast his blue eyes momentarily in the direction Hek had taken Sama'el, praying that everything had gone well.
Denen Sunsinger
The Third Wife

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Lariat on August 30th, 2011, 1:55 pm

Hek gripped Sama'el's hand firmly shaking his hand briskly. " It is a deal then, I look forward to seeing your pavilion rise up and our continued relations grow. " he signed, a twinkle coming to his eye. Moving to stand up now he walked around his desk to stand just outside the entrance of the tent, signing to his cousins to go fetch the two Semes that had already been prepped for the day. Slowly he took another look back at the watchman. " Those two will grow to be as strong as you need them to be " he signed with a knowing smile, turning to the side to take a look at the two young horses being led. After that one last look, he turned slightly to the side to motion for Sama'el to follow, heading back towards Denen and Nallia.

The strider nodded it's agreement vigorously at the suggestion of feathers, rubbing it's cheek against Denen as it took a step forward. Nallia quietly took a place beside Denen, setting to work on a tangled strand of hair, and working with nimble fingers to unknot it so that it could be braided. " I think he has chosen well, the strider I mean " she said softly to Denen, making sure he could see her face as she said it. As if in response the strider nudged Denen again, neighing softly. A warm smile bubbled up to her lips as her eyes stayed on Denen and her fingers continued to work on braiding the horses fine mane
Lariat

Office

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on August 30th, 2011, 11:45 pm

When the deal was done, Sam's face split into a wide grin and he clapped Hek on the shoulder. This, he hoped, would be the beginning of a long and prosperous business relationship between them and, perhaps, a friendship too. Acquiescing easily to Hek's guidance, he kept pace until they were out where Denen was cooing to the Strider while Hek's wife looked on. But his inescapable grin turned into an outright beaming that flickered on Ankal, Nallia, Denen, and the fine horse when it was announced that the Strider had, in fact, chosen.

There was a piece to the puzzle of Denen's contentment, the filling of a void that nothing short of a new Strider could hope to fill. Yes, indeed, the Fleetrunners were going to be his friends whether they liked it or not.
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Denen Sunsinger on August 31st, 2011, 5:24 am

Denen was shaking. His fingers were laced in coarse mane and he sucked hard on his lower lip. Chosen. He couldn't believe his fortune. He didn't feel worthy of such a thing. He wound his arms around the horse's neck and pressed his face against the mottled hair. A quiet prayer of thanks was offered up to the gods, to those who had passed beyond and into new bodies, and to this horse for choosing someone like him.

When he drew back, his blue eyes were brilliant with tears. He choked back a sob, and turned to Sam with a grin that spoke volumes of what he was experiencing. Sam's newness with Dohaina would mean he would know exactly what his friend was going through. It was all he could do to keep from running to embrace Sam in joy.

"He chose me!" He signed animatedly. "He chose me!"
Denen Sunsinger
The Third Wife

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Lariat on September 5th, 2011, 3:08 am

Sama'el

Experience:

Webbing: 1 xp
Reimancy: 2 xp
Socialization: 5 xp
Rhetoric: 5 xp
Negotiation: 5 xp
Riding (Horse): 1 xp

Lores:

Getting to know the pavilions that be
Endrykas Layout (Advanced)
Taste of the future
Saving face and blood.
Stopping the flames.
Solidifying ties with the Fleetrunners
Pavilion in the works.
Acquiring Semes at a good price

Denen Brokensong

Experience:

Cooking: 1
Socialization: 5 xp
Riding (Horse): 1 xp
Rhetoric: 4 xp
Horsemanship: 2 xp
Herbalism: 1
Medicine: 1

Lores:

A day near the stables.
Nallia (Friend)
Andine (Friend)
Whistling is a pain.
A lovely strider caught my eye.
Bonding with your second strider.

Comments

Sama'el make sure to deduct the Semes from you ledger, as well as the wine you gave as a gift. Also the burns should wear away within a few days with continued treatment from Denen.

Denen you have now bonded with the strider. Here is the Storyteller Secret thread you need to copy and paste: Storyteller Secrets Thread

If you think I missed anything don't hesitate to ask!
Lariat

Office

Previous