[Solo] Resolved and Relentless

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Miro on September 5th, 2011, 9:17 pm

27th day of Fall, 511 AV

Miro woke with a start, nearly falling out of bed. Sitting up he leaned forward, resting his hand on his forehead. He leaned back swinging his head back to stare up through the crack above his bed. Gazing at the endless sky he noted there were still stars out. He let out a long heavy sigh and ran his hand back through his hair. "I can't mess this up...this could be my chance." He continued to think and stare across the dark room as the fire in his soul started to burn hotter.

The fire inside his heart reached the breaking point. He flooded his djed into his arm. Res was covering his arms trickling away from lack of concentration, and he could feel the Flux gripping his muscles. His eyes started to change, his emotions peaking in anger. They were shallow crimson orbs, Miro's eyes; glowing in the faintly moonlight room they cast his frustration and anxiety. He forced mind to one point, one center of his universe.

The res lifted and began to form a large sphere around his hand. It began to revolve around his hand, loosing a bit of its shape. The swirling began to come to a narrow point extending from his hand, and around his wrist broaden. He concentrated it, using his frustration to focus his essence into the magic. He moved the swirling res into the palms of his hand now, it began to pick up speed. It swirled around and began to take the shape of a top of sorts. Using his other hand he cast forth more res in a thick smog like gas. He forced it to swirl around the even faster still, holding its shape in place.

Miro focused as hard as he could. He let the res move to the floor now, controlling the liquid res with his hand and the air with his left. he focused more djed into it, it began to gather a menacing presence. It stood nearly as tall as Miro, and was wider around at the broad end. A torrential flood of djed, threatening to swallow anything that came too close sat in his control. He could feel the force of the attack pulling him in slightly. The air that whipped around the outside stung harshly against his unclothed body. The Flux was still being trickled into his arms, slowly putting more and more pressure, he couldn't help but to empower his muscles flowing so much djed through his arms.

Miro's could feel that he was using too much djed too quickly, the feeling of power began to swallow his mind. The pleasure seeped into his arms, through his hands, all around him. Everything felt great, he was perfect, immortal even! With a deep grin on his face he called the cataclysmic rush of djed towards him. Ignoring the pain, he reached in letting his hands grasp the water firmly. It stung horridly, his hand bounced back away from it as they collided. Still he reached forward gripping it. Once he had a 'grip' he lept, spinning his body. He turned, moving the res with him as he let out a long booming yell. "FIIIIIIIIISSSE" screamed so loud that not only the people in the house with him, but also the people in the streets beyond could hear.

The res transmuted to water in the center, and a fierce wind around the outside. It sailed forward at an immense speed becoming thin and twisting in several directions. Measure at least 11 feet long, It cruised towards the wall furthest away. It danced left and right nearly jumping of the ground as it changed directions. A sharp high pitched grinding noise was produced as it collided with the stone wall that blocked its path. After a few moments it lost shape and the water fell into a shallow pool.

Miro walked slowly to the wall. Feeling dizzy, he staggered slightly each time he placed one foot in front of the other. He reached the wall, plopping through the water at his feet. His eyes caught the wall, there was something odd. He ran his hands all over the wall where the attack hit. "It's...scratched." The wall had cuts, noticeable impressions. MIro collapsed to the ground after letting a faint smile cross his lips. His eyes faded to grey as he fell back onto the cold hard ground. He closed his eyes and lost consciousness just as Kinneas entered the room.

"Miro, wake up! Miro, what the hell did you do? You NEED to WAKE UP!" He shook Miro in a panic, his eyes started to well up with tears. He picked the unconscious kid up and walked him to his bed placing him down gently. He sat near his bed until he fell asleep.
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Miro on September 5th, 2011, 11:05 pm

Miro woke up with a slight headache. He looked over to see Kinneas laying on his side snoring. He quietly walked over dressed himself and grabbed his gold pieces. "It has been a while since I've made any glyphs. I will need supplies if i am going to make any. Paint, scrolls, cases, oh and new books on magic." Really he was going to buy anything that caught his eye. It was going to be a new experience buying things for himself. It was strange enough buying the furniture for the house. Thankfully Kinneas had some money saved up so they could have furnishings in their lovely home.

He walked out the door and took a deep breath. His head stopped hurting once he caught sight of the bright sun pouring down over him. It was one of the few instances that being warm was pleasurable for him. Starting on a steady stride he headed out to town.

Before long the Bizarre was in sight. Miro casually browsed through the shop. Disappointingly nothing stuck out to him. It seemed that buying things was not all that great. Just as he was going to give up and start carving in the ground, something caught his eye. A heavy looking robe. It was dark, but appeared to be very thick. Miro ran up to the man with a fierce excitement in his eye. He paused for a second remembered something Kinneas had warned him about before. "Miro, we are going to buy some things from people. There is something you should know about people, they love money. When you see something you like, you can not act like you want it. If you do, then you may find the price suddenly becoming greater. Play it cool, and act uninterested."

Miro let his smile turn into a frown of sorts. "So, what is this here? Some sort of robe? It looks much to thick for me. What a shame, I was looking for something just like it." He looked over the black robe. It had red lacing throughout it. If one wanted they could close it on their body quite snug. "Well, it is made to keep you very warm. Called a winterbane robe for a reason. Would you happen to be a mage? If so, i have quite the selection of goods for sale." Miro let out a smile. "I am, and I would love to see what you have. If at all possible, I would like to see if you have books on magic. Oh, and since you put it that way, perhaps i will try out that robe." The man turned for a second and dug into a chest, pulling out several small dust tomes. He blew off a thin coat of dust. "I have these here. I don't know much about them besides that they came from a...err...well a mage friend of mine gave them to me. I can show you all of the things that he gave me. He reached down and pulled out a staff. It was quite large in diameter. He grabbed the robe down and placed it on the table before him. He proceeded to put forth a small black weapon harness as well as a few scrollcases with blank parchment inside. "Anything you like here? I can do a good deal for you my friend Miro smiled seeing a few things that interested him smiled. "I do indeed, and a deal sounds great. I in fact like all of this. How much for it all?" Miro picked up the staff, for its size it was surprisingly heavy. He set it down carefully. "I can give you all of these wonderful magic items for...oh lets say...two hundred and fifty gold miza.

Miro was a bit taken aback. He had counted his pieces after he got paid. He didn't even make three hundred gm last season, and ten had already been spent on the tournament. He paused for a moment and did some math in his head. Twenty one gm would be all he had left. But he could have all of these things. He looked down at the tomes that sat before him. He dusted each and every one off. They were manuals for learned new magics. The basics of morphing, projection and auristcs three magics he was familiar with. Even some strange things he wasn't. Summoning? what was that? And this spiritism sounded strange as well. He needed these things! Frantically he scanned his eyes around the small shop. His gaze caught that of a large waterskin. "I want that too!" Miro pointed at the object dramatically. "That is my water pack! It have had it for years." Miro grinned "That probably means you should get a new one don't you think?" He dumped all of his gold on the table in front of him, counted twenty one pieced and returned them to his pocket. The man had started to object just as Miro poured the gold on the table. Needless to say it cut his sentence short and he began counting the pieces "250 gold miza, you have a deal, water pack and all!"

Miro gladly took the deal, collected his items and strode off with his arms full. Once he would return to his home, he would unload and the real training would start! Having his new robe on make him feel proud. It was comfortable, not only would it keep heat in, but it would keep it out as well. All he had to do was keep his temperature low and it would stay that way. The new books could be a treat for him, and perhaps Kinneas could even give one a read.
Last edited by Miro on September 6th, 2011, 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Miro on September 6th, 2011, 2:05 am

Miro was loosing his grip as he neared the house. By the time he entered the room, he barely had time to make it to the bed before dropping it all. He took the books and put them on the book case. They took up nearly half the space there. He looked down at them proudly. He went over to the staff, picking it up, once again he couldn't help but notice it was light. Examining the tip, he found that it had a gap in it. It appeared it came apart. Miro wrapped his hand around it and gave it a firm pull. It made a popping noise as the end came off. Upon examination, he found it was attached with a cork of sorts, and the inside was hollowed out. He smiled as it all made sense, he had a staff that he could hide things in. He sat it down, next to his bed and looked through the empty parchment and scroll casings. Two of the casings were seemingly watertight. The other were just plain leather. He took the things and set them on the shelf in the room, along with the paint he had acquired.

He took off his robe and shirt, leaving them in his wardrobe. He took an amount of the inscribing paint and the staff and went outside. He smiled as the sun greeted him one more time. Glyphing was one skill he was quite good in, yet unpracticed. Very rarely did he find materials in which he could draw on himself. For that, was the best way to use glyphs. Enhancing your ability to use magic, or even control of djed. He sat down near in one of the patches where grass was trying to grow.

He opened the paint and dipped a finger in. He took the shimmering substance and drew two circles, one on each side of his chest. He dipped his fingers in again, then one larger circle around his stomach. From the one on his stomach, he drew a line straight up, directly between the other two; then another line, attaching the two on his chest, crossing the vertical line, making a cross. He also connected the two circles on his chest down to the one on his stomach with a line. Around the cross he made a circle with various markings around it, making a path. Focusing, making each one just right. Taking more paint, he drew a triangle in the circles on each side of his chest. Then another triangle directly on top of it facing the opposite direction. Around them, he drew several markings, starting of a barrier. The left side, air, and on the right, water. On his hands he decided he would do the other parts of the barrier. He took some paint, drawing designs two adjacent diamonds on his palms. On that back of his hands, three interlocking circles connected to the diamonds through his fingers and around his wrist. From the circles came three lines going around his arms and connecting to two circular barriers on his shoulders. They proceeded to connect to the area on his chest, completing the barrier. Now he focused his attention to his stomach. He would dip his finger one last time. He drew a 10 point star in circle. He drew another smaller circle in the star with several lines connecting the circles together. This would become a switch, making it possible to alter, separate or even combine magical properties. The glyph was complete, though he was not sure exactly what purpose it would serve at this point. He could change magical effects, and use the barrier to contain them. Perhaps he would gain control over his djed, overcome the wildness to his djed flow. There was only one way to find out, to test them.

Miro focused his mind. He took a crossed leg position with his hands hovering a few inches apart from each other. He focused his thoughts to allow his djed to flow. "I can do this. I can do this. I can do this. I will open my soul up, allow my djed to flow through my body. Flowing, a deep endless stream, rushing forward." He focused his djed deep into his gut. He let it pool, flooding into his center. He felt the energy passing into the glyph drawn on his stomach. He let it flow up, through the path, travel down his right arm. He produced from the diamonds a steady stream of liquid res that poured down to the floor. A slight smirk crossed his face as he saw the increased rate of res production. He took from the pool of djed to flow it throughout his entire arm. It danced along the path, going up into his left shoulder circle gathering in amount, then trickling along his arm and into the glyphs on his hand. He forced the djed into the Flux. The muscles in his arm seemed as if they would burst out through his skin or snap the bones in his arm. He pulled forth the amount of liquid res and began swirling it around his left hand, and he focused it with his right. The Flux was digging at his muscles, and the water was spiraling faster than he anticipated. He thrust his hand forward wickedly, using the Flux to carry his fist forth with unnatural power. Just as the punch started forward, he changed the res into air, creating a powerful shockwave. The wave of energy hit the wall with a thud, then rebounded back, knocking Miro off his feet, pushing him back a few feet.

Laughed slightly, Miro laid down on the floor for a few moments. Once he was satisfied he returned inside, cleaning himself up and taking care of his supplies. Not having a use for the staff yet was fine, he obviously didn't need it. A hollow center could prove to have uses. What would he store though? Paint, perhaps scrolls even, or maybe even water. Today was a productive day, but tiring. There was nothing left to do today but rest.
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Fallacy on September 6th, 2011, 3:27 am

XP Award!

Name:Miro
XP Award:
  • Reimancy- 5
  • Flux- 2
  • Mathematics- 1
  • Meditation- 2
  • Investigation- 1
  • Rhetoric- 2
  • Glyphing- 4
Lore:
  • Fire of the Soul
  • Using frustration to focus
  • Feeling immortal
  • Heavy Overgiving
  • Buying for yourself
  • Haggling 101
  • Doing math in your head
  • Deal or no Deal
  • Glyphing Oneself
  • Augmenting magic using glyphs
Notes:

Overgiving- Miro will continue to have those headaches for about 5 days and have a little trouble concentrating on the production of Res making his attacks take a bit more effort. After the five days are up, you will progress down to little pains that come and go at random when you try to transmute and control res. This will last for 5 days at which time your experience with overgiving will be over.

-250 GM

Really liked this thread, it showed a lot of writing improvement personally, and your posts were great. Very descriptive. That is why I awarded you full points in Reimancy, and 4 points in Glyphing. It was like you were born to write about glyphs. It was very entertaining.

A note on your magic attack. Its not crazy out there, but tone it down just a little bit :) (Perhaps make the attack smaller?) It just seems to be stretching things a bit.

Any questions or concerns about the rewards gained please send a PM :)

12 hour shifts have started, and Im working 6-7 days a week mandatory overtime. My replies will be slow until I can adjust to this new groove.
Fallacy
I think you're crazy just like me.

Words: 493223
Joined roleplay: June 23rd, 2011, 7:58 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)