[Flashback] Life and Loss (Bold)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Laria on August 18th, 2011, 8:03 pm

OOC:-(
She tried to protest, but eventually relented and let Bolden take the foal from her.
Laria watched as he moved over to the door and laid it down slowly, carefully. A few moments passed before she stepped over to his side and sunk down next to him. She held onto his arm and rested her head on his shoulder, tears still running down her cheeks.

“Bold…”
Her voice was quiet, almost whispering and it hitched and broke in places.
“It wasn’t you.” She closed her eyes tightly for a moment. “I was on watch…”
She had never seen Bolden quite like this before. When they had lost foals, or even mares before he had never broken down like this. Laria’s father had always been sure to tell them that there was nothing they could have done.

She took a deep, ragged breath and looked up into Bolden’s eyes.
“We... StormCloud. We need to go back in.”
Still the tears fell, but she tried to pull herself together for him, for herself. For the mare still inside the stables.
Laria
of the Amethyst Clan

Words: 58701
Joined roleplay: July 31st, 2011, 8:33 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Bolden Denusk on August 18th, 2011, 9:41 pm

Secret :
:'( .....

He put his arms around Palomino and just hugged her. He refused to relinquish what he knew for solid fact, he'd done very wrong. When he finally spoke, his voice was ragged as gravel.

"I know I'm not educated like you anymore, but I know what's what when it comes to horses. The first thing I should have checked was if the foal was breathing. You can't see -through- a mare no matter how long you look at her Pal. I don't know if it was already that way or if I caused it. Any other case we could've said there was nothing to be done. I just learn things the hard way."

Bolden nodded to her, offered her a hand to stand up and grabbed the water buckets.

"We shouldn't have left Stormcloud so long. Like your father says, "When it comes to horses, keep your eye on the living."

Bold walked back to the mare with Laria by his side, hip to hip. When the pair entered, she nickered softly, looking around in bewilderment. At least she'd moved from laying on her side to on her chest. He placed the filled water bucket on the wall ring and encouraged the mare to stand.

Knowing Pal would rub her down with the cloth, he instead just stroked the horse's neck and murmured to her.

"It's gonna be alright Stormy; you win some, you lose some. Drink up now, you must be thirsty."

Bold's large hands softly caressed the length of her back, working out the knotted muscles from a prolonged and fruitless labor. It took him a few chimes to realize the second bucket he'd brought for him and the woman to clean themselves up.

Wearily he dragged a cloth through the water and rubbed down Laria's arms as she in turn rubbed down the mare. Bold wiped the cool cloth over Pal's teary eyes, face and neck, then bent to the water channel and squeezed out the water, returning it to the bucket. Contemplatively, he wiped down his own face and neck and watched Pal's incredibly gentle touch with the mare. His honey colored eyes followed as her golden hands worked on the horse with her healing, soothing touch; it reminded him of someone. The memory teased the edge of his mind and flitted away before he caught it. It was about a bell before sunrise and he was too weary to chase after it.
Bolden Denusk
Cursed

Words: 196002
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2011, 7:37 pm
Blog: View Blog (6)
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Laria on August 23rd, 2011, 7:42 pm

Laria said nothing while Bolden continued to blame himself. He was too stubborn to accept otherwise. She took the offered hand and stood, before falling onto pace next to him as the pair headed back to the poor mare.

As soon as they reached StormCloud, Laria gently stroked the mare’s nose before grabbing a cloth. Silently she rubbed the horse down, working carefully over the still-distressed mare. She glanced up every now and then to watch Bolden gently working the tension from the horses back with practiced ease, before resuming her own work.

She was grateful for the clean cloth Bolden ran down her own arms, and she paused for a moment as he cleaned the grime away. She gave him a small smile in thanks before moving nearer to the mares head. She gently ran the cloth down her neck and wound her fingers into her forelock.
“You’ll be alright hmm. I know you will.”

She dumped the cloth in the water bucket and turned to Bolden. Besides making StormCloud comfortable for remainder of the morning, there wasn’t a lot else the pair could do. Perhaps they would take her out to see her yearling – StormLady later in the afternoon. Laria picked up one of the water buckets and motioned to Bolden that they should head back. They could check back in after a nap, she was tired now, and she was pretty sure he was too.
Laria
of the Amethyst Clan

Words: 58701
Joined roleplay: July 31st, 2011, 8:33 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Lariat on September 12th, 2011, 12:24 am

Laria

Experience:

Horsemanship: 1 xp
Socialization: 2 xp
Observation: 2 xp

Lores:

Delivering a foal.
The tragedies that be
Coping with the loss of a colt

Bolden Denusk

Experience:

Horsemanship: 1 xp
Socialization: 2 xp
Observation: 2 xp

Lores:

Delivering a foal.
Checking the life signs of a unborn colt
Coping with the loss of a colt

Comments

If you have any questions just send me a pm!
Lariat
The light in the back of your mind

Words: 151849
Joined roleplay: June 4th, 2011, 3:20 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous