[Avain Manor] A Shadowy Reflection (Grim & Miro)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Miro on September 9th, 2011, 1:01 am

Miro smiled as it seemed he was winning. The attack would be powerful at first, but Grimkon managed to stop it. And from the looks of it, he did not know the extra strength was gone. Grim had the same super strength bones had, though it wasn't nearly as strong. Instantly he lost the advantage in the power struggle. He needed a way to turn this around. Grim did not know that he had the advantage, perhaps he could use the focus he has into defending to exploit an opening.

Miro retracted his blade as quickly as possible. He dropped it down and moved it clockwise up to the left side of Grim's neck. A large smile appeared across Miro's face. His eyes were dyed a deep aqua color. His iris' danced as if they were on fire. "I would say that I got you. In all honesty, if it weren't for this blade you would be dead right now. I had full intent to kill you, but Griever stopped me before I could strike. Not that I wanted to kill you, I knew it would stop me. I just think maybe you should tell Griever thank you for saving your life.

Miro laughed as he drew his blade back and hopped back a few feet. If you want to stop, I completely understand. I wouldn't want to fight me either!" Miro laughed as playfully jostled his friend. He readied his stance. his left leg trailing his right, lowered slightly. His right arm facing towards Grim, his left in the air behind him. He focused a bit of djed to his arm, readying it for flux attacks.
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Miro on September 9th, 2011, 1:03 am

OOPS- ignore this
Last edited by Miro on September 9th, 2011, 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Shazvagrimkon on September 9th, 2011, 7:31 pm

Grimkon felt the cold steel next to his neck. The blade he had been pushing against a second ago had vanished and appeared at the left of his throat. After Miro removed the blade and finished joking he took a step back. He smiled at Miro’s comments and joking. “I would say that makes us even, seeing as how that fall could have cost you your life in a real fight. You’re an excellent opponent though. Tie breaker?” They both began to prepare themselves for the next bout of sword play.

With a bead of sweat sliding down the right side of his face, Grimkon took a step back and positioned his feet. He raised his sword up and took a deep breath. Again Grimkon began walking, only forward this time, straight to Miro. Carefully watching for an opening or attack he gets closer. Once within reach, he swings upward while continuing to walk forward hoping to lessen the use of his longer weapon.
He who makes a beast out of himself
gets rid of the pain of being a man
Shazvagrimkon
Snake Dude

Words: 28160
Joined roleplay: August 5th, 2011, 9:00 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Postby Miro on September 9th, 2011, 10:49 pm

Miro watched as the man come towards him. A tie breaker huh? Well, flashy attacks are risky, but if you're gonna win, might as well win big! Miro started his djed flow. First to his hands, adding a constant stream of res until his blade was well covered. Next, his legs surged as full as he could get them. The djed was split harshly between them, he was not used to using several areas at once. It took him some time to build it, Grimkon had eased his way in closer than he wanted. Miro readied both hands on his blades, holding it outwards trailing behind his hips.

Now he would charge! Miro rushed forward as hard as he could, adding energy to the attack. A few feet away Grimkon, he focused the Flux into his muscles. The djed took a moment to fill them entirely. As he focused, his muscles surged with a new strength. He had to be careful not to push his legs too hard. Using this much djed in an attack was new to him, despite his lengthy history with the magic. His enhanced muscles felt like they were hard as diamonds. He launched upwards, blade trailing at his side. His form trailed forward into the sky reaching well over ten feet. He pointed his blade down, just as he was forming his res. The res shot down, all over the blade forming a thick encasing around it increasing the blades size a few inches in every direction. The was changed to have the smallest growth of size, only 2 inches at most.

Miro fell quickly downwards towards Grimkon who's blade nearly cut him up the center. His blade was still in the air. Perhaps he could manage some sort of block. Miro came down ready to pierce through Grim, when just as he expected, he found himself redirecting his aim. Instead of aiming for Grimkon's blade, Griever had redirected the attack to ensure that Miro could not land a lethal strike. His blade moved down, ice grinding against the edge of Grim's blade. Powered ice came pouring into the air. Miro came close to cutting Grim's body slightly. However right before hitting, the force of Grim's attack forced it back towards Miro. He came down on his own blade, slashing the inside edge of his left calf. His blade betrayed him. Instead of chancing a possibly fatal strike on an enemy, it turned landing a non-fatal attack on its master. Miro came down hard, injured again. He spread the energy of the fall throughout his body. The blade clash had taken a sufficient amount of energy from the fall to ensure he landed safely.

Miro looked down at the gash in his leg, blood came pouring out. Miro focused his djed into a res from his hands. He made enough to cover the wound and used it to hold the blood in place, acting as a temporary skin. He made sure not to attract the blood, for the risk of bleeding himself out. He had a thought though, what if he could call upon his blood to act as a source of water in a time of crisis. It could serve to be quite useful. He had always heard his mother mention the relevance of blood in magic. All world magics call upon it. Even some gods game you divine gifts dealing with blood. The pain was still very concerning, and his ice around his stomach was cracked, letting blood seep out. He Made some more res, holding it against his stomach wound. As long as he could hold concentration, his wounds would be okay. "Grim, you really beat me bad. Though, I think you should thank Griever twice, he thought that strike might kill you. Bastard cut me!" He stood up retrieving his sheathe and returning Griever to it. He leaned on him slightly, supporting the weight of his cut foot.

"Grim, you won. Congrats...maybe next time we can fight without weapons and I can actually hit you!" Miro stuck his tongue out at Grim and shot a smile. His eyes had returned to purple, and he was doing his best to ignore the pain. He hoped not to alarm Grimkon exactly what had happened. He may even start to come off as invincible, that could always prove fun later. Perhaps he would try to keep a guise of immortality to the man. By simple playing it tough, and writing off any damage as simply being a loss.

Miro smiled to Grimkon. "I think I'm going to go inside and train a bit. I can't believe you beat me!" He stormed off before Grim could reply. Once inside he ran to his bed and sat down, focusing his mind on his wounds. He took some more res, trying to ensure it was held in place. He had a thought appear in his mind. It had shown up earlier when he covered his leg, but he had ignored it. "What if I could replace my blood. I could use my magic's djed to give it power, and if only I could learn to change my water. With the ability to change my water, I could make different liquids!" He smiled and he laid himself down. He rested his eyes, careful not to fall asleep and loose focus on his wounds that were held in place to heal.
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Shazvagrimkon on September 12th, 2011, 9:40 pm

The fighting was great so far and Grimkon had to constantly remind himself that Miro was not a normal opponent. That was proven during the tie breaking match between the two of them. While Grimkon was walking towards him Miro launched himself quickly into the air over twice his height. With blade trailing at his side, it was a curious sight as he flew through the sky. After realizing what was happening, Grimkon began to swing his blade in an upward arc as his opponent reached the full height of his jump. It was a marvelous sight as all of a sudden the blade coming down towards him suddenly iced over and grew significantly in size. The long arc of the sword going upward nearly sliced its target up the center and was still in the air as Miro’s blade made contact with it and the two grind together spraying Grimkon’s face with powdered ice. The cool misting was welcoming during the intense battling the two participated in. The fighting had tired him and the force of the blades colliding knocked Grimkon flat onto his back, causing him to hit his head and knocking the wind out of him. As Miro landed, Grimkon barely noticed the blossoming red on his opponent’s leg before it was covered and he moved.

As Miro hurriedly told Grimkon that he won and said goodbye, Grimkon sat up and tried not to show that he was barely breathing. It was already getting dark but he had no idea how long the sparring had lasted. All he could think about while sitting there were the wondrous magic Miro used during the fight. Ice appeared out of nowhere and that strength was inhuman. He would have to talk to him about that sometime and see if Miro would show him how it’s done. After pondering the magic and recovering from the fight as best as he could for the time being, Grimkon stood up and sheathed his sword and then set off from the house and took in deep breaths of the cool night air enjoying the walk.
He who makes a beast out of himself
gets rid of the pain of being a man
Shazvagrimkon
Snake Dude

Words: 28160
Joined roleplay: August 5th, 2011, 9:00 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Postby Fallacy on September 14th, 2011, 9:06 pm

XP Award!

Name:Miro
XP Award:
  • Sword Cane- 3
  • Flux- 2
  • Reimancy- 2
Lore:
  • No such thing as a ‘lazy day’
  • Combining magic with swordsmanship
  • Being stabbed by Griever
  • Augmenting a blades size with ice
Notes:

Injuries: Hole in the stomach
Gash in the leg

Name:Shazvagrimkon
XP Award:
  • Short sword- 3
  • Observation- 2
Lore:
  • Accepting an offer
  • Fighting Miro
  • Noticing inhuman strength
Notes:

Any questions or concerns about the rewards gained please send a PM :)

12 hour shifts have started, and Im working 6-7 days a week mandatory overtime. My replies will be slow until I can adjust to this new groove.
Fallacy
I think you're crazy just like me.

Words: 493223
Joined roleplay: June 23rd, 2011, 7:58 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)

Previous