Collection of Character Concepts

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Postby Alice on March 6th, 2010, 4:31 pm

This is meant as a thread where people can share unused character concepts and others can look at them and get inspiration for their own chars. Although there might be some difficulties, I hope that this is going well.

Remember, people: Never completely copy a concept! You won't be happy with something that isn't a true creation of your own imagination. Rather browse through this collection, get inspired by an idea or two and incorporate them into your own concept, if you like. This way there should be no problems. :)

Everyone can post a concept in any form they like. I'll start off with a character using a few information points, but you don't have to continue with this scheme.

Name: Merrick Mayfair (female)
Race: Kelvic, Kalean Mountain Fox
Appearance: She's a short girl, has long, bright red hair and golden or green eyes. Her skin is pale, maybe with a few speckles.
Personality: Just like a fox, she's fairly clever and likes playing tricks on people, although she would never do serious harm to them. She favors learning by doing and craftsmanship over weapon or magic skills.
Other: Has picked up some climbing and pottery experience, because she spent her childhood in the mountains near Denval with a family owning a pottery business. She was the only Kelvic, but had two brothers she used to play with.
Mura ... Starting Guide ... Konti

"Shard by shard she rearranges the world.
It looks the same, she says, but it is not. It looks as they expect, but it is not."

Gregory Maguire, "Wicked"
Alice
Shade of Grey

Words: 221259
Joined roleplay: October 17th, 2009, 4:51 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1)

Re: Collection of Character Concepts

Postby Aneira Haimati on March 11th, 2010, 1:21 am

I have three Vantha concepts. I'm always coming up with concepts, and lots of characters for Avanthal, lately. Anyone's free to use these (yes, I'm aware Avanthal isn't fleshed out yet, but maybe soon!) and they're pretty general.

Males:

A witch doctor. He could range from a more primitive, eccentric mystic of sorts to a more bookish type. He might be weird and creepy, the sort people don't trust because he likes to "experiment." Or he could be trustworthy and compassionate.

A hunter and furrier. He'd probably have his own small shop, or maybe he'd deal in furs more on the side of hunting.

Female:
A midwife or midwifery student. I thought it would be funny if she was also Avanthal's self-proclaimed "matchmaker" (this could be very obvious or more subtle) as well.
Aneira Haimati
Masquerade! Paper faces on parade.

Words: 31480
Joined roleplay: February 10th, 2010, 12:07 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Re: Collection of Character Concepts

Postby Siana Skyglow on March 11th, 2010, 4:49 pm

I must say, I really like the idea behind this topic. Most people that come to Mizahar are probably going to have far more character ideas than they could possibly put into writing or maintain. It's great that this topic was created so those ideas still have somewhere to go, instead of fading away in someone's head.

Here are some of my ideas:

1. An Ethaefal of Syna/Eypharian. The only memories she has of her previous life are of her service as a priestess of Syna in Ahnatep. She regards her current situation as a predestined part of her journey, perhaps even a test from Syna, and has taken it upon herself to spread Syna's worship wherever she fell. Possible names: Corona, Solaris.

2. A Konti thief or con-woman. Outcast from Mura, she now travels the continent combining her clairvoyant abilities with her shrewd intelligence and natural penchant for taking advantage of others. After all, who better to rob you blind than someone who can find out where you've hidden your valuables with a touch or glance? Besides, this is the best I could for thinking up an "ugly" Konti, as the racial write-up seems to suggest there are no physically unattractive Konti.

3. A Vantha mage or Stormwarden. Specializing in either water or air, this Vantha seeks to wield the power of the frozen North itself through his magics. Though feared by his community, he's also frequently called upon to predict storms, create stormgems, or use his powers in other ways. Ambitious yet deeply spiritual, he could easily become either a vigilant protector and defender of his people or a power-crazy schemer who dreams of covering all of Mizahar in snow and ice.
Siana Skyglow
Fire and ice

Words: 70143
Joined roleplay: February 18th, 2010, 11:49 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Hex on April 5th, 2010, 2:33 am

Name: Up to you!
Race: Kelvic Peacock
Appearance: A tall queen with red hair and dark skin, inspired by this picture and this picture too
Personality: Austere, elegant, menacing, manipulative, feminine, stoic, ruthless
Other: A mysterious Queen who is bonded to her beloved King. Bred to act like royalty, she is merely a human to her people. Citizens have been known to see a peacock on the palace premises and say that it is the queen's pet, but none are entirely confident about the relationship between it and the queen. Little do they know, they are the same being and truthfully the peacock is really the King's pet.
Hex
Ghost Chasing Healer

Words: 169721
Joined roleplay: December 4th, 2009, 4:57 am
Blog: View Blog (6)
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Artist (1) Donor (1)

Postby Malia on May 25th, 2010, 2:44 pm

I've had a few Akvatari ideas recently, but none of those is interesting enough for me to play, so I thought I'd share them here:

Someone who wanders the world and tries to adjust to every new culture/society she settles in. Because Akvatari don't belong to any particular god or believe in a life purpose, she tries to become a member of another race to share their principles. But every time she realizes that she hasn't succeeded, she leaves and the game begins anew.

Someone who, because she can't believe in any deity, clings to money and material goods in order to be happy. Of course, she never truly feels satisfied, but has become very wealthy and notorious as a consequence.

These could probably be men too, I just never consider playing them.
Malia
The Remnants

Words: 229208
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2009, 5:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (18)
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (2)
Power Fork (1)

Postby Mao on May 27th, 2010, 4:49 am

I had an idea for an Inarta male eagle rider. :<

No name yet, no full concept yet, but he's dying to be made.
Mao
Nyancat

Words: 151412
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2010, 10:03 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Lore Author (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Donor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Naledi on May 27th, 2010, 5:34 pm

I realise there are tonnes of Kelvics on Mizahar because it's such a fun character concept - the traditional shapeshifter with a twist. But people have played certain animals dry, like the cat (yeahyeahIknow. I'm trying to see if I can bring something new to it, haha, good luck to me) and the wolf (not to say these aren't good choices, but there are quite a lot of them). I've always been interested in creating a Kelvic whose animal is quite strange or wouldn't normally be played.

For example...

-an armadillo (how cool would that be to play?!) or a pangolin (an armadillo-like creature completely covered in keratin armour. Both would be guarded and the strong adn silent type)
-a parrot (who would be annoying and talkative)
-a rat (who would be sleek and shiny but have a very shrewd personality)
-a hedgehog/porcupine (whose personality would be warm and loving but they're unable to get close to people because of some kind of prickly problem)
-a bunny (awwww! that's just cute)
-a mole (who would have incredibly bad eyesight even in human form)
-a wild horse (that would be really interesting, in my opinion - a free-spirited person who despises confinement)
-an echidna (a strange kind of mammal covered in spines that lays eggs and has a beak)
-a loris (a tiny monkey-like creature barely bigger than your middle finger)
-an aardvark/tapir/anteater (yes I realise they are definitely not the same animal)
-a fossa (pronounced foosa, it's a kind of doglike miniature lion that lives in the jungle)
-a skunk (I'd like to discourage the thought that all they do is pee on stuff, they are actually really cute and only spray things that scare them)

I really think it's time for everybody to just let go of the wolf and cat stereotypes. Even I'm getting bored with it. So there! Go and create a really interesting Kelvic. ^.^
Naledi
Beyond the point of no return...

Words: 25297
Joined roleplay: April 26th, 2010, 7:15 pm
Character sheet

Postby Midnight on June 3rd, 2010, 12:59 am

Naledi wrote:-a parrot (who would be annoying and talkative)

Tssk how stereotypical I am *squwaks* Very offended. ;)

*eats some macademias and throws nut shells UUUUURverywhere.*

But here are some thoughts:

Human characters Psychos
An outwardly civil looking person who hides dark secrets.
Someone who just enjoys killing people a sadist. A heavy influence may be the animuu character (Second villain in this skip to like 3:47 video.)
Ghosts
A neutral character that acts as a guide to wary travelers
Story lines
Possible Ghost/living relationship (Romantic
Midnight
Player

Words: 25147
Joined roleplay: December 3rd, 2009, 3:16 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Naledi on June 3rd, 2010, 4:53 pm

Ahhh hehe, that's so awesome! I knew that Mizahar's Kelvics weren't doomed to sink into an abyss of monotonous, boring characters!!! ^.^

I think a really good romance would be between an Eypharian and a Benshira, because Eypharians like, HATE the Benshira. So it'd be hot.

And I agree with Midnight, a human/ghost would be very fun to play, especially because of the whole 'Uh, yeah, you're dead' factor. :D
Naledi
Beyond the point of no return...

Words: 25297
Joined roleplay: April 26th, 2010, 7:15 pm
Character sheet

Postby Emma on July 5th, 2010, 8:24 pm

Aww, I came up with that Idea on my own, and someone else already had it? Oh well, I hit 5 character limit already anyways.

As for Kelvics, I definitely agree a horse would be awesome (Yes, I know I'm the boring feline, but it's so much fun, and I had a good picture!). That being said... oh, what's the animal... AH! The Wiki says that they have to be mammals or birds, but what about an aquatic mammal, like a dolphin or Whale?
A thief is never sorry for stealing, or tricking their victim, or being a thief in general. If fact, the only thing they really are sorry for, it seems, is being caught.
Emma
Player

Words: 27515
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2010, 12:33 am
Character sheet