[Bizarre] Gadgets & Gizmos [Julius]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Hadrian on March 9th, 2011, 12:03 am

Hadrian would have gladly philosophized about the nature of reality and illusion with Julius had he made his thoughts known, and waxed anthropological with his own theories about how the prevalence of illusion had shaped the culture of Alvadas. But perhaps that would have to wait for another day.

"Initiation for the dandies," he agreed, "though someday if we should meet again, I might want some instruction in gadgeteering for the instruction I'll give you in reimancy, too."

He blinked, chlorine blue eyes observing the disappearance of Julius' illusions, or at least one layer of illusion peeled back to reveal another? The 'real' version of Julius seemed a bit more comfortable to Hadrian, he was still mildly harried by the constant assault on the senses he had spent his whole life trusting.

"I think I said," but sometimes he could not remember for he seemed to be saying it frequently when explaining himself, "that I'm more of an enchanter than a magecrafter, but I have begun to learn carving, gadgeteering, and metalworking. The gears will help until I can make my own, I'm sure. An accord of gentlemen," he agreed, putting out his hand to shake. "But perhaps we should repair to your home where your crying and thrashing won't upset anyone."
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Julius Aldoid on March 11th, 2011, 9:37 pm

"Instruction? Most certainly. Two words: Wind-up butter-churn," Julius nodded, tipping an imaginary hat to the man, "Gear ratios are the best thing ever. Just a little heavy on the arithmetic."

He glanced back to Hadrian when the man had made mention of metalworking, yawing a moment, tiredness the sole motivation.

"Oh! Must of missed that. Sorry, I am a bit deaf," a big stretch punctuating his words, "Well then you got all you need. I can show you the basics. I find with gadgeteering that the only difference between a master and a apprentice is a matter of complexity, cleverness, and scale. Masters can make very tiny things, or very gigantic things, or very complex things. The most important thing is having fun though.

He fiddled with his pipe, tapping the ash from it, just to be sure, and feeling around his pockets for more tobacco, turning away to look out amid the bizarre. It was clear he was still listing, but as seemed to be Julius' nature, the strange man tended to divide his focus often.

"Well, normally I wouldn't let a gentleman come into my home for a bit of crying and thrashing, but you did buy me dinner after all," When he turned back, it was a beautiful woman's face smiling back, eyes closed, slightly blushing.

And in a flash, it was normal again.

"C'mon, we can be there before next bell if we hurry. And I have some notes of mine I can give you when we get there."

And so he wandered out the alley, and on to home.
Julius Aldoid
He who hunts hats.

Words: 38677
Joined roleplay: December 5th, 2010, 10:10 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Hadrian on March 15th, 2011, 5:53 pm

"The mathematics should not be a problem," he assured the manifold man. But he nodded along with what Julius said; gadgeteering seemed to be the mundane equivalent of magecrafting in many ways, especially in that size, power, and complexity were relative to the skill of the magus, the time and resources spent.

The face shift startled him a bit, but he just began to wonder if any face he had seen today really belonged to Julius, but that was another question about reality versus perception and he had come to the conclusion that he would not understand that without a bit of perspective, which he would gain after leaving Alvadas so he had a relatively stable reality from which to observe.

So for the time being he kept mum and hurried after Julius, hoping this didn't sour in the process.
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Duality on September 26th, 2011, 6:18 am

oocGraded by Permission of Fallacy to learn how the process works

Image Hadrian
Image 1 Gadgeteering
2 Rhetoric
4 Observation

Image Getting an Unexpected Lunch Date
Eating Blue Curry from a Coat Rack
Learning from Illusions
Speaking Openly to a Stranger
Offering to Give an Initiation
Exploring the Strange Nature of Alvadas

Image -2gm
+2 Clockwork Men

Image Julius Aldoid
Image 1 Merchantile
3 Gadgeteering
3 Rhetoric
2 Observation

Image Selling doesn't take you a while
Inviting Strangers to Lunch
Eating Blue Curry from a Coat Rack
Teaching with Illusionism
The Yearn to Learn Magic
Bitter Past
Mixing Emotions with Illusions

Image -3gm, -9sm, -6cm
+1 Pipe
+1 Tobacco (1 Pound)
+6 Dolls of Copper and Tin
-2 Dolls

This thread was lots of fun to read. I wish it had been completed, or that there was just more to read! Reading through everything was a breeze and you both did a great job of capturing the interest of the audience while exploring your characters. Great first meeting, wish there were others.
PM Me for Any Questions or Concerns Over This Ruling
Duality
Everything is. And it isn't.

Words: 27620
Joined roleplay: September 19th, 2011, 10:50 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous