Introducing: Sefra!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Introducing: Sefra!

Postby Sefra on March 15th, 2010, 6:48 am

Hello! My name here is Sefra. I found this place on page... 20-something on google. I used to RP at Roleplayer Guild, but the threads there started to feel like the same thing over and over again, so I set off for something new and unique. Well, I've found it! And so far it looks like the writing standards might elevate my own a little, so I'm looking forward to it.

Anyway, my current character concept is a Mixed Blood between Drykas and Human (which seem to be roughly the same thing with only a difference in culture in the wiki--please correct me if I'm mistaken). A female child born to a Pavilion of a Drykas father and Human mother who dies giving birth. Honestly, I still haven't worked out the finer details of what a Human was doing in the Sea of Grass in the first place and how she came to be involved with a Drykas man.... I'm still working on it (this bears further reading in the wiki), but any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Anyway, I wanted to make a character who gets a lot of crap for being what she is, but refuses to let other people's opinions effect how she lives. She'd grow up in a Pavilion (haven't picked which clan yet) and earn the respect of her immediate family. However, as people marry into the family, she always has to fight for her position and respect with the newcomer yet again, and whenever the Pavilion is in Endrykas she finds herself in an awkward position when people learn her mother was not Drykas.

She'll develop a curiosity about her Human side as a young adult and go to Sylira at some point... maybe. Haven't decided on that yet, either.

So, yeah, a big WIP on this one :P . Again, any input, corrections, and tips are greatly appreciated, and I look forward to RP'ing with as many of you as I can ^.^ .
Sefra
Player

Words: 13783
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:20 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet

Re: Introducing: Sefra!

Postby Siiri on March 15th, 2010, 7:27 am

Hello Sefra, welcome to Mizahar! I'm not really familiar with the Drykas, but I'm sure others will be more than willing to help you out with your questions. Do drop by chat sometime and meet the rest of us.

Have fun! ^-^
Apologies to everyone I'm threading with, but it's like the Danaides for me right now.
==/==
"If it doesn't solve all your problems, maybe you're not using enough of it." - Violence
Siiri
Beast of Prey

Words: 521753
Joined roleplay: September 18th, 2009, 3:22 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Dhanya on March 15th, 2010, 7:45 am

Welcome! If you do any writing in the Sea of Grass or Endrykas, we should rp :)
Dhanya
Probably attractive in real life.

Words: 136227
Joined roleplay: February 25th, 2010, 12:52 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Vanator on March 15th, 2010, 9:34 am

Welcome Sefra! Always nice to have another Draykas around, even if only half!

We are pretty friendly group, so don't hesitate to ask questions in the Questions and Answer forum, in chat, or right here.

Looking forward to seeing our CS and meeting you in play!
Vanator
There is fire shut up in my bones.

Words: 940033
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2010, 1:16 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Aneira Haimati on March 15th, 2010, 2:51 pm

Welcome, Sefra! :)
Aneira Haimati
Masquerade! Paper faces on parade.

Words: 31480
Joined roleplay: February 10th, 2010, 12:07 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Gossamer on March 15th, 2010, 3:59 pm

Welcome Sefra!

Basically The Drykas are as subset of humans that are found only on the Sea of Grass. They are wholly human, so you actually wouldn't be mixed blood (which indicates a hybrid of human and something else rather than human + human = human) but simply mixed cultures. The same goes for the Benshira, the Vanthi, and a few others that are forthcoming. They are all human, just specific to a culture.

I hope you enjoy your Mizahar experience and have a great deal of memorable RPs. Like others say, feel free to drop questions here or ask in chat. Your sure to have a whole lot of them.

Jen
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Alice on March 15th, 2010, 9:16 pm

Welcome to Mizahar, Sefra!

Like Goss said, there aren't really racial differences, but there are many other ways to make a character unique and stand out in a way that affects the environment. I remember having a character with an eye color that was believed to be demonic by that char's race, so that was an interesting difference to play out.

Take your time creating a character you like. What you've got already sounds rather exciting. :)
Mura ... Starting Guide ... Konti

"Shard by shard she rearranges the world.
It looks the same, she says, but it is not. It looks as they expect, but it is not."

Gregory Maguire, "Wicked"
Alice
Shade of Grey

Words: 221259
Joined roleplay: October 17th, 2009, 4:51 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Sefra on March 16th, 2010, 8:00 am

Thank you all!

I've just finished v1.0 of my character sheet ^.^ !
Sefra
Player

Words: 13783
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:20 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet