Denval [Strangers Welcome] I Like Your Horns (Sitkanis)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A village cut off from the rest of Mizahar by the Valterrian, slowly reestablishing contact with the outside world.

Postby Lena Estelain on July 18th, 2011, 6:35 am

She let out a small sigh, looking into the small mirror of the Strangers Welcome's kitchen staff area. She was wearing her favorite blue bandanna around her golden red hair, wrapped in a loose bun. The grey dress she wore showed off her bare shoulders and neck. So she chose to have her hair up. It was her first couple of days here and she wanted to look good. She even went to her mother and aunt for help on what clothes to wear. Her large breasts were also bandaged to conceal them better.

The first day she was here some of the more drunk sailors tried to make a grab at her while she was serving. Thankfully Oleg pulled her off before she started swinging at people. It was better to avoid it this time. Besides she usually wrapped herself when she couldn't wear loose clothes.

Dirt and stone, dirt and stone, all I am is dirt and stone. She quietly said a silent prayer like phrase. It was something her father always told her as a girl when she came home covered in mud. It was one of her favorite memories from her childhood.

Lena walked away from the mirror and towards the main bar doors. She didn't know why she was so nervous. When she stepped outside and started to take orders from the locals she was always confident and fun loving. Besides she was dressed like any other bar maid and twice as dedicated. ”Dirt and Stones.” She mumbled to herself as she pushed the hinged doors to the main room. The loud din of the late night crowds swallowed her words. The familiar faces of her fellow Denvalian's made her relax a little.

”L'nna dear I need anotha!” A stout slightly balding man roared from a corner table. He was with some other men in their mid forties. Men that were often hired to help during the harvest season on her mothers farm. She gave them a smile and waved.

”I'll be right with you.” She said shouting over the crowds. It was amazing how loud this place got. She quickly walked over to Oleg. ”So what are they having?” She picked up the waist apron underneath the bar counter and tied it on. Not too tight or men gawked at her ass. It was amazing how a little beer turned her into a walking scratching post.

”Heh, piss pour brown ale. Are they friends of yours?” He gave a curious look at the group of men waving like fools to get her attention again. He got a jug from the counter and passed it to her.

”Old friend's of my mothers. Farm hands on an off season.” She gave him a coy smile. ”Whats it to you?” She hadn't been here that long and she never really met Oleg before working here, but his awkwardly blunt advances were... amusing. Almost like a cat and mouse gain he would never win. Usually she would slap down any young boy or man trying to make a pass at her, but he was so forward she found it hard and a little funny.

He smiled back and leaned against the table. She could tell he was about to say something long and drawn out whenever he leaned on something to get comfortable. Right before the words left his lips she interrupted with a smile. ”Customers!” and quickly scurried off to bring the table their drinks.

When she got to the table she lifted the jug with a smile. ”Piss poor brown ale for you gentlemen.” She said as she was filling their mugs and laughed with mock surprise as they groaned in defense of their modest libations

No! 's not poor, 's just... The balding man was trying to find the right word

”Ha ha aged and had a long day at work?” The second man laugh and clasped him on the back and thanked Lena with a nod. ”Piss poor, brown, tired, dirty but still goes down with a kick. It is a drink for Denval! Burns the whole way down, and gets the job done cheap!”

”Hear Hear!” The men laughed and slapped their beers on the table. Lena smiled and looked at the optimistic men.

”Aye to Denval!” She shouted with a laugh as the men shouted back in unison and drained their ale. She wanted to kiss the dirt covered men on the cheek but knew what kind of hell that would unleash. She was always proud of the unyielding patriotism Denval possessed. She started to walk off to take more orders in the room when one of the men tugged on her hand.

”No, stay have a drink! There is always room for a pretty woman!” The men laughed and smiled, looking for another chair. She could see the earnest joy on the men and it broke her heart to refuse. ”Boy's I am working! Besides you all work on my mothers farm. Think of what she would do if she heard you buying her daughter drinks.” A smile lit up her face as the men groaned and agreed.

”She'd rip out our balls off with her teeth!”

”Aye Lyn would do us like the goats! Haha get on with your work before we get in trouble!”

The men laughed loudly and shooed her away, and when she was leaving. Laughing and smiling, happy she talked to them. She saw him in a corner table. At the side of the room and glittering softly. With green marble horns. She knew instantly who he was. Sitkanis the Ethaefal. One of the few people in Denval that wasn't human or Avantal. Everyone that breathed knew about the two Ethaefal. News about outsiders spread quick and he had been here a year already. It was strange she never saw him before but he was breathtakingly beautiful now that she did.

Lena didn't waste time or stare too much. People in Denval were curious but above all polite. She tried to fix her apron a bit and her bandanna. She fiddled when nervous but she didn't know a clue about clothes so she probably just made things worse.

”What can I help you with dear?” She wanted to call him by his name but that would be awkward. She kept her head and was clearly confident as ever. She hardly failed to speak when the time came thank Semele for that. ”We got some great stew cooking, nice and meaty, filled with veggies. And anything else you can think of.” Before he could answer she had to say it. ”I like your horns by the way, never seen anything so beautiful.” Her smile was wide and all teeth. She felt like a young dork but it didn't matter.
Lena Estelain
Made Of Dirt And Stones"

Words: 31809
Joined roleplay: June 12th, 2011, 9:56 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Sitkanis on July 19th, 2011, 2:38 am

Sitkanis did not know why he kept coming to the Stranger's Welcome at night. It was a very stupid idea to put it bluntly. He supposed that he liked the idea of being around other people. At least in a way where he did not have to actually have to talk to them. He enjoyed watching people, zeroing in on certain auras. In that respect he could get to know people without actually having to get to know them. The Ethaefal appreciated those around him but that did not mean he felt the need to chat them up.

The Ethaefal hoped that by sitting alone at a table others would simply leave him alone. Many of them had seen him come into the Stranger's Welcome, stay for a bit, and leave without talking to others or eating. Many of them knew this pattern but not all of them.

The woman who had walked up to Sitkanis table questioned him about what he wanted to eat. With a sigh his lilac eyes flicked over to the girl. "I don't eat, dear." His voice seemed to come out more like a growl than an actual voice. He knew that he should have been so harsh with the girl. She couldn't have been older than eighteen. With a sigh he looked at the girl. "Thank you for asking though." He offered her an awkward smile.

Sitkanis looked down at the table when the girl commented on his horns. "Thank you." He looked at her, squinting at her with eyes too beautiful to be purely mortal. "I'm Sitkanis by the way." He held a hand out to her with a forced smile. "Your name?"
We'll dance in the moonlight
We'll rock till dawn
And if you can't dig it baby
Well then I'm movin' on
-Brandon Saller
Sitkanis
Gimme My Nightlife

Words: 136709
Joined roleplay: August 29th, 2010, 4:54 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Lena Estelain on July 26th, 2011, 6:46 am

His eye's where definitely beautiful and had a mesmerizing effect to them, but his attitude wasn't. If he wanted to act like a little beast then he could take it else where or with another serving girl. Never the less he seemed to be apologetic when he held out a hand. Even if his smile was fake looking.

Well if you don't eat then why are you here honey? She said, placing both hands on her hips. ”And were nice people in Denval. You can keep your attitude to yourself while your around me. Think you very much. Didn't your mother teach you how to act?” She looked at his hand and narrowed her eyes a bit.

”It's nice to meet you either way Sit.” She grabbed his hand and shook it firmly. ”Name is Lena. And is there anything I can get your? Water, beer or something?” Her voice was still friendly but a little agitated. Today was tiring enough as is, she didn't need someone acting up. Especially if it was Sitkanis. She had been looking forward to meeting him after she heard so much about him. Nobody ever mentioned he was a dick.
Lena Estelain
Made Of Dirt And Stones"

Character sheet

Postby Sitkanis on July 29th, 2011, 4:30 pm

Sitkanis eyed the girl darkly. "I gotta get away from the little brother every once in a while don't I?" He hoped that the answer was enough to sate the girl. He did not feel like he needed to explain anything to the waitress but in an effort to not get kicked out of the Stranger's Welcome he needed to be polite, or at least his version of it.

The Ethaefal felt his anger flare when Lena made a comment about his mother. "No idea, I don't remember her." His words seemed to be lined with a hint of fire as he spoke. His eyes bore into Len when she shortened his name. "My name is Sitkanis, not Sit. If I wanted you to call me by a nickname I would have given it to you to begin with." He found it disrespectful when people shortened his name. He had taken a name of the stars. He imagined more people would respect that and not try to cut it into some cute, shortened name.

"I'll tell you something about Ethaefal. We don't eat or drink when our patron deity is in the sky." Sitkanis looked out of the window and motioned to Leth shining in the sky. "I am a son of Leth. He feeds me and keeps me nourished with his light. It is pointless to pay for a drink if I don't need one."
We'll rock till dawn
Well then I'm movin' on
-Brandon Saller
Sitkanis
Gimme My Nightlife

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Lena Estelain on August 3rd, 2011, 8:51 am

This man was testing her last ounce of patience. The Denvali were nice hospitable people more often than not, but this was ridiculous. She had never met anyone so impossible and rude. "My name is Sitkanis, not Sit. If I wanted you to call me by a nickname I would have given it to you to begin with." His voice dripped with snotty attitude. It was her fucking job to relate to the customers and try to be friendly. Granted she wasn't being all that polite, but he started this whole mess by fucking with the wrong woman.

"I'll tell you something about Ethaefal. We don't eat or drink when our patron deity is in the sky." He said with contempt and pointed at the window. By now she was just trying to hold back her tongue and think about this in a constructive manor. No matter how rude he was. This was still her work and every angry customer no matter how ridiculous. Was a smudge on her performance. So when he was done being the biggest thorn in her ass today. She pulled out a chair opposite of him. Exhaling loudly as she sat down.

”Alright Sitkanis. Let me explain something.” Said Lena, fixing her bandanna and hair a little. ”I came by and said hello. Even complimented you on your lovely features. And in Denval everyone hears about everyone. So I was even excited to see the Ethaefal and possibly make another friend.” She smiled politely as she spoke. Only to drop it as she continued. ”Instead of returning my hospitality you decided to be an ass and make my job even harder. On top of your terrible attitude, you come to a tavern wanting no food or drink? Basically sit here without spending a coin.” She narrowed her eyes, frustrated by the very sight of him. ”Now how the petch am I supposed to do my job if you come here growling! And won't order anything?” She leaned back in her chair crossing her arms.

”Now you can either. First, order something for you or a friend. If you have any that is. Second, clean up your petching attitude and stay a while. Or third, get out! Cause if you think you can come in here. Disrespect the workers, not order a damn thing and stick around? Your out of touch with reality.” She got out of the chair and raised her eye brow at Sitkanis.

”Choice is your Sitkanis, but your wearing out your welcome.” Her blood was pumping adrenaline threw her veins and she felt nervous and angry all at the same time.
Lena Estelain
Made Of Dirt And Stones"

Character sheet

Postby Sitkanis on September 25th, 2011, 11:06 pm

Sitkanis glared at the girl when she talked back to him. "Sorry I don't size up to the myths sweetie. Not all of us enjoy being beautiful." He hated that people talked about him. He wasn't some creature for people who gaze upon. In reality, he sort of was. Ethaefal were rare creatures and it was natural for others to stare. He did not want them to though. "And I'm not looking for petching friends so you can take your hospitality somewhere else." He surely didn't want to be friends with some serving girl at the Stranger's Welcome. She was too young to sleep with, nor did he have the inclination to do so.

"Is there a law that says I need to order things? If you need the money I'll tip you but as far as I know, your job is to serve and be pleasant about it, regardless of how the customer acts." His lilac eyes looked up at the girl nonchalantly as he spoke. "You are not very pleasant so I don't think I should tip you."

A dark smile found it's way to his lips. "Tell you what… I'll buy you something. Then can I stay?" He was not sure why he even wanted to stay. Perhaps because he was stubborn. Either way, he would not let the woman win. Not Lena, not any woman.
We'll rock till dawn
Well then I'm movin' on
-Brandon Saller
Sitkanis
Gimme My Nightlife

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Lena Estelain on October 9th, 2011, 9:29 am

She could feel her blood boiling. The arrogance made her want to tear out his throat and the ignorance, his balls. In fact she would of loved nothing more than to break off those pretty little horns of his and send him back to the docks. Let the Vantha deal with the pissy attitude.

When he stopped making a complete ass of himself. She sat staring at him. With a calm expression. She couldn't stomach his idiotic male mentality any longer but if she spoke she hit him with a bar stool. After a pause she smiled slowly.

”Your in Denval, sit. Our hospitality is all you petching get. You obey our rules or you leave. And with Winter coming, you better decide soon before the waters freeze. But where ever you go. You wore you welcome out here. So you can take yourself out. Like a good boy, or we can settle this with blows. And unless I'm mistaken, insecure horned little shiny fucks bleed like everyone else.” She looked around the room and scoffed.

”And unless you can take on the whole bar. I don't think you have a petching chance. Her smile grew wide as she got up. ”We Denvali stick together.” Their was a fire in her eyes as she glared at Sitkanis. Ready to split his lip if he tried anything. Years of working on the farm made her anything but dainty. And if he thought all she had was a curvy body. He was in for a surprise.
Lena Estelain
Made Of Dirt And Stones"

Character sheet