Tying up loose ends

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Tying up loose ends

Postby Rista on October 18th, 2011, 2:48 pm

This is a difficult topic to go in on, especially since it's still so new. Many might not even have heard of it yet, but even so...

Mike is gone from Mizahar, and with that there are some giant holes left in the lives of many characters, not to mention for many of us personally. In so many ways he has played a major part here, and in this abrupt way, many of us have been left hanging. Many have characters that are deeply involved with his, or might have had plans in the making that affects us.

Ugh, it feels like I'm holding a funeral speech or something, which couldn't be further from the truth. I just feel like I have to ask what I'm sure many of us are thinking.

What do we do now? How do we explain the absence of the characters that we were involved with?

Abashai, Vanator, Kovac, Dhatzu.

Is there a way to agree on why they disappeared, so that there won't be a version for each PC that was played against these amazing characters? In my mind it would feel disrespectful to just leave them hanging, so...

Suggestions, comments, anyone? I don't have any answers.

Rista
Black-Eyes

Words: 505199
Joined roleplay: July 13th, 2011, 4:15 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Artist (1)

Tying up loose ends

Postby Bolden Denusk on October 18th, 2011, 3:13 pm

I don't care if the pc's are gone. I care that Mike the friend is gone. That's all I can say about it.
Bolden Denusk
Cursed

Words: 196002
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2011, 7:37 pm
Blog: View Blog (6)
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Tying up loose ends

Postby Rista on October 18th, 2011, 3:51 pm

Don't think I don't care. I do. I can't express in words what he means to me, or how this loss affects me. You can think me inappropriate or distasteful for bringing up a topic like this if you want. It's okay, I completely understand you.

But I made a promise. And because of that promise I'm going to move forward and do my best. It's all I can do.

This is my attempt to accept and move on, even though I realize it might just be a bad idea.
Rista
Black-Eyes

Words: 505199
Joined roleplay: July 13th, 2011, 4:15 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Artist (1)

Tying up loose ends

Postby Aidara on October 18th, 2011, 4:34 pm

I know you're upset, Lisa. A lot of us are. Try not to think of it as losing a friend. He's still your friend. He still cares. There is just stuff that has to be taken care of. That doesn't make the friendship that you shared void :)

I don't think she meant anything by posting this thread. We're going to have to deal with Mike leaving IC and OOC both. For those of us that had a relationship with him in character as well as out of character, it is going to be twice as difficult.

Part of everyone is their PC. I don't care what race or personality your character has or how often you have to deny that they are in any way shape or form like you, I personally think it is impossible to write as a character without putting some of yourself into it. But that's not the point.

The Characters that Mike played were Mike as well. He even wrote a scrap about how each one tied to him personally. Rista's question is valid, this being a writing website that is prided on it's consistency and logical timelines, if a little too soon. The subject obviously tore at you a little bit, Lisa, and you can't be blamed for that either.

But the fact remains that those of us that were involved with Mike IC and OOC need to deal with both losses. Losing Mike the person is much harder than Mike the PC's, and I will miss him more than I can put into words... but both Mikes had to leave us for a time, neither of which can be ignored forever.

And this might be me with my fingers crossed that he will be back, but I am going to do what I always do in situations like this and try not to touch on the subject IC. Don't write off his PC's in a way that will screw him over if he does come back.

Maybe Rista doesn't see Kovac anymore because Kovac got really really busy and Rista also got apprenticed to another master and she had to make the hard decision between them.

I know for Addy, Kovac and her are going to get into a big fight and avoid each other. Problem solved. If Mike comes back, the PC's can make up. Until then, there is no question as to why they aren't interacting.

It was Mike's choice not to write his PC's off or kill them. So neither do we. If you want me to help you come up with more ideas, Rista, as to how to make this happen smoothly so that you can move on easier IC, then just send me a PM :)
Aidara
The "i" is silent

Words: 946840
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2010, 5:20 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 10
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
Power Fork (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Tying up loose ends

Postby Cheshire on October 18th, 2011, 5:04 pm

I had no idea Mike left the site! When did this happen? D: I don't have much to add to how everyone is going to plan around his departure but I did want to post and voice that I am really going to miss him </3
Avanthal Lore | Vantha | Avanthal | Morwen
~-----------------------------------------------~
When I was just a kitten,
They said I'd be a gem.
But now that I'm a Cheshire Cat,
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire
Twenty Seconds of Insane Courage

Words: 336788
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2010, 9:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Power Fork (2)