Siofra's Scrapbook - Tales of the Winter

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Siofra on October 18th, 2011, 6:37 pm

Welcome!!!

This is the Scrapbook of me, Siofra! Here I'll put random miscellaneous things of interest to me (most likely Narnia related if it has my player character's avatar in it) and I'll write random things that take my fancy if my fancy should be taken.

Once again: Welcome!

First order of business: Why did I choose Tilda Swinton?

Reply: I watched Chronicles of Narnia, the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, a few days ago with one of my friends. I chose Tilda because in that movie, she looks like Winter and she became exactly what I needed for a Leth Ethaefal. Her eye colour is a little off but that's fine. I don't mind it and I'll get around to editing sometime soon hopefully when real life slows down.
Last edited by Siofra on October 24th, 2011, 5:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We're part of a story, part of a tale
We're all on this journey
No one is to stay
Where ever it's going
What is the way?

OOCIt is now December, officially Winter in the Mizaharian calender. Siofra is no longer available to thread with for anyone after the end of Fall.
Siofra
Help me... I'm afraid...

Words: 48776
Joined roleplay: October 17th, 2011, 4:59 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Siofra on October 18th, 2011, 7:10 pm

Second Order of Business: I chose Maggie Q because I wanted to, and no one else was using her as far as I could tell. I think she's cool, and she actually looks like a woman in which Siofra lacks that during the evening. I do plan on making Siofra a Dhani but I want her to be ambiguous until she makes some form of a friend one day (she may end up with enemies rather than friends).

I chose the song "World of Make Believe" by Within Temptation to describe what Siofra is.

World of Make Believe

On golden wings
She flies at night
With her dress
It's blinding white
Countless diamonds
And her long blonde hair
The queen is coming
So you better be aware
Her plums and flowers
They're never the same
Blue and silver
It's all her game
Flying dragons
And enchanted woods
She decides, she creates
It's her reality

In her world of dreams and make believe
She reigns forever
With all her glory

Unicorns appear in her sight
The fireflies lead her trough these woods at night
In search of the legendary amulet
And it's secret
In the big oak there is a door
Which will lead her
To the wizard shore
And she'll ask him
For the wind to sail her home
To the world where she belongs

She reigns forever
With all her glory
In this world of endless fantasy
She makes it happen
It's her reality

She reigns forever
With all her glory
In this world of endless fantasy
She makes it happen
It's her reality
No one is to stay
Where ever it's going
What is the way?

OOCIt is now December, officially Winter in the Mizaharian calender. Siofra is no longer available to thread with for anyone after the end of Fall.
Siofra
Help me... I'm afraid...

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Siofra on October 18th, 2011, 8:27 pm

And! Before I go for the day! Here's a little somethin' somethin' for you all!

This is the image I plan to use for my Kelvic should I create her. Right now I'm doing a Zith and have NO IDEA how to edit an image online to make one.

So she's on hold for the time being.

My Kelvic's human bod will be:

... I should find a way to edit her eyes and hair.

Anyway goodnight!
No one is to stay
Where ever it's going
What is the way?

Siofra
Help me... I'm afraid...

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Siofra on October 21st, 2011, 4:51 pm

I decided to go with making a Vantha for now. Her name is Amaya Whitevine and she will hopefully do well in Avanthal.

Hopefully.

=)
No one is to stay
Where ever it's going
What is the way?

Siofra
Help me... I'm afraid...

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Siofra on October 21st, 2011, 4:57 pm

MEET NERO SHRIMP!

MEET FRISKY BISCUITS!!!

Last edited by Siofra on October 21st, 2011, 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No one is to stay
Where ever it's going
What is the way?

Siofra
Help me... I'm afraid...

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Siofra on October 21st, 2011, 5:14 pm

Aside from an odd question via PM (we cleared it up) and a few mistakes on my part, I find Mizahar to be a very friendly place. 0^0 I quite like it here and I hope to make a cute little winter bungalow once the cold rolls in.

The Founders in the Help Desk are very nice, very quick to reply, and the people on Chat are so friendly and inviting. It's fun to watch the dynamic as they chatter at eachother and continue multiple conversations. No one's too busy to answer questions or direct people to the right places.

I enjoy it. Reading it, writing it, plotting it.

It's fun.

=)
No one is to stay
Where ever it's going
What is the way?

Siofra
Help me... I'm afraid...

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Amaya Whitevine on October 24th, 2011, 5:17 pm

I have a story about my day when I left on Friday. =)

It's not epic or romantic, and it's probably not funny in the least, but for me it was a good day. Very good when I remember exactly what happened and realize just how material I am.

It starts after I logged off Mizahar, picked my backpack with my disabled laptop off the desk (it's now missing four keys and STILL doesn't connect to any form of WiFi I locate) and head to catch the bus to go to the mall. My duty: to protect the world from devestation... and to buy my brother a new cellphone because he mysteriously broke his two nights previously. He says Passi must have knocked it off the table onto the 10lb barbell and it spiderwebbed into a beautiful ghost-shaped figure. I'm serious. Got a picture of the thing on my newly created photobucket account (something I did on Friday to make my mood so damn awesome =) ).

My brother has a hissy fit because my mum wants to take the phone back to work so she can activate it and get him a 30$ credit on it. He spazzes. I spend 170.something on his phone and he's bent on making a hell of a ruckus to show he's pissed that our mutual mother needs to actually activate the thing. I go to pay off my 128$ phonebill, expecting him to follow me, and he goes running off to mum saying I'm leaving him in the mall when he needs to be accompanied by an adult due to idiotically trying to steal from the dollarama. Funny story, by the way.

I digress.

So, I go back to where I last saw him with my phone all happily clear of overdue expenses to find my darling little brother gone. Get a call from my mom. She lays into me. I try and not tell her to share this with my brother because his attitude is not my fault and he should be damn happy with that wonderful little android I spent my hard-earned cash on. I think she read my mind because she begins speaking at a normal tone and says she has to come down and get a new SIM card because the one in the phone isn't working. We speculate my little brother is going to have a second hissy fit and sign off.

I return to the Virgin kiosk where I originally bought the phone, browse there, my brother and mom approaches and the phone issue is fixed at no cost. I add another xx.xx$ to my brother's bill because I paid for his brand new pre-paid plan.

He seems particularly happy now. Sadly, his phone is still being a douche and he gets all "old-man" over it, but that's another story.

Now, I go upstairs to the foodcourt, buy us all supper, and we go to HMV (look at me name dropping here). In HMV I find myself eye-balling the current trilogy for the Inheritance Cycle. I find out the fourth and final book is coming out on the 6th or so of November (OMFG I text my friend). I purchase the trilogy, Armaggedon (movie with Liv Tyler and such), and that remake of Mario for the N64 for my 3DS. Awesomeness. Also there I go searching for CDs so I can rip them and sync to my MP3. What do I find? Faber Drive. Bought. And Muse.

Muse, muse, muse.

Thank you Sawyer.

See, originally I thought low of Muse because Stephanie Meyer had a way of crediting them for themes in Twilight. I believed Muse was a girl band, or at least one of those horrible boy bands we all knew in the 90's and early 2000's. Sawyer changed this for me. As one of my highschool friends, Sawyer and I have a knack of talking about the wierdest things and texting at random times. One day she was giving me a ride home from a friend's (the same friend mentioned above) and playing in her CD player was this alluring band I've never heard in my life. I asked her about who it was and with the oddest look she said "Muse, of course". My mind was officially blown. Here was the band I thought was totally stupid because nothing good could have brought along the birth of Twilight (sorry, Mizaharian Twihards) but then I remembered that she also credited Linkin Park and I adore Linkin Park. I accept at that moment that not all music is bad even if bad things come out of it and become a fan of Muse at that moment. Three. Months. Ago.

So, Friday I'm standing in HMV holding the two CDs thay have in stock (Absolution and Showbiz) and I buy them with Faber Drive. My day has improved considerably. Also bought: a pair of purple Skull Candy headphones. OMGOMGOMG. I like me some nice, dark purple.

After HMV my mum, my brother, and I head down to Shopperz. I go to the book section and find the first book to this series I began buying out when I first saw it months ago. hush, hush it's called. It's about a fallen angel and a human girl who meet, argue, flirt, fall in love, and get really close to steaminess. It's like Twilight, my other brother once told me. He has read Twilight, not for a girl but for school when he lived in Pittsfield for a year. Very interesting stuff. I resented his view that Twilight and hush, hush were anything alike and decided he couldn't read hush, hush at the time.

back to Shopperz. So, I'm holding hush, hush and remembering when I read Crescendo, the second in the series. I begin wondering when it is that the third will come out as I put the book back... and that's when I see it.

Silence.

The third (and apparently final) book that began with hush, hush.

I buy it.

My day can't get any better.

I have that trilogy, the Inheritance Cycle will soon be mine, and several of Kelley Armstrong's Underworld books. Life is beautiful indeed. =)

Now, I'll be writing posts, my Zith that I planned out before Amaya, and reading my Silence... or Eragon.
Amaya Whitevine
What's life without laughter?

Words: 7825
Joined roleplay: October 19th, 2011, 9:06 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Siofra on October 24th, 2011, 9:02 pm

I have just created a character named Lark. Lark Tynan, to be exact. Her CS and Concept will be based off of different Muse songs including Endlessly, Stockholm Syndrome and Uno. There'll be many. This is just so far.

=)

Cheesy, yes.

Oh well!
No one is to stay
Where ever it's going
What is the way?

Siofra
Help me... I'm afraid...

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Siofra on October 28th, 2011, 4:24 pm

Resentment... And My Own Stupidity

Cuz' I got a lot of both

This post is hereby declared a combonation of satirical humour and anger. /: In short, this post is all about how much I utterly fail at being smart and unique. I'm too much like other people it seems and that irks me enough to be resentful. I'm an idiot because I've missed a few days in one class and didn't get the memo about how the midterm for that class isn't today.

First off, my resentment. This is a "omg, i pity myself" kind of thing, which nauseates me under most circumstances (as I can't stand pity) and so I'll try and make this go as quick and painlessly as humanly possible.

I am not who you think I am. It irks me that you think I'm someone I'm not. I resent that belief and I resent myself for allowing it to exist. I. Am. Not. Her. This stresses me, this worries me, and this annoys me. I'm stressed, worried, and annoyed enough without putting anything else into the metaphorical witch's brew. .-. I have my own identity and until I came here I was under the impression that I have my own unique style of writing and my own personality. I resent her for giving you all that grief and for harrassing you like she did. Just please, stop doubting me. I mean it when I say I will regret this all one day.

And now, for my idiocy.

Well, as I told someone recently I go in an out of the hospital for certain visits every so often. I miss weekends I can be spending with friends and family and I miss school/work on the weekdays. I've missed several classes this week and believed that today I had a midterm in my indig class. /: Turns out, I was mistaken.

OMG.

I went to bed at 2:30 because I couldn't sleep. I woke up at 7:30, had to go for the bus by 8:30 to get to school by 9:30 so I can write my midterm.

I failed at this.

I woke up at 8:00. I chased my brother out of the house at 8:20 and speed walked for the bus. Missed it by a half-block. Went home. Ate breakfast. Went out to catch the next bus. Realized I forgot my buspass. Ran home and found the offending piece of plastic and speed walked to the bus stop gasping like a fish on land. Missed my bus BY TEN DAMN SECONDS.

Got to school at 9:40 after texting my professor twice to let him know I'd be late and to ask if I could still write. Didn't get a reply FOR GOOD REASON.

Turns out, this past wednesday he CANCELLED the class' midterm for today and I went through all of this for nothing! Well... I went through all of this to learn a moral or two! OMG. Panic attack turned into a hand-desk combo for my face. I got on Miz pretty damn early though, so there's that,.

BUT REALLY.

NOW WHAT?!

Thank you. =)
No one is to stay
Where ever it's going
What is the way?

Siofra
Help me... I'm afraid...

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Goshawk on October 31st, 2011, 10:43 pm

Okay, I seriously should be leaving and doing this tomorrow, but I wanna get it done and over with!

Date Starting Word Total Day's End Total Words Written Total Word Goal Goal Met?
11/01 1667 Y/N
11/02 3333 Y/N
11/03 5000 Y/N
11/04 6667 Y/N
11/05 8333 Y/N
11/06 10000 Y/N
11/07 11667 Y/N
11/08 13333 Y/N
11/09 15000 Y/N
11/10 16667 Y/N
11/11 18333 Y/N
11/12 20000 Y/N
11/13 21667 Y/N
11/14 23333 Y/N
11/15 25000 Y/N
11/16 26667 Y/N
11/17 28333 Y/N
11/18 30000 Y/N
11/19 31667 Y/N
11/20 33333 Y/N
11/21 35000 Y/N
11/22 36667 Y/N
11/23 38333 Y/N
11/24 40000 Y/N
11/25 41667 Y/N
11/26 43333 Y/N
11/27 45000 Y/N
11/28 46667 Y/N
11/29 48333 Y/N
11/30 50000 Y/N

Thank you for Goss in the NaNo forum. =) I love the colour.
Goshawk
I feel.

Words: 14745
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 7:25 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Next