Siofra's Scrapbook - Tales of the Winter

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Siofra on November 4th, 2011, 8:01 pm

I swear to god, I have preened my feathers ten times today.

Yes. You read that right.

I've been preening.

I am perfectly entitled to preen since Goshawk is 1/4 Inarta. So NYA you pretentious red-heads in your stuck-up volcano with your too cool massive feather-butt eagles. I get to preen too!

-Is preening-

Now, you may all wonder why I have been preening my purdy little feathers. It is because I have been getting complimented and flattered shamelessly for the past few days. I swear, my feathers will fall off if you guys don't stop (I like flattery. Keep going. If we are lucky I can be all plucked and perfect for Christmas time.). I've been complimented on Goshawk overall, as for some strange reason people like her CS and her goals for NaNoWriMo. If I keep to being honest, World Domination was also a goal but I doubted I could get to it within a month of time.

I can try though. =)

Some person today also flattered me shamelessly in order to have a thread with me. I swooned. Put this person on my shiny new Favorite People List and drew little sparkly hearts around his/her name (as far as I was told he is played by a girl).

Mizahar, like I said, is very fun. My list now has probably five people on it. Open spaces for the however many thousand people play on Mizahar exist. Just gotta find them. ;D

I am preening even more furiously because I was told my Scrappie was funny. Needless to say, the person who told me ended up with a gold-plated little star next to her name. I have more little stars. The first person who reaches ten gets a Platinum star!

-cheers for platinum stars-

Hey, everyone. Guess what? I been a bad girl. ;D I only have half an hour to study for my Psychology midterm.

Time for my run-around-like-a-chicken-with-her-head-chopped-off moment?

Oh yes.
We're part of a story, part of a tale
We're all on this journey
No one is to stay
Where ever it's going
What is the way?

OOCIt is now December, officially Winter in the Mizaharian calender. Siofra is no longer available to thread with for anyone after the end of Fall.
Siofra
Help me... I'm afraid...

Words: 48776
Joined roleplay: October 17th, 2011, 4:59 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Siofra on November 4th, 2011, 8:55 pm

Another I'm a Doofus Moment

I am a doofus. Wanna know why? because I was too distracted by the Yaoi speech on Chat here to keep track of the time. I didn't study. I didn't do anything. I preened. While preening is all good and fun and people can get envious of super sweet glossy feathers, it isn't as awesome as succeeding in getting my first class towards a Psychology major.

I emailed my professor. =) I BSed her shamelessly and lamented on how I missed my class. Shame on me, I know, but I really want these three credits and that purdy little Psych major.

My morals can only extend so far.

And, for you people on chat...

STOP BEING SO DAMN INTERESTING!

=P

Siofra out.
No one is to stay
Where ever it's going
What is the way?

OOCIt is now December, officially Winter in the Mizaharian calender. Siofra is no longer available to thread with for anyone after the end of Fall.
Siofra
Help me... I'm afraid...

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Aran'Skia on November 4th, 2011, 9:10 pm

Pashka Apparently Means "Crap"

Nuh-uh. I see that expression on your face. That look of horror, that playful smirk. As endearing as you undoubtly are, I am dead serious.

Look.

My Cereal face.

O-O

I was just informed of this by some Finnish dude in chat. Talen. =) Special props fo to Talen.

Now, I see that you are still somewhat mystified/amused. Go ahead! Laugh!

My character's name means crap.

Get over it! =P

I can do a lot of things with a character with that specific name that would entitle her to be called a "s***-head". ;D Wanna be a victim of a Symenestra-Chaktawe attack? KEEP LAUGHING!

I know I will~
Aran'Skia
Saving your life might end mine.

Words: 6545
Joined roleplay: November 2nd, 2011, 9:17 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Aran'Skia on November 4th, 2011, 9:11 pm

Correction: Some dude named Talen who knows the Finnish word for crap.
Aran'Skia

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Siofra on November 4th, 2011, 9:23 pm

I has a secret for you all that Siofra may not know.

I am thinking of letting another, rather gorgeous Ethaefal kill her. I am thinking of allowing her to become Forsaken. I am thinking of allowing her to kill herself.

It all depends on this one dream Siofra is having.

The reason for the dream is to decide the course of Siofra's fate. It will determine whether she becomes insane or whether she starts upon the road to compassion. She is currently a neutral-chaotic character and, as such, has no particular qualms about killing or helping people unless it would bore her to do so.

Laszlo thinks she's insane.

I have to agree. Siofra has a fear of water. She fears sleeping. In her CS I said that she doesn't sleep. I created a Flashback thread recently that should subtly show WHY she refuses to do so.

Here's an easier version to understand: Siofra is terrified of the black ocean within her subconscious. She equates sleeping to swimming and dreaming to drowing. She feels that if she sleeps she will die. She is afraid of dying and yet would rather believe she is ready for death.

Siofra can come off as either extremely compassionate or completely cold and ruthless. When she wants something, she will pursue it ceaselessly. She is fickle and she is paranoid. She doesn't trust easily and yet, deep inside, she yearns for it. She wishes for friends and she longs for companionship.

This is why I have decided to allow her to persue Laszlo when I know fully that he might kill her for being insane.

Siofra would kill to get Laszlo once she knows she has full reign to pursue him. The allure of him is this: He is the only other Ethaefal that she has ever met. He IS what she lost when she woke drowning in the Bay near Denval. He is that one slim chance she has to find a place to be glad and free in the world.

Siofra, however, is not the kind of person who sees deeply.

I think she is doomed to die. It all depends now on where her dream takes her.
No one is to stay
Where ever it's going
What is the way?

Siofra
Help me... I'm afraid...

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Goshawk on November 7th, 2011, 9:55 pm

Another I'm in a Bad Mood Post

Seriously now. I seem to spend my moods here fluctuating wildly between happy and upset. Aggravated and exhilerated. It's like I two minds and both of them are hell-bent on confusing me as much as possible.

YET!

Keeping to my varied emotional responses, I have decided to make this post about two different things. One will be my frustration, which sometimes I make as obvious as I can, and one will be a happy-ish kind of thing.

Good news or bad news first?

Well, I guess this is a good-feeling or bad-feeling first? kind of thing.

If you want to read bad first, I suggest you skip over this part and read it later. I'll make it easy for ya too. ;P If you want to read the good first, then go nutters!

This is the Good.

I am able to write my midterm tomorrow for Psychology. =P How badass and awesome is that? Now that I am going to study my poor miserable mind right out of my head I am feeling kind of "doom and gloom". Oh well. As long as I try for something higher than a 60 (my last mark), I'll be somewhat okay. I jsut gotta make sure I end up with over 65 marks to pass this class.

Now, for the bad.

BadTold you I'd make it easy.

I am particularly upset about an open-ish thread I've had going for a while. I was told, and reassured, that it would be replied to since last week. Now, I know some people here are as patient as a herbalist is for her flowers to grow, but I most certainly am not. I can wait only for so long before I just give up on a reply and make my own, closing the thread I have to anyone else but myself, and create something that shows just how twisted my character is.

See, I kind of DON'T want Siofra to die.

I am totally psyched for her to go, but yet she was my first PC here and I have an attachment to her... X_X

So, while I do have an idea of how poor Siofra will die, since she is a lonely, secretly miserable and undoubtly insane girl, I also want her to have a reason to exist. A reason to continue living.

I would love to end her life on some poetic day, like the first of spring so she can die the very day she was born. Yet I highly doubt I'd stand to continue writing such a friendless, somewhat cold and blank character for so long. Like, it's only Fall!!! How the hell am I going to last 92 days writing mainly solos? O_o

This is why I am opening my PMs for anyone to apply for my character to head to your location. See, I am not going to allow her to die the way I want her to die if the person i would love to have kill her won't...

Well, I better shut up before I end up pissing him off again. =P

Anyway, yeah.

I'd rather not end up in Syliras or anything (Siofra is dead terrified of wwater), but I wouldn't mind going to Lhavit or Denval. Denval would be the perfect place for Siofra to drown, eh? If you've read her dreams you'll know that she is terrified of water.

So, note-to-self** try and avoid leaving open threads for these three writers and their PCs unless they've given you their word to reply, because now I kind of resent them (one promised to reply, didn't end up replying, and another kind of... mused upon it, went the same way as the other guy, and the third is just too busy so I didn't get my hopes up for him.)

Still, I'll write with them if they invite me to. I just... will try and avoid them.

If Alvadas will let me.

And that is the end of my good and bad rant, mixed with a little bit of character revelation.

See? Told you I'm in a spotty mood.
Goshawk
I feel.

Words: 14745
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 7:25 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Goshawk on November 7th, 2011, 9:59 pm

IF SIOFRA GETS ILLUSIONISM

i won't kill her
Goshawk
I feel.

Words: 14745
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 7:25 pm
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Aran'Skia on November 7th, 2011, 10:13 pm

For a week I have decided to abandon Siofra. I'll be online as Goshawk, Pashka, Screech, and Amaya a whole lot more. Still considering my next step with Siofra and whether or not keeping her around is good for my sanity, since believe me, she and I are very, very different peoples.
Aran'Skia

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Siofra on November 7th, 2011, 10:14 pm

And if I come back as her before that, I apologize for lying to you!
No one is to stay
Where ever it's going
What is the way?

Siofra
Help me... I'm afraid...

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Talen Stirling on November 7th, 2011, 10:22 pm

So, a few things to say o.o

1. Come to Denval, really, do it do it do it. We have hearthealers in the temple of Nikali, and physical healers in our loveable manwhore/healer Cian Noc. Surely, the combination of such and the loveliness that is Denval and it's inhabitants will make a great place to live... Or die.

2. I am NOT finnish. But you corrected, that, and I appreciate it. And you made me laugh, again. So props to you!

3. A possibly endearing smile. Or maybe just horrified.

4. Hang in there with the patience bit. I think everyone has that, and I for one am a perpetrator on both parts. There are threads I can't wait for to continue, and threads I delay by days and weeks because of my tardiness. Not everyone posts at the same rate, and the others are people as well. Getting mad about it is no use, being patient is just a method of dealing with it.

5. Have fun, and keep scrapping ;3

P.S. I think they spell it Paska so you're okay...
Talen Stirling
"What the petch...!?"

Words: 173032
Joined roleplay: May 30th, 2011, 11:07 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext