Acquiring items in flashback threads

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Carsten on October 21st, 2011, 9:27 pm

I'm gonna create a hypothetical scenario here:

John is a character on Mizahar. He is in Fall 511 in Syliras, but he makes a Flashback thread in Sunbert. The thread is Timestamped Summer 509, and in this flashback thread he acquires a new and fancy sword. Would John be allowed to use this sword in a new thread in Fall 511?

If you didn't understand that, I can try to rephrase: Will I be able to use an item I acquired in a flashback thread in a up-to-date thread?
Carsten
The duelist

Words: 61370
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 8:03 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Vick on October 23rd, 2011, 12:09 am

Yes

Once you buy it or get it via "quest" and a mod signs off the thread to grade it then you can use the item if you would have kept it.
Credit goes to Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Vick
Master Maledictor

Words: 355163
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2010, 11:44 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1)

Postby Mazirion on November 3rd, 2011, 10:27 pm

Also, I'm the one selling him this hypothetical object - do I get the money?
"The heavens are a black abyss, and the divine can have them."
Mazirion
Some seek to control. I seek to learn.

Words: 11430
Joined roleplay: October 20th, 2011, 8:11 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Antar on November 3rd, 2011, 11:38 pm

If you spend the money on the materials(IE- paid __ mizas for ___ lbs of ___ (steel iron, isurian steel etc) and spent the thread time to make it (by that I mean a completed flashback thread b4 you did the one with Carstens) , I don't see why not, just deduct the materials cost, and the amount of materials used first.

However, there is one caveat you two have not considered : Contacting the DS and AS of the region who will grade it in first for a list of what points they'd want to see in such a thread to justify the item being gained for a final approval :).

Ntm the specs/ materials of the final finished product that the grading mod will have to be aware of you wanting to keep it.
"I am the Shadow and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost that hides in the night."
~Back, but slow. :)
Antar
"A thousand voices screaming in unison..."

Words: 902531
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2011, 3:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)