[ Naama's Bar&Grill ] and other things too.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Naama on October 28th, 2011, 5:59 am

Hello everyone, I think it was time for me to make a new scrapbook, my old one was extremely long and old and full of ugly gray names, so I'll start fresh and new. Oh my I'm so excited.

Anyhow, I think I'll start this off by trying to entice GP in here with the promise of yummy journeymen pictures, here is one of them.

Ooo la la. :

For anyone who takes some time out of their life to post in here I appreciate pictures of cute bat rays and kittens! <3

As for my absence, I'm sorry it was quite abrupt (Dani, really sorry lol), but I was overwhelmed by school and drama in the family and I was going to leave to Puerto Rico anyway, so there was no point in staying until I was stable again. But now I'm back, ready to torment people with ugly artsies and trying to get GP to give me the GP Angel's medal on Naama. :( (Please please pleaseeee!)

Anywayyyy, bomb's away! (At some point I will make this first post prettyfied but for the moment my Photoshop is trapped in my broken external harddrive. :(( )
Naama
Chunki Faguta

Words: 130159
Joined roleplay: February 13th, 2011, 2:53 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Artist (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Ulric on October 28th, 2011, 11:18 pm

Pao, when I heard you started a new scrapbook, I wanted to get you something super nice.

The super nice thing :

What says caring more than a horny beast about to gore a dude? Apart from, you know, sticking ketchup packets in your socks.
Ulric
The Warrior-Poet

Words: 629666
Joined roleplay: May 20th, 2010, 5:51 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Donor (1)

Postby Naama on October 29th, 2011, 11:24 pm

Is it bad to wonder if what you're striving for is not what you want to do for the rest of your life?

Maybe I was meant to be a field agent out in the deserts of California catching aliens and sending them back to Mexico or Cuba or something. Maybe I was meant to work with animals instead. Maybe I just wasn't meant for art, or anything related to it. Sometimes I look at my drawings and think "this is a pretty bomb hobby" but is it my career?

It's really starting to worry me since I'm so close to graduating, but I tend to feel better when I look at a company and say, "That's my dream goal, to work for them." For example, BioWare. I think, it'd be awesome to have my name in the credits, to help make an awesome game. But listening to my instructors they keep saying it's going to be really hard, but isn't everything?

I could always fall back on Border Patrol if I fail at finding this dream job, but doing Horse Patrol for the rest of my life doesn't sound appealing either.

Not to mention I've been getting pretty horrible headaches lately and I'm sure my stress is through the roof. I miss being a child again when all the extent of my worries were if I was going to miss my favorite cartoon.

Btw, yes Ulric, that is a rather fabulous horn.
Naama
Chunki Faguta

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Aidara on October 29th, 2011, 11:33 pm

Pao.

The hardest thing that I had to realize for myself was that I cannot live my life based on what others are doing. I'm 24 and I am still in college. Most of my friends have already graduated and are in "real jobs" that consist of more than stocking shelves at Game Stop. However, that doesn't mean a damn thing if I hurry hurry to finish school and don't learn what I need too, ie it's perfectly acceptable that I have taken this long. It's my pace, so it doesn't matter what other people are doing.

As for finding your dream job... It's called a dream job for a reason. You didn't refer to it as finding "the easiest job" or "the first job" or "a meh job". Dream job. Very rarely do dream jobs happen right after college. Those lucky bastards who do get right into their DREAM job right away can gloat all they want but it's not as common as you might think.

You may have to "slum" it in your less-than-dream job for X amount of years until you hit that break. But Pao, if you keep trying and fighting, you will hit your break. Bioware might not come right away. I haven't looked into your field so I don't know this as well as you do, but experience can never hurt. Apply. If you get turned down...get more experience, intern, take more classes so that you're on the up-up with all the technology and techniques and then apply again. And again. And again.

If it's your DREAM job, then it's totally worth the work. If the thought of playing around in not-as-awesome jobs while you work towards your goal doesn't sound appealing at all, then maybe you have a decision to make. If you simply can't imagine yourself in any other situation than having an awesome job right out of college, then you need to change your major to something where it is easy to attain that awesome job ASAP.

Take tylenol.

I know you well enough to know that you are passionate, even if like me your stress gets in the way. Just keep your head up, seriously, because if you do that everything is possible.
Aidara
The "i" is silent

Words: 946840
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2010, 5:20 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 10
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
Power Fork (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Naama on October 30th, 2011, 12:23 am

I appreciate this Jules. I do want this job, there's no doubt about it. I will work toward it as far as I can take it. And if anything I can work freelance, send my shit in to companies hope for some low job that I can work for whatever many years and just slowly raise it to the top if I have to. It just feels like it's unfair for those of us who came after the initial bloom of this industry who have to work so much more harder to get into it.

It also annoys me that these companies who have meetings with students at my school make it at a fucking 21 and over bar. I'm 20, fuck life.
Naama
Chunki Faguta

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Aidara on October 30th, 2011, 12:36 am

Yeah. That is a bit ridiculous. It might be that they aren't allowed to say "Only students with enough credits to be juniors and seniors please", so instead they make it so only those students can attend... I don't know. But it's stupid, I agree.
Aidara
The "i" is silent

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Naama on October 30th, 2011, 9:12 pm

I guess this is for the people that wanted to see a Leth Eth. So I drew one.

Oo lala :
Naama
Chunki Faguta

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Aidara on October 30th, 2011, 9:19 pm

You should draw me Asteria, my precious Draenei that I miss. :(
Aidara
The "i" is silent

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Naama on November 1st, 2011, 8:31 am

I lied, not posting nano chart here because apparently it's flawed. Woohoo!
Last edited by Naama on November 2nd, 2011, 9:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Naama
Chunki Faguta

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Naama on November 1st, 2011, 9:23 pm

Naama Prompts for NaNo:

-Write flashbacks about pre-pirate Naama in Taloba. Child and adult.
-Write a training flashback also in Taloba.
-Write about the Shadow Hand family since Gunto fell off the face of the earth, probably a thread about it.
-Finish Hawkins/Naama threads.
-Write more threads in Alvadas, if anyone would like to thread with me there, anyway.
-Maybe a dream thread, something really weird.
-Write a thread of Naama on her first pirate excursion.
-Flashback in sunberth? Maybe.

Will write more when I think about them.
Naama
Chunki Faguta

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)