Intelligence (Solo/Flashback)

Leiwinn learns the various arts of intelligence.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Intelligence (Solo/Flashback)

Postby Leiwinn on November 2nd, 2011, 1:41 am

Timestamp: Fall 28, 507 AV

"Leiwinn. You have learned well, I am now confident that you can handle any assignment I might give you at this point in time. But you are not ready to take on assignments by yourself. There are many things, many aspects of being an assassin, that until now I have handled for you. A crucial part of an assassin's job is gathering intelligence, observing their target and learning their habits so you may know when best to strike. Along with that comes awareness. Awareness of your immediate surroundings, of events in the city that might lend you the advantage, awareness of anything and everything that might help you accomplish your mission and keep you alive. This is what we will be working on until your next assignment."

Leiwinn and the father sat in a crowded bar with a name she did not know, not that Leiwinn knew the names of any of the places they went, and as usual the only reason she was out of the house was for training purposes. She also left when she had someone to kill, but other than that Leiwinn was never allowed outside the house.

"Today we are going to work on honing our five senses and, if you do well, a sixth. We'll start with the easiest, sight. When you enter a room or building you should always observe everyone inside. Pay close attention to weapons, people's moods, where the exits are, where the best place to position yourself in case of a fight, what is on the menu, anything and everything you can see. Now, Leiwinn, I want you to look around. Pay attention to all these things, and in a moment I will quiz you on them."

Leiwinn nodded and switched her attention to the rest of the room. There were a lot of people, it was a lot to take in. Leiwinn saw three men at a table drinking brown liquid. One of them clearly had a sword at his side, but Leiwinn couldn't see the other's. At another table a barmaid was serving a lone patron dinner and a drink. Another table two men were playing some sort of game involving dice. There was a group of three women in a corner of the room and another table of men nearby leering at the women.

Leiwinn searched for exits. She could see he front door easily. It looked heavy but it was the closest way out from their table. The Father wanted to know about all the exits though, so Leiwinn continued to search. She saw an obvious one, a window on the far wall, and another that was equally obvious, a door behind the bar. But Leiwinn couldn't be sure that the door actually led out, only that in led to another room. All in all she spotted two exits, and one possible exit. She could only see one man that was armed. Oh, and the bartender was at the bar pouring drinks.

"Okay, I think I'm ready."

Word Count506
Last edited by Leiwinn on November 2nd, 2011, 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leiwinn
Player

Words: 74230
Joined roleplay: October 5th, 2010, 1:47 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet

Intelligence

Postby Leiwinn on November 2nd, 2011, 1:44 am

"Good. Now close your eyes."

Leiwinn did as she was told, closing her eyes and trying her best to remember everything that she had seen. She assumed the Father was going to test her memory, have her answer questions about the things she had seen, but less then a chime passed before she was asked to reopen her eyes.

"Okay, do you remember what you saw? Now.. what has changed?"

Leiwinn was caught off guard by the question but quickly responded by scanning the room again, following the same path with her eyes as she had before. The three men, one with a sword, were still where they had been before. As far as she could tell nothing had changed with them. The patron by himself was still there, the men leering at the women. Oh! She spotted it! Just a minor change, but it had to be what the Father was referring to because she noticed nothing else.

"The barmaid is serving someone different now!"

The Father nodded, "Good, good. What else?"

What else? Leiwinn scanned the room again. She couldn't see anything else different. "Um.. um.. the man the maid was serving before is eating now." Not what he was looking for. "Um.. um.." What was it? What was he wanting her to notice. "Um.. the.. the bartender is pouring a new drink."

The Father shook his head and tapped his fingers on the table. "Leiwinn, you are looking only at the big picture. You are missing something far more significant." He continued to tap his fingers, drawing Leiwinn's eyes to the table, where they suddenly widened in realization. The father had a hand crossbow pointed right at her!

"You see it now. Remember, be aware of your surroundings, but never take your eyes off what is right in front of you either. If this had been loaded I could have killed you. At this range I could even have used a dagger."

Word Count325
Leiwinn
Player

Words: 74230
Joined roleplay: October 5th, 2010, 1:47 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet