Business before Leisure (Auldwin, Erik, Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Buisness before Leisure (Auldwin, Erik, Open)

Postby Auldwin on October 21st, 2011, 12:25 am

"Ah, I like the names. Perhaps I shall stay for a bit longer upon your vessel after that. I do want to get out and see the world after all." which was not completely inaccurate. Auldwin had the concept down of 'walk straight until you reach something', but that was not the most efficient way of traveling. Instead he would need to take the time to learn where everything was in Mizahar. For that he needed to travel routes enough to begin to develop a sense of direction. The Svefra would be perfect for that, and if they picked up new passengers the Ghost would have an ample supply of Possess worthy bodies should he need them.

"Is something wrong?" Auldwin responded after watching the expression upon Erik's face beginning to turn. Being around the living for too long, especially when interacting with them was risking business. Those with a strong intuition began to feel the unnatural aura that Ghosts gave off more quickly than others. Others except for Spiritists after all. If either of the two were skilled as such, his identity would have probably already been discovered. He could tell that Erik was talking about Black Rock, but was unable to get much more from his conversation with Cassidy than that.

He needed to conclude his business and fast. Two weeks was quite some time to wake, but there was always the possibility he could get the Svefra out of the port sooner with some focused haunting. That sort of thing always made the living move in the most direct path away from the unnatural phenomena, a valuable tool of a Ghosts existence. "Well, I suppose I won't take up much more of your time. Any clue where you will be staying while you're here? Just so I can meet up with you and discuss anything else, such as payment and the like."
Auldwin
In this state I can find a purpose.

Words: 166853
Joined roleplay: October 1st, 2011, 11:48 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Medals: 1
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Buisness before Leisure (Auldwin, Erik, Open)

Postby Cassidy Undertow on October 22nd, 2011, 12:47 pm

Cassidy nodded to Erik, yes she'd heard it was haunted as well and her pod had never docked there for exactly that reason. "Blackrock is in the opposite direction of Alvadas. It's about fourteen days to sail there and back to Riverfall. And from Blackrock to Alvadas is about fortyfive days. That's cutting it real close, we need to get through the middle Suvan before winter hits. It could work as long as we were mostly through the Suvan by season's change." While she knew it was possible to make it was a gamble and she was still a little suspicious of this man. She shifted her gaze to look around the crowd again while she thought about the offer.

"Very well, we'll take you. I live on my ship and I'd imagine Erik won't be taking an inn either. We can be found there from the morning to midday." She smiled at the new odd passenger, he made her nervous but business was business.

Cassidy Undertow
Player

Words: 8031
Joined roleplay: October 3rd, 2011, 12:22 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet

Postby Auldwin on October 23rd, 2011, 1:58 am

"I see..." Auldwin replied, looking a bit disappointed. His dark eyes seemed to have absolutely no definition to them. When one attempted to look at them they simply seemed dark, as if shadows were constantly dancing downward from his brow obscuring any details. Finally with a shrug he mentioned, "...well I suppose that's not a terrible thing, better the chance to see new things..." he sounded as if he was going to continue with that train of thought, but his time had come to an end. A pained expression caused his face as he hunched over so very slightly. It only lasted a moment, after which he drew himself back up to his more proper posture.

That pain in his Soulmist meant that he was going to lose total cohesion soon, his Materialization was failing him. He cursed his own neglect of such a useful ability, instead his time had been spent on the more direct ways to physically interact with people and material things. Inside the realm of the ethereal, everything seemed so much like a dream. All these objects about him, all these people, but beyond his voice and a faded after image there was nothing to let them know he was even a part of their lives.

"Look at the time." he said, looking upward at the sky as if he was studying the position of the sun and other heavenly bodies, "I should be heading on my way. I'll be seeing you again though. Enjoy your time in Riverfall." After that, without so much as a hand gesture to wave goodbye, Auldwin turned and began to walk into the crowd. After a few individuals passed in front of his image, he simply seemed to disappear.
Auldwin
In this state I can find a purpose.

Words: 166853
Joined roleplay: October 1st, 2011, 11:48 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Medals: 1
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Erik Windsea on October 28th, 2011, 1:15 pm

Erik listened to the preceding, wondering exactly who their new passenger was. His worried look slowly dispersed as they agreed on going to Black Rock. Then Auldwin made his exit. Erik attempted to watch him go, yet despite his staring Auldwin seemed to just disappear into the crowd.

“Well…That was a bit strange don‘t you think? I‘m thinking our next voyage will be an interesting one don‘t you?”

He turned back to Cassidy a silly grin already forming. After listening to them talk Erik was quite bored, though still a bit on edge after all seeing Auldwin. He was also eager to have some fun.

“Now about drinking the town dry.”
Erik is speaking Common
Erik is speaking Fratava
Erik Windsea
Player

Words: 13950
Joined roleplay: October 4th, 2011, 10:53 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet

Postby Baku on November 19th, 2011, 4:10 am

Thou has written, and thou has completed, so I award thee the following....

Cassidy - +5 Observation, +1 Sailing, +5 Rhetoric,

Lore - Business and Pleasure in Riverfall, Misinformation of Akalak, Looking for Employ, Plans for the Day, Offering Services, An “Off” Feeling, Figuring on Sailing Time, Concluding Business

Erik - +5 Observation, +1 Sailing, +5 Rhetoric,

Lore - First View of Riverfall, Excitement Upon Arrival, Waiting for Business to be Completed Before Fun, Being Startled, Playing the Middleman, An “Off” Feeling, Concluding Business, Getting on With Drinking the Town Dry

Auldwin - +5 Observation, +5 Materialization, +5 Rhetoric,

Lore - The Pros and Cons of Time as a Ghost, Practicing the Traits of a Ghost, Plans for Training, New Marks, Making the Ghostly Intruduction, Inquiring About Passage, The Need for Travel and Barings, Not Overstretching Interaction, Concluding Business

Additional Notes: Seems like a Pleasure Cruise will soon take place. Might be interesting to see a Ghost walk the plank.

~Not all dreams, are meant to be had.

Baku
Dream Eater

Words: 151190
Joined roleplay: September 19th, 2010, 4:28 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous