Child in the Stars[Open]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Child in the Stars[Open]

Postby Dominique on November 12th, 2011, 5:06 am

13th day of Fall, 511

The small boy stood in the middle of the road, the crowd jostling past him. He had been wandering the city for hours now, exploring this wonderful place. His steps had never faltered as he had went through the town. However this was where he couldn't take another step. Without realizing it he had become completely lost. He had no place to go, yet was getting tired. Turning in a circle in the street he started looking up at all the buildings around him. He knew he shouldn't stay in the street like that, people were starting to give him odd looks, but he couldn't help it. He felt the weight of his loneliness at that moment. He was alone. He had no one to rely on to help him find a place to sleep. He knew he should have stopped and went into that center but it was to late. Opening his mouth to ask the nearest person which direction he should go he suddenly caught himself and snapped his jaw shut. He had gotten himself into this mess and he could get himself out. Turning around he started sprinting off, determined to find his way around without asking for help. However he should have been more careful, and found himself running head first into someone.
Dominique
Player

Words: 5064
Joined roleplay: November 11th, 2011, 10:45 pm
Race: Human

Child in the Stars[Open]

Postby Landon Mora on November 12th, 2011, 9:15 pm

Landon walked alone down one of the many streets in Lhavit. Well, he was not completely alone. There seemed to be a lot of people in the streets, just no one Landon was with.

Since Landon was not as tall as most people his age, he did get shoved around a bit, although it was all in the course of things. Sabastian was off doing something, although Landon did not know what. While the brothers were especially close, almost more like best friends at times, they did spend time apart.

As Landon walked he felt a body crash into him. "What the pet-" Stopping himself before he cursed, he saw a young boy before him. "Hey there. I make a better door than a window I'm afraid." He looked around to see if there was anyone around looking for the boy. He had to have a parent or someone looking after him. "Are you lost? Where are your parents?" The last thing Landon needed was for people thinking he was trying to take some kid that was not his.
Landon Mora
Groovy Swag

Words: 24946
Joined roleplay: October 21st, 2011, 7:33 pm
Character sheet

Child in the Stars[Open]

Postby Dominique on November 12th, 2011, 10:02 pm

Dominique stumbled backwards after running headfirst into the adult. His eye's going wide he'd take another half step back as he realizes what he had done. His mouth opening to stammer out an apology; "I uh, I'm uh really really sorry. p-p-please don't hurt me. I uh swear I didn't mean to." He would stop stammering as he stares up at the mans face. His eyes taking in every detail of the mans face.

He couldn't help himself, at the mans first words he let out a small laugh. Maybe this guy wasn't going to hurt him. What type of person would make a joke before hitting him? As he noticed the guy's eyes wandering around the area, Dominique suddenly frowned. What would he be looking for? Was he lost? Just what he had needed, an adult wondering about him. But could he trust this man that he had just met was the question. Giving a small shrug Dominique would look down and kick the ground "Well uh, i sorta am lost. But don't worry. I can find my way." After saying that he'd bite his lip and look back up at the man, tears starting to form in his eye's.

He couldn't believe it. Why was tears in his eye's? This couldn't happen, he was supposed to be tough to live by himself. He couldn't start tearing up now. Shaking his head he'd look back down at the ground, kicking it again and putting his hands in his pockets.
Dominique
Player

Child in the Stars[Open]

Postby Landon Mora on November 13th, 2011, 3:41 am

The boy's scared words made Landon frown slightly. "I'm not that scary, am I? I'm not going to hurt you." He chuckled slightly as he looked down at the boy. He was a bit of a jerk at times. He could fully admit that. If anything, he was not one to intimidate a kid. He had a heart after all.

Landon looked around again, trying to see if there were any adults who seemed to be looking for the kid. Hell, for any adults who even looked like the kid. There did not seem to be anyone around though. When he looked back down at the kid he noticed the tears starting to form in his eyes. Landon was not the best with emotion, at least the emotion of others. He could not just leave the kid though. "Come on, first let's get you out of the street. If you stay here, you are going to get trampled."

If the boy allowed it, Landon would guide him to the side of the street where there were much less people. Landon had absolutely no experience with kids. His life kept him in better contact with adults and of course, the dead. There were occasionally a few child spirits but even they seemed to be a bit aged in their passing. "Are you sure you don't need help? You said you were lost, where are you trying to go?" Landon felt a bit nervous. He did not want the kid to think he was trying to dig into his life. He just wanted to help him a bit. "I'm Landon by the way. Landon Mora. You?"
Landon Mora
Groovy Swag

Character sheet

Child in the Stars[Open]

Postby Dominique on November 13th, 2011, 5:11 am

As Landon starts talking again, Dominique would chuckle again. "No, no sir. it's it's not that your scary. just..well, most adults don't like it when they notice me in the streets." Dominique would look up once more at Landon, this time staring a lot more intently at his features. This man sure was big...well no, he didn't stand high among the adults but he was huge compared to Dominique.

Giving a shaky smile he would notice as Landon started looking around the area again; "Um sir...what are you looking for? I'm not part of a gang or anything like that if that's what it is." He would give his best 'innocent' smile up at Landon, before looking around the area. He would be trampled? It looked like Landon himself was going to be trampled but he didn't protest as he was led to the side of the street.

He would give Landon a searching look as he starts to talk again before grinning and holding out his small hand to Landon, "The names Dominique, but everyone just calls me Domi." With that grin still on his face he would look around before whispering, "Don't tell anyone but I'm searching for a place to stay. I mean...i cant stay with my da' no more so...well. here i am."
Dominique
Player

Child in the Stars[Open]

Postby Landon Mora on November 19th, 2011, 7:12 pm

Landon shrugged as he looked at the boy. He really just didn't want the kid to get trampled. "I'm not looking for anything. I just didn't want you to get knocked over by someone who isn't looking where they are going." Landon knew a bit about how it felt to walk through the streets of the city and be completely over looked. Landon had never been tall. Even as a child he had been short for his age. His father often walked ahead of him, claiming the boy walked too slowly. He hated when his father did that but now he was old enough to take care of himself.

The man took the boy's hand in his own and shook. "Nice to meet you Domi." Landon's brow furrowed when the boy spoke up again. "What is wrong with your dad? Did he kick you out?" Landon had little interest in letting some kid into his home, although he was sure the boy was not expecting that much from him. He could not deny having a bit of a soft spot for someone who had a less than happy relationship with their father. He was sure his own father was more than happy when he moved out. The pair had always been at each other's necks.
Landon Mora
Groovy Swag

Character sheet

Child in the Stars[Open]

Postby Dominique on November 26th, 2011, 5:05 am

He arched an eyebrow at Landon before shrugging and smiling again, his small round teeth shining white despite his grubby appearance. Who was this man, who he had suddenly told his secret to? Who was this man who was worried about him getting trampled instead of being suspicious of the little street boy. This definitely wasn't normal, but then again, what was? "Uh um...not exactly sir. it was more like...I ran away. From a..a life of foreva servin old peoples...eeer slavery. Yea. He was plannin on...well.." He suddenly closes his mouth, and looks down.

Why was he saying this stuff to this guy? It was odd...though, why should it be? Maybe it would be alright if he told this man. Maybe he'd be nice...or maybe he'd send him off somewhere and that would be horrible. Nodding suddenly he looked up at Landon, "Please promise not ta tell anyone. Please." His eye's welled slightly, desperation shining in his eyes.
Dominique
Player