Pussy Cat, Pussy Cat, Where Have You Been (Glaive)

Arrow and a new arrival to the city get acquainted

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Arrow on November 30th, 2011, 1:07 pm

Fall 80, 511 A.V.

Arrow sat in the patch of midday sunlight, his eyes glued on the paper before him. Carefully his hand moved, copying the text that he held open on the table beside him. Focused on his task, he was slightly startled by Trouble’s sudden appearance at his elbow. “What’s up?” He asked in his kind voice as he turned to look at the girl.

“I think you should come see something.” She replied, an excited expression on her face. “Out back.”

Arrow quirked one eyebrow up but didn’t bother to ask questions. Trouble knew better than to disturb him at his copy work unless something really needed his attention. She was well able to handle most domestic issues that might crop up. Setting his quill down, he rose, glad for an excuse to stretch his cramped muscles. Trouble hopped in front of him, across the small room and through the back door into the brewing shed behind their home. Behind the shed was an alley – well, most days there was an alley. Some days, like all the thoroughfares of Alvadas, it took it in mind to go have a little jaunt and went elsewhere for a while. But it always returned, sooner or later. Arrow had a feeling that the alley liked them, and had some attachment to their little establishment. Maybe it liked the smell of beer.

Trouble slowed her pace at the opening to the shed, and paused, peering cautiously around the wall. The alley was there alright, Arrow saw as he stood behind her, looking out. Today, it had decided to dead end a few meters past the shed, in a blind cul-de-sac. Leaning out slightly over Trouble’s head, his hands resting lightly on her shoulders, he saw a sight unusual for a city, even Alvadas.

A large, sleek sided, black cat was crouched on top of the brick wall which now formed the end of the alley. In the noon sun, Arrow could see the shaded dapples that ran under and through the dark glossy coat. He had seen such creatures before, far to the south, near Taloba. But that had been long, long ago. It was unclear whether the jungle cat had been in the process of jumping into the alley or out of it, but the reason for Trouble summoning him was readily apparent.

Cat, the immensely fat stray tabby that been the cause of Trouble coming to live with Arrow in the first place, had chosen to sun herself on top of the same wall. The arrival of the black panther was more than a bit unsettling for the creature, and she was crouched, backed up against the side of the house, her tail bottled out to twice its size, her lips pulled back in what was supposed to be an intimidating snarl. But she was so fat, it seemed that she would topple from the wall any second. It was really rather humorous, for the man and the girl, if not the cat.

Making a reasonable assumption, that a black panther appearing in his back alley without explanation was probably an indication of some sort of magic at work, Arrow chose a course of caution and did not immediately rush to Cat’s aid. Instead, he spoke in his low, even voice. “Um, I think our cat would greatly appreciate it if you could hop down from there, one way or another. Was there any particular reason you came this way? Or . . . “ As was so often the case in Alvadas. “Have you lost your way? Or has the city lost it for you?”

Trouble had twisted her face around to look up at him over her shoulder. “She’s Kelvic.” She said in a low voice, as if it might be a secret.

“That was my guess,” Arrow replied with a smile.
Arrow
long ago, how did I forget . . . holding you

Words: 43972
Joined roleplay: November 16th, 2011, 7:14 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Glaive on December 1st, 2011, 4:46 am

The black panther watched the fat little stray cat with a great feriousity. 'Stupid little creature,' she growled at it. The sound vibrated down her throat and had a trace of hostility in it. The cat in question did nothing in reponse other than back up against a wall and snarl. This annoyed Glaive greatly and she was imagining all the ways she would tear it to pieces when the sound of approaching footsteps distracted her.

Glaive glanced down from her perch and watched the newcomers as they walked closer. She pricked her ears listening into their conversation and she caught sight of them out of the corner of her eye. One appeared to be another kelvic but the other, she wasn't sure. They were definitely more interesting to her than the stray at that point in time.

The two people approached and she gazed at them calmly with her icy blue eyes. Her muscles where bunched up ready to spring at her quarry but when the man spoke she couldn't help but listen to him distracting her from her tormenting of the cat. When he mentioned her being lost she gave a throaty growl that was her version of a laugh in her current form and her black fur rippled at her movement. The boat ride to Alvadas had been horrible and she planned never to ride on one again. She had spent the whole journey without being able to eat for fear of being sick and she dared not venture out because she had been stowing away onboard.

The little kelvic who stood next to him turned to the man and uttered something to him and Glaive's eyes narrowed slightly before leaping down infront of them. As she shifted in mid air and landed in a crouch in her more human form. 'In that you are indeed right,' She purred through her pointed teeth, as she touched the ground.

Glaive's pale skin stood out against her background and her long black hair flowed down her back in waves. Her sharp claws dug into the cobblestones beneath her feet which was a welcome roughness. She was in a tense crouch but she paused for a moment to pull her carefully concealed pack off her ankle and she quickly donned a long strip of material.

When she had at last put on her black cloak, Glaive got to her feet and examined the pair infront of her with a slight smirk. Her cat-like eyes took them in and she continued to watch them with a deep intensity like a predator watching her prey. She tied the knot that held the heavy fabric in the place of her panther's pelt. She picked up the pack off the ground and swung it onto her back and gave the appearance of being relaxed even though she was ready to bolt at a moments notice.

Glaive leaned against the rough brick wall behind her and watched her escaping quarry out of the corner of her eye with a sigh. What a waste she thought to herself mentally smiling before focusing her full attention on her new entertainment.
--------
Glaive
Darkness Hide Me...

Words: 13887
Joined roleplay: October 22nd, 2011, 10:01 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Arrow on December 4th, 2011, 1:06 am

To see a Kelvic shift was always a bit startling, even after four hundred years. Arrow wondered if that’s how others felt when he shifted with the setting sun, and then again when it rose at dawn. He’d seen others of his kind do it, of course. But still, any time a being was in one form one moment, and an entirely different one the next, well . . . one couldn’t help but gawp a bit. The fact that as she shifted, the oh so very readily apparent female Kelvic was suddenly crouched before them without a stitch of clothing on was also quite eye catching. His eyebrows lifted a bit, but he said nothing, and the now young woman quickly wrapped herself in a cloak that reached to the ground. Such was the life of a Kelvic. It necessitated either that they carry clothes with them, which was more often than not impossible. Or some would only shift when they could retire with some modesty and do so in a place where they had left clothes waiting for just such an occurrence. The third option was one many adopted, in that they simply didn’t care and shifted when they felt like it, regardless of the availability of clothes to don. Kelvics were not humans, so such exposure of their naked bodies was not really frowned upon, in most places in Mizahar. So the black panther’s actions were not really that surprising. It was more a matter of Arrow being slightly taken with what he saw before the cloak covered it up that had his eyebrows lifting and his green eyes dancing.

The Kelvic, despite her extremely feline aloofness, did not rush off immediately. She placed her pack carefully over her shoulder and rested back against the brick wall. Trouble had already run off to find and comfort Cat, which was really odd when one considered how quickly Cat would have gobbled her down if she could have caught the sparrow Kelvic in bird form. Arrow crossed his arms casually across his chest, and regarded the young woman, admiring her hair and her pretty features which were so reminiscent of her panther form, the eyes especially. Himself leaning against the frame of the shed door, he repeated his earlier words, throwing in an offer, in return for her cooperation in not giving the cat apoplexy.

“If you’re lost, I’d be happy to try to direct you to wherever it is you’re going – though I’m as easily misled by Alvadas as anyone else who lives here. Trouble . . . “ He nodded in the direction of the wall the girl had scrambled over in pursuit of the cat. “Is Kelvic as well, and seems to have a most excellent sense of direction, no matter how mixed up the streets get. So . . . perhaps you aren’t in need of my assistance, if you are like her.” He shrugged easily. “In any case, thank you for letting the cat go. She’s fat and useless, but . . . we love her.” He smiled in his friendly way, reaching up to brush a few errant strands of blonde hair out of his face. “I’m Arrow by the way. Do you have a name?”
Arrow

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Glaive on December 4th, 2011, 2:16 am

Glaive watched as the other kelvic ran after the cat she had been stalking moments before. She frowned and thought to herself, what a weird girl. Her icy eyes flicked back to the other person standing before her with a slight flicker of curiousity. She was still trying to figure out what he was.

She listened as he spoke,
"If you’re lost, I’d be happy to try to direct you to wherever it is you’re going – though I’m as easily misled by Alvadas as anyone else who lives here." She couldn't help but smirk as she replied in a purring voice, 'How can one be lost, if one doesn't have a destination?' The expression on her face disappeared and was soon replaced by a blank indifference as she examined her surroundings. Glaive never spent much time in cities so whenever she happened upon one she couldn't help but observe how it was built. How could people stand to be in crowded areas? It was like a chicken in a coop, they had enough room to stretch their wings but never saw new scenary or had much freedom. It made no sense to her.

She was gazing at a loose cobblestone lying in her path when Arrow, as he said his name was asked her a question. Glaive thought about how to answer the question before smoothly replying, 'Indeed I do have a name.' She enjoyed confusing the people she talked to by never giving them a straight answer and she had never got around to ridding herself of the habit.

Glaive's long, black hair fell across her face and she growled slightly as she shook it back behind her. She took out a thin piece of thread and secured her locks in a rough ponytail to prevent it from becoming an annoyance. She made a mental note to cut it before it got out of hand. After spending so much time travelling as a panther she was out of the practice of dealing with the problems of her human self. She sighed softly to herself before reajusting her pack into a more comfortable position.
--------
Glaive
Darkness Hide Me...

Character sheet

Postby Arrow on December 4th, 2011, 3:53 am

Arrow grinned, thinking of the saying about playing cat and mouse. Well, if this kitty wanted to play she’d best find herself a mouse with far less work to do.

“Alright,” he said pleasantly. “I take it you’re not lost then. So I’ll leave you to your . . . whatever it is you’re doing. I’ve got to get back to my work. Thanks again for not eating my cat.”

He turned and went back inside the shed. Reentering his house, with a sigh Arrow settled himself back at the table, taking up his quill once more and looking at the book to see where he had left off.
Arrow

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Glaive on December 4th, 2011, 8:58 am

Glaive watched as Arrow walked away she reached out as if to grab his scent in the air and a lost look crossed her face. Her mixed emotions confused her greatly, why was she feeling like this? It felt like someone had just tried to pull her arm off in the way she felt as if she had suddenly lost something.

Glaive felt overcome with loneliness and she quickly tried to get rid of the feeling, sometimes being a kelvic proved annoying to her. Especially after what had happened last time she had bonded with someone.

As Arrow left her sight she whispered, 'I never said I wasn't lost...my name's Glaive.' She knew he wouldn't have heard her unless he had really good hearing so she let the words trail off in the air. Glaive hoped to see him again but knew it would be better if she didn't it would just make things harder.

She sighed as she rested her hand on her pack and walked off down the winding streets of Alvadas. Looks like I'll have to find a destination, she thought to herself as she set off.
--------
Glaive
Darkness Hide Me...

Character sheet