[Flashback] Two days? I just got my day off, Haha! (Xalet)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Bob Barton on October 17th, 2011, 11:51 pm

Xalet's praise and thanks made Bob feel a little bit uncomfortable. The akalak might not know that Bob really intended to run away or just ignored it for the sake of their continuous good relations but Bob knew what he wanted to do. He wanted to run and never come back which was strange because suddenly, he did the opposite. What could have prompted him to have this rare moment of courage? Like Xalet thought this was not like him because "we were losing right?" So why would Bob join a losing cause unless..."did something happen there Xalet?" besides their miraculous win over the boar.

Very miraculous indeed because Bob's attack was accurate enough to be super effective against the boar. When he released the bag he was too concerned about the weight of it all to cause the branch to snap and him to fall together with the bag. Once he saw that the bag was not shaking so much in his hands, his focus shifted to the branch he was clinging on for dear life. He never expected that once he released the bag that it will cause the boar to go out. A better result was that if it had died, but at least now it was unable to attack them anymore.

Once he saw that it was safe, Bob went down the tree. Just a normal one step at a time kind of thing until he reached the second to last branch where he jumped off and landed on the ground, giving a victory pose which would put any knight of squire to shame because they will never ever do something like that. What was that? The 'V' for victory pointing to the heavens. Bob needed to make an entrance befitting of the midget who took down the boar. A boar which was lying there without a care in the world. "What are we going to do with it now Xalet?" he asked.

It was a victory for them somehow. However, knowing Xalet the akalak would dismiss all of Bob's suggestions for the boar. He was just too nice. Sometimes he should just be a little bit darker but that will never be because the follower of the light was always suppressing his dark side. Should Bob know about it he might just use every method he could think of to draw it out but for today, he would just have to make Xalet have the same ideas he did for the boar. The simplest way would be to appeal to the akalak's elated state from victory if he was feeling it right now.

"We could always bring the boar back with us, as proof of our conquest." Ours just to get Xalet to agree even if Bob knew that he was the one which knocked it out with his rock smash. The akalak would probably more willing accept the idea when Bob reminds him that "the other knights and squires will be so impressed that we took it down ourselves" because he knew that squires were always trying to prove themselves ready to become capable knights. If all else fails, Bob could suggest that "once the boar is back with us in Syliras, we can divide it up to make into something" but Xalet would ask what. Steak? A coat? No, something better that the akalak would love "like a memorabilia of what our friendship accomplished today."

Bob would have thrown up having to suggest something like friendship right now. He barely knew the akalak and did not like big people that much. But this akalak has some sort of perverse sense of loyalty. Loyalty that Bob had to appeal to in hopes that he will take up Bob's suggestion especially since Bob would have a very hard time getting the boar back to Syliras alone. Not to mention that there might be other dangers in the woods today that is better to be faced with another. Of course, what happens next is all up to Xalet right now.
Bob Barton
Player

Words: 1121818
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2011, 12:21 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Xalet on October 19th, 2011, 5:54 pm

The squire took a moment to brush random twigs, grass, and random bits of dirt from his gambson and trousers. Out of all the things the Akalak could have been thinking, his outward appearance was atop the most important. Not due to some narcissism, but due to wishing that he could represent the Knights and squires appropriately. Of course he checked to make sure all of his parts were still upon his body. His hand hurt, and he wasn't sure if it would need to get stitched up or not. Luckily it wasn't the worst thing that had ever happened to him. Getting bucked off enough horses left him with worse injuries in the past.

"Happen? Sometime did happen, you noticed the brilliant light of courage within your soul." Xalet responded with some emphasis. One could tell Xalet was swelling with pride, whether he had anything to do with Bob's actions or not. Sometimes simply seeing the light of Priskil, even just the slightest hint of it was enough to lift a spirit. "Now, all is well." the squire finished, taking a moment to look over the boar, twisting it's head a bit to see of any discernable damage.

He thought about what Bob had said. Take it back? And do what with it? Xalet knew there were skilled hunters in and around Syliras, but that was no he. The squire had no idea what to do with a boar. Still, he had to admit that he could not have gotten away with so little injury without Bob. The man showed some guts there, whether he meant to or not. Xalet sighed, he couldn't just deny Bob's words, given his involvement in the incident. "Normally I would simply let it lie, but your words carry as much value as mine on this matter. If you wish for me to bring it back with you, I will do that much."

Then, as if Xalet couldn't get any more confused about Bob's demeanor, the man spoke of friendship. The squire wouldn't have called Bob a villain, but for the most part he seemed completely closed to the idea of having a mutual respect for anyone, least of all the Akalak. This didn't damage Xalet's feelings much, as most people kept away from Xalet throughout his childhood, a stigma of his race for those that knew of their dark-side. Now though Bob seemed to understand the prospect of working together. Was it all just some kind of ploy? Xalet, being young and impressionable, decided to go against his cautious instincts and trust in Bob, perhaps he was slowly becoming enlightened to the ways of integrity and hard work.

"Lets move quickly. Give me a hand." the Akalak added finally, "There's no telling how long it will stay this passive." Bending down from his knees, Xalet slung that devestating backpack upon his shoulder and prepared to haul the creature back into town. With a brief breath of air sucked into his lungs, he grippd the creatures and began to drag it. It was a good thing he never traveled far from the gates. Syliras could always use one more boar. At least Xalet hoped as such.
Xalet
The answer is more Body Building.

Words: 539431
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2011, 11:37 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Bob Barton on October 19th, 2011, 10:32 pm

Bob was happy to see that Xalet emerged from his tussle with the boar unharmed. His concerns were genuinely placed because he remembered that he followed Xalet all through the woods and being so focused carrying the heavy bag got him tired, he could not remember how to get back! He would be lost for days out here and would only get back to Syliras unscathed if he was lucky. So he really needed the akalak to lead him back. An akalak which admitted that something miraculous happened. About a light of courage in the soul. Something sounded very familiar about this.

Something was very familiar AND suspicious, especially with the way Xalet seemed pleased about everything after he nearly died. Bob's soul was like a black tarpit swallowing any light within. Keeping it all for himself and only himself because warmth was important in that cold place and he could not share it with anyone. Referring specifically to the light got Bob to thinking...and thinking...and then he realized why. "You used your damned god magic on me!" Yes, that akalak has defiled Bob with the power of his goddess. Bob knew it all too well having seen and experienced the light in Xalet's hand before. It was the same light he saw when he ran towards the boar with the bag.

Never ever trust a soon-to-be knight especially one that was too nice. They are all hypocrites who talked about helping the people when they were trying to control them all with any means necessary. And this akalak had the nerve to badmouth a man who became a god as a conniving manipulator? He just used his light powers to force Bob to face off a boar. Not to say that the results itself were not impressive but "you know what? At least we won..." and Xalet agreed to bring the boar back between them. This still won't be the last of this issue about getting into Bob's head or soul but he will leave it for some other time where they have already split the spoils.

"You're going to carry the boar...and the bag?" Bob asked with a gasp. The bag and the body of the boar are already heavy alone but together? It will be a real task even for the akalak. Bob went up to his own bag which was discarded and emptied it of the remaining rocks. There was no reason now to be weighted down by it when he needed all his remaining strength to help Xalet. Following his lead, Bob went behind the boar and bent his knees to grab hold of its hind legs. And then they lifted their prize and were off all the way back to Syliras if Xalet really knew the way back.

Along the trek, Bob continued to ask questions to pass the time. "So how does your light really work? You say that the Sagallius was bad for his trickery but isn't what you did to make me take that risk fighting the boar like that?" Bob purposely worded his question to bring emphasis to climbing a tree and dropping rocks instead of returning from his escape. If Xalet was not going to make an issue of it, Bob was not going to remind him. There was also more questions like "have you decided what to do with the boar yet?" because it was a shared kill and half the decision was Xalet's. "I think we should eat it for dinner today, tomorrow and the day after..." because all this exercise worked up an appetite in Bob "and perhaps those beautiful tusks can be used as a memorabilia" instead of a fur coat since that would be a bit extreme in the summer. Bob also felt that it was his duty to lighten the mood after the danger they just avoided so he threw in a funny suggestion that would make the rest moot "unless you want me to ride the boar again."
Bob Barton
Player

Words: 1121818
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2011, 12:21 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Xalet on October 20th, 2011, 11:49 pm

Xalet stayed mostly quiet when Bob proclaimed the use of his Goddess's divine powers. It was not because the squire did not have an answer, but rather he was attempting to find the proper words for expressing that answer. Especially to someone whom rebuked the Gods, and his Goddess in particular. Hope and faith were difficult things to understand. They had no tangibility, unlike money or material items. The power of such things instead did dwell within all men, awaiting the time to be unlocked. Or so Xalet would like to believe.

Carrying the boar and the bag? Why yes, he was. It would be cheating to abandon the rocks now. That was Xalet's work ethic. Perhaps some would say it made him predictable, but his Patron believed it came him a strong character, and he'd much rather believe her belief. Taking deep breaths he moved the creature in spurts, his legs pushing heavily against the ground while his arms bared the load with the aid of Bob. Now and again he had to take a moment to stretch his arms out, only to put them back to work moving that mammoth animal closer and closer toward the gates of Syliras. The two were not properly equipped to be hunters, but if Bob was not going to pass up the besting of such an animal, Xalet was not about to take his victory away from him.

"No trickery." he replied with a bit of a huff as he moved the creature with what strength he had left in his arms, "Priskil's glow draws out that which exists in all of us. The desire to believe and the will to succeed. You have such courage inside, Bob. All that is needed is to draw it to the surface, at times." Xalet wasn't lying as far as his determination of his ability was considered. Xalet never blatantly lied, but he could only answer as much as he believed he understood. In the end his ability was a gift from a divine being, and it was possible he could never understand it as profoundly as a martial skill or a learned magic.

"The will to succeed is your own, and no one else's. Sagallius would look instead to insert such a will. Eventually a person would be forced to act upon it. I could think of no greater insult than to force me to betray my code for the sake of something selfish." suddenly through talking, Xalet had figured it out. The difference between the two, it was so simple and yet it had been so difficult for him to find the appropriate words. His eyebrows raised slightly at his own epiphany, and he had to share such an idea with Bob, "Sagallius represents manipulation. Priskil represents inspiration. That was his best answer, and even if pressed he could most likely offer no better.
Xalet
The answer is more Body Building.

Words: 539431
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2011, 11:37 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Templar on December 10th, 2011, 4:44 pm

Bob: Canesword: 1 – Climbing: 4 – Interogation: 2 - Bodybuilding: 2 – Riding [Boar]: 1 – Brawling: 3
Lore: How Training Affects Muscles - The Dangers of Straining your body too much during training – Boar Riding – Luminance
Ledger: Boar's tusk having been expertly carved to match the other tusk.
+ 15 GM income for sold boar meat.

Xalet: Climbing: 4 – Teaching: 2 – Body building: 2 – Unarmed Combat: 3
Lore: Fighting Boars Unarmed
Ledger: Boar's tusk having been expertly carved to match the other tusk.
+ 15 GM income for sold boar meat.

Additional notes: Bob Boarsbane. –

The 15 GM to both of you, is after the expenses for getting the tusks carved. If you feel you have been mistreated or that I have made a mistake, feel free to send me a PM and I will look at the issue.
Derp.
Templar
The Templar Knight!

Words: 23533
Joined roleplay: March 1st, 2011, 11:14 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous