The story of the Dhani continues... (Open)

Lesh is confronted by her past, she escapes in to Ravok for some fresh air.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Lesh on November 16th, 2011, 1:40 pm

AV 511, Fall 21

The morning sun shone through the beams of an old wooden shack, it’s light outlining a shadowy figure that was seemingly sat at a broken, battered table. A woman with long auburn hair and strikingly cold, silver eyes gulped down the final drops of an expensive looking wine produce. Placing the empty bottle down hard on to the splintered table she would pick up a slab of sloppy raw meat and dangle it low above her mouth. Vreneralesh began to chew the meat, her fingers and lips stained with it’s juicy red content, before long her jaw grew tired and began to ache and after only a few moments of chewing she swallowed the chunk of soft meat whole. The woman hacked violently as the muscles in her human gullet barely managed to contract her meal down. Lesh groaned, three years she had had to imitate human society in order to stay hidden and eating habits were by far the hardest, chewing food before swallowing was still unfathomable to her.

A sudden knock at the door caused the Dhani to stand in alert, pausing silently as if in an attempt to stay hidden. A few moments passed and then another knock came “...Lesh...a-are you in there!?” Vreneralesh sighed and lowered her guard a little, she knew that voice all too well. She approached the door casually yet cautiously and pulled back slightly on the rusted handle, opening the shack door just enough to see her visitor. “L-lesh, long time no see... hehehe... keeping well now are we?” A short, fat man stood at her doorway his face was horribly deformed and he lurched over as if suffering from sort of chronic back pain. “...Vinel... can’t say I'm too pleased to see you, what are you doing here?” Lesh replied, her common slightly accented though more or less perfectly structured. “Oh come now... how long have we known each other for, won’t you let in an old friend?” The Dhani ignored his comment but opened the door wide for the deformed man to enter.

A little while later~

“So the assassins guild has started back up and they require my help? …Can’t say I’m interested, I’ve escaped death’s clutch far to many times to go out looking for it again...” Vinel laughed, a disgusting, husky noise that no living being in Mizahar should ever have to hear, his facial expression difficult to read under his distorted features. “...and so you will continue making a living from what? Selling your gob to a crazy herbalist that pays you in pocket money? Don’t make me laugh...” Vinel replied hysterically as he wiped the beads of sweat from his creased forehead. “How did you-” Lesh paused mid-sentence, it was obvious that the old assassins guild had kept tabs on her. “Either way I’m not interested, now get out...” The Dhani gestured for Vinel to leave with a wave of the hand. The deformed man frowned disappointingly and began to make his way toward the door of the shack, “You look like you could use a good meal, have you been eating well? Perhaps I should provide some food... you know-”, “You’re right, I haven't eaten anything decent in a while, perhaps a man of your consistency could satisfy my hunger? Now get out...” Lesh growled at Vinel, her expression as stoic as usual whilst pushing the wooden door to a close behind him. “If you change your mind you know where to find me... you were joking about that stuff of me satisfying your hunger, r-right?” Vinel seemed to ask worriedly but before he could get an answer the door was slammed shut on his face.

After a short while of simply contemplating what the deformed man had to say Lesh left her run down shack of a house and ventured out in to the city of Ravok.
Lesh
"...you cannot trust them. They are food..."

Words: 9906
Joined roleplay: November 16th, 2011, 11:10 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Postby Aello on November 19th, 2011, 3:56 am

Aello slipped through the city streets largely unnoticed, now that she had bothered to pull the hood of her cloak up over her head. The fabric billowed angrily around her knees, as though in a wind, as she moved steadily through Ravok in silence. Her bird rested upon her shoulder, her bow tightly in her left hand. Her bag and her quiver in the center of her back, bouncing with her step.

The girl crossed over a narrow bridge, into another part of town, a quieter portion. She stopped for a moment, and turned to her companion. "Where to Yune?" Aello whispered. "Do you know what we need to get done today? Something other than hunting. I am too bloody sick of the forest to be bothered with it today."

The sparrow opened one of her eyes, and emitted a rather frustrated chirp. "Oh don't you give me that Yune. You spent all morning after breakfast sleeping. The least you could do is share your opinion. Offer up a few ideas to make the day go by a little more quickly."

Chirp!

"Fine, then you can flutter off my shoulder and walk then. Hop... whatever it is you do to get from place to place when you are not sitting up there, or flying," Aello growled.

Chirp!

"Darn it Yune, you just ate, you're not getting more until later," Aello whispered, the edges of her face turning red.

Chirp!

"No!"

Chirp!

"No!"

Chirp!

"No!"

Chirp!

"Fine. Fine, if you will keep it down, so that we may be left alone, you may have something to eat," Aello growled.

Chirp! Yune responded, slightly quieter this time. Aello sighed as she rolled her eyes, and fished a single black seed out of her pocket with her free hand. She held it delicately between her fingertips, and pushed it towards her bird. Letting it rest no more than half an inch away from where she was perched. The bird extended her head and nipped at the seed. Pecking off tiny portions, until it was a little more than halfway done, at which point, she freed it of Aello's hands, and gobbled it down hungrily.

Aello let her hand fall back to her side. "There you are. Happy now?" Aello asked.

Chirp!

"Good, now no more complaining that you're hungry until dinner time," Aello responded, as she started moving again, further down the city street. An area surrounded by the canal on each side. Dark waters, which rippled as those upon the docks moved. Sparkled a soft yellow, as the sun shone upon its surface.

OOCJust so you know, Aello has no idea what Yune is saying. Her default whenever she makes too much noise is simply feeding her...
Aello
Looking For Answers

Words: 1550591
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2011, 4:52 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Lesh on November 19th, 2011, 10:11 am

Vreneralesh made her way through the more quieter part of the city, her quick but light footsteps echoed to and fro as she walked under a small bridge. Her mind seemed to wonder elsewhere, hesitating, perhaps even considering what the deformed man had told her, the infamous black crow assassins guild had reformed, nearly a year after they had been discovered and destroyed by the Ebonstryfe. Upon arrival of a slightly more populated part of the city Lesh could hear the usual hustle of merchants opening their stores and sailors bringing in their cargo from overseas, the stench of fish, strong as it normally was at this hour.

As the Dhani walked a certain path along the street, the canal now on either side, she would suddenly feel a heavy thump against her upper and lower body. Lesh cursed under her breath for not watching where she placed her own feet before looking down at the creature that she had collided with. Vreneralesh observed the girl up and down, not much caught her attention other than a star seemingly tattooed above the ankle and a bird perched upon her shoulder, the Dhani could make nothing of it and so she nudged past the brunette without so much as a sorry.

OOCHey there! I read through some of your posts, it seems your character likes to fight so I've set up a scene, hopefully Aello will try to make Lesh apologize ^^
Lesh

Character sheet

Postby Aello on November 19th, 2011, 10:34 pm

"Sorry," Aello muttered as stepped away from the figure she had bumped into. Yune flapped her wings wildly, and chirped her head off, as Aello allowed her eyes to lazily graze over the entirety of the woman's body. The woman was indeed taller than she, but that was not saying much. Nor was it saying much to add that the woman was somewhat heavier, on account for her height. Shoulder length hair, an auburn color. Her eyes a strange silver, somewhat cloudy looking, to the young spiritist. "Should watch where we're going," she added, as the woman began to make her way past, without saying anything to her in return.

The girl frowned, thinking it rude, but not all that out of place in the city. She shrugged, as the life of her magic began to whisper in her ears, telling her things she should not have been able to know. It had been called upon, strangely, during the time that Aello and the Dhani had collided. Although, Aello could not recall asking it to come to her, it was here. She could feel it. Hear the sound of snakes hissing quietly. Feel them slithering over her form. Their smooth skin massaging her flesh. Causing it to grow warm. Covering every inch of her body, and pooling around her feet. She could see some of their heads. Their slender, forked tongues flicking out of their mouths and licking her nostrils.

Aello pulled her head back, as though that were the only way she could escape. She is a human that isn't a human, her mind whispered. She is more a snake than anything else. Twisted, and cold. Unable to keep warm...

The sound of a rattle came to mind. Off in the distance, past the subtle hiss, so strikingly similar to the sound a tea kettle made when the water had grown hot enough. When it let off steam. The rattle was soft, but rhythmic. Insistent, it seemed, to be heard. Similar to the sound a baby's toy may produce, or even a maraca. A rainmaker.

Aello sighed as her pupils dilated. She is one of the rattlers. Dangerous in many arts. Poison... hunting, often skilled killers in all their forms. Aello stood, still in her tracks, as she glanced over her shoulder. Allowing her hair to splay down her side. Cascade down the area near where her companion was perched. She watched as the woman took a few more steps down the street. "You know, you should be more careful," Aello called. "Especially, when you are not as you appear." The girl paused for a moment, before adding, "it is not safe, you know, to walk around so openly... You should stick to the shadows, if you wish to keep his eye off of you... if you can..."

Aello's lips curled into a sinister smile as her eyes sparkled. She was waiting now, for the snake to strike her.

OOCYou're going to have to do a lot more than that to truly piss the girl off. The only beings she truly kills on sight, without question, really, being the undead.
Aello
Looking For Answers

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Lesh on November 20th, 2011, 9:06 am

”You know, you should be more careful, especially, when you are not as you appear."

The Dhani stopped immediately and span on her heels to face the young lady who was now several feet away. ...How did she? That bastard... did he rat me out already? She could be part of the Ebonstryfe or maybe... maybe even the Black Crows?... A thousand possibilities suddenly flared in to her mind, her posture seemingly on alert yet her features, expressionless as ever. Slowly, she approached the smaller female, her strides strong yet cautious, her silvery-grey orbs meeting her chocolate brown eyes.

"it is not safe, you know, to walk around so openly... You should stick to the shadows, if you wish to keep his eye off of you... if you can..."

Vreneralesh watched as the brunette’s lips curled in to that of a mocking smile, her eyes apparently burning from what seemed like excitement. The Dhani moved closer, her face expressing no reaction to the girl’s comment yet her eyes had changed, they appeared sharper and more menacing. By now the two were no more than an arms length between each other, the noise of the city dulled out and the atmosphere suddenly thickened with tension. “...and what could you possibly mean by ‘you are not as you appear’?” Lesh questioned the girl in an intimidating manner, “...Oh, I do hope you choose your next words carefully... such young eyes, it would truly be a shame...” Her words were slightly accented but it was clear she had a good knowledge of the common language as she hung her subtle threat on the open air.
Lesh

Character sheet

Postby Aello on November 21st, 2011, 1:51 am

Aello turned to face the Dhani head-on. Her chin tilted up a little, so that she could look into the woman's eyes now, as she inched closer and closer. So close, that if she took a fraction of a step forward, she could force her dagger into the snake's flesh. Aello's eyes sparkled as she listened to the woman's common. Ah, a thinly veiled threat, how very quaint, Aello thought, as her right hand instantly sank into the folds of her dress, closest to where her dagger lay in wait.

The Dhani's aura seemed to flare. The mist swirling around the woman in tiny tendrils. Like a series of snakes ready to strike. She wonders how you know... Aello's mind whispered, causing her lips to curl into an even wider grin. Causing her eyes to sparkle all the more. A small laugh escaped the girl's lips. "Don't worry about having to intimidate me... or rather, so much as trying to. No harm shall befall you, as long as you remain as you now appear." Aello paused, allowing the riddle in her word to sink in for a moment, or rather, the implied notion, that she knew precisely what Lesh was. That she was now, walking on eggshells. Not like it truly mattered, for Aello knew the snake stood no chance against her.

"Unless, of course, you do something foolish," Aello continued, her voice so close to neutral, that is was almost frightening. Although, if one truly bothered to listen, it held its usual, playful edge. An edge of ice. "Perhaps, lump me into a category with all of them." Again, Aello paused, watching. Waiting for the women to tense. To strike. Something. Anything. "Although, such a thing would be a foolish mistake. For I do not waste my time joining groups with no true master... or rather, I don't join groups in which I can't be my own master." Another sort of choked laugh escaped the girl's lips, as her eyes flashed mischievously. "I don't serve as anyone's pawn. Nor puppet. Instead, I serve myself, and in return for her love and guidance, the goddess of the dead. Dira, whenever it serves each of us."

Aello paused again. "Instead of working for those who walk whenever their strings receive a sharp tug, I travel with but a few. Shifters, so very like you, and so very unlike you at the same time." Aello's thumb ran over the length of curved wood, moving from the rest of her fingers, and then away as she spoke. "Do you understand snake, that you have nothing to fear. Unless, you wish to be given something to fear?"

OOCAello's cursed dagger is strapped to her right thigh. Her dress has long slits running up the legs on each side. (So one from her mid thigh, to her feet). This allows her to grab the dagger. However, her hand is merely planted over it, above the folds, so to Lesh, it should appear as though the girl is merely slackening her stance.
Aello
Looking For Answers

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Lazybones on January 13th, 2012, 6:41 pm

Thread Complete!

Notes: Too bad this didn't finish! It was just starting to get interesting. Lesh, if you come back, PM me and I can get your XP and Lores to you. ^_^

Aello
Award :
Skills: Auristics +2, Birdkeeping +1, Animal Husbandry +1

Lores: Testing the Serpent, I'm Not Your Prey
I am a friendly fascist. I am a tyrant that you should trust. And you should let me run your life, because I do know what is best for you.

RavokBlack SunEbonstryfeRhysolThe VoiceRavok IC
Lazybones
Could be wrong, should be right.

Words: 80514
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2012, 9:56 pm
Race: Staff account
Office