Tracking threads

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Tracking threads

Postby Fallan Windchaser on March 31st, 2010, 1:06 pm

Knowing how blind I can be about things which are in front of my nose, I wondered how people manage to keep track of their threads.

Aside from browsing the new posts which I can never stop myself from doing, the only option seems to be the View your posts button. This is great, but it also shows up every thread I've ever commented on including introductions and such. Is there a way of dropping out threads you don't want to track any more? I don't seem to be able to find the unsubscribe button! Given more active members must have a ton of threads, I know I must be missing something.

Fallan Windchaser
Rider in the dark

Words: 231014
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2009, 12:46 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Re: Tracking threads

Postby Jilitse on March 31st, 2010, 1:14 pm

I keep a folder on my browser's bookmarks bar in order to keep things in order. (Better quick links that way, imo)

In-game, you can either bookmark or subscribe to threads, and - at least as far as I know - you can check these out by clicking USER CONTROL PANEL. Somewhat top left just below the banner.

In the OVERVIEW tab, there should be another set of sub-menus:

FRONT PAGE
MANAGE SUBSCRIPTIONS <--- These are what you're looking for.
MANAGE BOOKMARKS <----
MANAGE DRAFTS
MANAGE ATTACHMENTS

I believe you can take it from there. Hope I helped! :)
I. Vox Populi, Vox Dei
II. The Night the Watchtowers Cried

I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common woman with common thoughts and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.
Jilitse
I just arrived (again). Please be kind.

Words: 520837
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2010, 8:22 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
GP's Angels (1)

Re: Tracking threads

Postby Fallan Windchaser on March 31st, 2010, 1:22 pm

Well thanks for that, it sortof helped :)

I know that part of the control panel, but I've only just noticed the buttons right at the bottom of the page which allow you to do those things!
Fallan Windchaser
Rider in the dark

Words: 231014
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2009, 12:46 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Tracking threads

Postby Miharu Mindi on April 6th, 2010, 5:06 pm

There's also a link at the top of the forums next to your Inbox that says "View Your Posts". This is always the first thing I check, because it lists any thread you've posted to and will show you if it's been updated. Which is WAY convenient if you're in a scene. :)

And I am dreaming of them with their kill
Tearing it all apart
Blood dripping from their lips
And teeth sinking into heart
Miharu Mindi
Player

Words: 165248
Joined roleplay: March 14th, 2010, 7:08 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook