[Miharu's Scrapbook] Internet Sepukku

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Miharu Mindi on March 28th, 2010, 3:04 am

Webular Sepukku

For those of you who might have been present in chat today and seen the horrors I wrought upon the world of CSS, but let's just say that I can't even copy and paste without destroying everything I touch. I am the harbinger of technological doom, peeps. Hide under your desks. But luckily for the entirety of the intarwebs, Columbina was here to save the day! Many thanks to her for the excellent frames, and also the header she made for me. It is very rockin'.

So! People wanted entertainment. Gather round, kids, because it's storytime!

Once upon a time, in a sparkling city on an island, there lived a girl named Selena. She was stuffed full of awesome, and everyone loved her (except for, like, three people, but screw them, this story isn't about them).

However, because she was so awesome, her mere existence threatened to throw off the delicate balance of the world. The entire world, seriously, she was that awesome. Anyway, the gods couldn't have the entirety of the universe devolving into chaos, so they decided to curse her in order to help alleviate the imbalance.

And so that is why every 28 days or so, her uterus grows fangs and horns and tries to chew its way out of her body.

The end.

All that to say - ouch. And I hate everything. And I want chocolate right now.

Falling In Love With the Wolfboy :
She can make you feel like filth
She can make you feel like a star
She will scratch till her hand is bloody
But she'll love you more for the scar
She remembers the recent past
She's something the cat dragged in
She's a trollop in paisley, so,

Take her down to the woods where the wolfboy lives,
So the villagers say,
And the three of you evaporate into the night
Till you both fall in love with him
With a face like an African mask
And the strength of ten men
When she's wrong

She's in charge in the world at large
And her novels are all very long
She belongs on the astral plane
She's probably a hologram
Put her back in the padded cell

So you'll dress head to foot in lame
And you'll dance in December snow
When the sky turns to wine you'll embrace
And forget everything that you know
She can tell you the will of the gods
Butter won't melt in her mouth, but you will
Don't bother to ask her name
Miharu Mindi
Player

Words: 165248
Joined roleplay: March 14th, 2010, 7:08 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Re: [Miharu's Scrapbook] Internet Sepukku

Postby Hex on March 28th, 2010, 3:55 am

Let's hope I don't get in trouble for posting this
Hex
Ghost Chasing Healer

Words: 169721
Joined roleplay: December 4th, 2009, 4:57 am
Blog: View Blog (6)
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Artist (1) Donor (1)

Postby Abashai on March 28th, 2010, 1:46 pm

Thanks Selena. That helps me understand that which I will never really understand a bit more.... and I love the Sepukku image.
Sel And Hex...thanks for images that will haunt me at the most inopportune times!
Abashai
There are winds I am compelled to follow...

Words: 391987
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2009, 4:12 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)

Postby Miharu Mindi on March 28th, 2010, 7:02 pm

Real Women Use Real Butter

So, I like to cook. I like to cook an awful lot, but I hate to do dishes so I don't cook as often as I would if I had a dishwasher or a Mexican housegirlI am allowed to make this joke because my Mexican grandmother used to clean houses. She told me I could. Neener.. But I also try to be healthy when I cook. I make delicious chicken-and-veggie pastas in extra-virgin olive oil, cucumber and tomato salads, homemade casseroles without all the preservatives and crap you get in the frozen ones.

I don't drink soda, and I don't eat fast food, and it's not to lose weight - I came to terms with my body a long time ago. Or rather, we came to terms with each other. It's because I feel like crap a lot of the time, and changing my diet was an easy way to help me NOT feel like crap anymore. I've also mostly cut out processed sugar, no longer buying candy or ice cream or cakes or coffee (which I drink with six sugars and a quarter-cup of half and half, because I am insane).

But today, I want cookies. No, scratch that, I don't want cookies - I want a huge freaking bowl of cookie dough that I can snack on until I feel like I'm going to die, and then I'll bake the rest and leave them for my roommate while I'm on Spring Break. And by god I'm going to make them, two sticks' worth of butter shot straight to my freaking aorta, because what's the point of eating healthy if I deny myself the one bad thing I've craved in a month? Then I'll just be miserable, and start to hate all this healthy living crap. So, for just this once, cookies will help make me live a more healthy lifestyle.

Also, they're freaking delicious.

I leave you with this song, which got played on my Pandora playlist, and has subsequently been stuck in my head all day. Suffer as I have, my little darlings. :)

And I am dreaming of them with their kill
Tearing it all apart
Blood dripping from their lips
And teeth sinking into heart
Miharu Mindi
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Donor (1)

Postby Miharu Mindi on March 30th, 2010, 3:47 am

Vacay, Baby

Okay, I don't have a real blog, so this will have to do to record my thoughts on vacation. :)

First of all, Miami airport is a million miles long. I've walked across the entire island of Manhattan in less time than it took me to get from my gate to the freaking exit. I'm not even making that up - it took close to half an hour. And I walk as fast as any New Yorker.

Secondly, I love Miami already. I'm treating myself to a rather expensive evening to ight, and don't feel guilty about it at all. The streets are filled with music blaring from every hotel and restaurant on the strip, and eveyone's having so much fun, myself included. I've already explores the neighborhood, found a bodega and a diner that I like, and am now comfortably tucked away at a sidewalk table at the Colony Hotel (my own hotel's restaurant was packed and I didn't want to sit inside). This place has basically sold me a gallon of Caipirinha for $20, which I'm sucking down with a quickness. Salad with prociutto and Parmesan is next.

Secondly, I am staying in the worst, most flea-baggy hotel I think I've stayed in in my adult life. And I love it. I love everything about it, including the Broadway musicals posters lining the hall. Jenny, I'm looking at you. It's borderline disgusting, and it makes me feel like a college student on spring break.

Third... Wow, the people here are beyond attractive. Now, I've enough ego to spare, I'm gorgeous, and I'm awesome and smart on top of that. But I'm kind of a big girl, and whle I don't care one whit I sort ofexpected the Beautiful People of Miami(tm) to just sort of floss over me. Not even close. I've gotten hit on more in the hour I've been here than I have in the last month in New York. Which has just made this vacation that much more awesome.

More updates tomorrow when I steal Internet from the hotel next door, but in the meantime have a fabulous week!

Tearing it all apart
Miharu Mindi
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Donor (1)

Postby Miharu Mindi on March 31st, 2010, 10:33 am

Awesomesauce

Today I woke up at 8am, which is the first time I've done that in, I think, well over a year. I futzed around online a bit, then walked around 5th Street to try and find the CVS. I was so distracted by the crazy Art Deco buildings that I walked right past it and all the way to the Causeway before I realized my mistake. I just made the block, though, and found the Publix - which is an awesomely huge grocery store, and had everything I needed for basic survival. The cashier spoke to me in Spanish, because everyone here speaks Spanish, and I actually managed to answer in it. Which made the last semester in school feel kinda worthwhile.

Then I wandered around and actually found the CVS, and bought suntan lotion and a super-huge beach towel blanket thingee, and Orbitz Mist gum because the commercials were intriguing, but it's actually kinda gross. Then a quick, cheap breakfast at my hotel, and then a shower because a girl cannot go to the beach with prickly legs.

And then sun! And sand! And beach, such pretty beach. The water is cold but gorgeous. Everyone on the beach was really chill and there weren't any screaming child, which was fantastic. So I slathered myself up and sprawled out like a dying whale. It was glorious.

Except at some point when I was laying on my stomach, I must have dozed off. I didn't even realize I did it until I got back to my hotel room and realized that instead of being gone for two hours, I'd been gone for three. And then I looked at myself in the mirror. RED ohmigod. My back is super red, and the backs of my legs. There is little in life that is worse than having sunburn on the backs of your knees.

The craziest part of my tan/burn is that my arms are tanned, my shoulders are tanned, my face is tanned, and then I have this little upside-down triangle of red at the base of my throat, and a white chest. It took me a while to figure out what happened: my boobs made a shadow across my chest and kept me from getting burned there. My freaking boobs destroyed my tanline. The curse of an ample bosom, people.

I came in for lunch and a bit of a rest, and then I went swimming in the afternoon. I just want to say that swimming in the beautiful clear waters of Miami at sunset is one of the best things in the world!

I ended up falling asleep and stayed that way until 2am, and then went out around 4am to walk to the CVS and buy a memory card for my camera. The streets were empty, but most of the sidewalk restaurants were full of workers hosing down the outside and stacking tables and chairs and sprinkler systems watering the palm trees. At four in the morning the streets smell like bleach and cool ocean breezes, and it's wonderfully quiet.

I'm in love with this city.

Next post will have actual pictures, I promise!

Tearing it all apart
Miharu Mindi
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Donor (1)

Postby Miharu Mindi on March 31st, 2010, 1:31 pm

Sunrise

The picture above is of special importance.

See, the sun was sheduled to come up at 7:13am. I got out there at around 6:45am so I could scope out a good spot to take pictures from. I have a crappy little digital camera, and if I move at all the pics come out blurry, so I wanted to get a spot on the little box where they keep the beach chairs so I could just set the camera on top and snap from there. It was an excellent plan, and worked out perfectly. Except for the fact that around 6:50am, this photographer showed up. You know the guy, khaki cargo pants and an SLR camera that probably costs as much as my rent. Which is fine, do what you want man. He walked past me, eyeing my spot, and we gave each other the little head-nod good morning.

And then he proceeded to stand right in the middle of my shots for the entirety of the sunrise. So I took a picture of him, and everyone can now see and know this incredible douchebag by this visual representation of his douchbaggery. So yeah - if you see some random dude in my pictures, it's him.

Now... on to the pics!

Pictures below the cut! :
These are in the order they were taken, so you can actually see the sun rising! :)

Tearing it all apart
Miharu Mindi
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Donor (1)

Postby Miharu Mindi on April 21st, 2010, 9:19 pm

Everyone Needs a Sassy Gay Friend

Tearing it all apart
Miharu Mindi
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Donor (1)

Postby Miharu Mindi on May 30th, 2010, 1:45 pm

It's Like Coming Home... in the bad way

So this is just a quick Scrapbook update to let everyone know that starting today I will be kinda homeless for the summer. Okay, that's overstating it a bit. I'm subletting my apartment for the summer because I have a job upstate, but the job doesn't start until June 17th and my subletters are coming... today. So. A bit of an apology about the whole "not being online until Wednesday" thing, but I will be alternately couch-surfing and traveling down to The 'Sip to stay with my parents for the 2+ weeks I'll be without a domicile.

And since you're so used to pictures on my Scrapbook, let me show you the actual Google Maps pictures of my hometown where I'm going. Now, this is not "some road I live on." I actually live much further back in the woods. This is the main highway (yes, it's an actual highway) that goes right through the center of town. You're looking at the bustling heart of my hometown right here, people. Brace yourself.

Here it is if you're facing South:

Here's if you swivel around to face East:

And lastly, the beautiful view of North:

Yeah.

Now you have proof that, while I may not be online much in the next few days as I pack up all my belongings and bounce around from friend's house to friend's house, once I get to Mississippi I'll have quite literally NOTHING but time to be active on the forums.

See you then, kiddies. :)

Tearing it all apart
Miharu Mindi
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Donor (1)

Postby Miharu Mindi on July 9th, 2010, 1:54 pm

Just a quick note to let you all know I'm still alive. Barely.

I've had ER trips every single night but one in the last week, sometimes two a night, and kids quarantined in my clinic for the last three nights. Things are crazy, I'm without sleep and I'm stressed and I haven't talked to any of my friends in what seems like years and I promise, I promise that I have not abandoned you all. I am just literally working 20 hour workdays with underprivileged kids, and they seriously did not train us for the stuff we're coming up against here. So... yeah. I miss Mizahar desperately and want nothing more than to immerse myself in a fantasy world, but there are children depending on me so I'm trying to keep it together.

But I miss you. And hopefully I'll be back soon.

Tearing it all apart
Miharu Mindi
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook