Slightly Later than I would Have Liked... But Hello!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Slightly Later than I would Have Liked... But Hello!

Postby Dranquay on August 15th, 2009, 11:18 am

Ok...quizzy question things, lets see.

1. Name - or what you'd like to be called!

Chris works.

2. What sort of RP experience do you have if any?

When I think...at least 10 years (scary...thats nearly half my life, not quite, but nearly). Variously PBP boards, MMORPG's with roleplay guilds but mainly PBP's including Star Trek, Sci-Fi and lots of Fantasy. Most people here will probably know who I am anyhow.

3. How did you find us?

Goss, Nikki and a battalion of others poked me and said 'this exists and is cool!' Which I totally agreed with when I got time to read stuff then got dragged off by real life. But i'm back now and have time to actually read in more detail and do stuff.

4. What sort of RP style is your favorite?

Definitely PBP, simply because of the depth of the interactions and the surprises that can come out. Is it a no-no to say I dislike D20? Sorry...can't stand the over reliance on dice to decide whether i'm able to knock a table over. I probably just played with the wrong crowd heh.

5. What do you like to write about - not write about?

Philosophizing. (Is that a word?) I love conflicts and what they do to characters, be that the result of physical conflict, political or the use of magic and social conflict, I love working out the reactions of characters and playing through the emotions involved.

Pointless socializing is beginning to wear me thin...if there isn't a goal somewhere or a conflict to be played through between characters I get dangerously bored with 'hello my name is xyz tell me about yourself'. But I'm trying to work around that!

6. Whats your favorite thing about Mizahar so far?

All the cool stuff and cool people. Nice magic system, nice clean easy to understand history and lots of interesting races, so much to explore and it seems like there is a rich mythology under it all to go investigate.

7. What, if anything, has frustrated you about Mizahar so far?

Hmmm. Actually I do have something to put here. I found it quite hard once i'd passed through the Intro pages and the initial map to get a view of the 'style' of each of the main...what would you call them? Kingdoms? Areas? I know overviews exist but they seemed buried away a bit.

Also some history on how they were generated from the initial countries AV would be nice... dunno if there is an article on this? Just would knit together then -> now for me.

8. What would you like out of the mizahar experience?

No limits I suppose. Let a person go out and explore and take themselves where the character wishes to go and learn about all kinds of things that haven't existed before...and to do this with many wonderful people who want the same thing and love writing (Which I know all here do so I have no doubt it'll be great).

9. Is there anything you'd like to see expanded?

C.F. My above point on history and continuity. In addition i'm more than willing to help eek out the missing bits on magic, I appreciate everything is in production.

Also, I may just not have found the right article yet but maybe more general details on religion and the gods? Where did they come from, why do they walk around etc? I'm suspecting I just haven't found this yet so please ignore it if i'm missing an article somewhere. Also how worship works etc etc.

I have found the general religion article but i'm curious for more details, especially the stuff that would be common knowledge such as worship and similar. No rush though!

10. Anything else you want to talk about?

Nope, just great to find somewhere new to explore and i'm looking forward to it.
Dranquay
Player

Words: 12907
Joined roleplay: August 14th, 2009, 11:17 pm
Race: Akvatari

Re: Slightly Later than I would Have Liked... But Hello!

Postby Liminal on August 15th, 2009, 11:49 am

Welcome! Good to see you here.

As you've surmised, we're still working on a lot of the detail bits. One thing I'd mention in regards to #7 is that the regions are more...geographic? than political. Sylira, for instance, is at least four or five independent "countries." Some of the regions only have one political entity -- Konti, say, or Akvatar -- but in general it's probably more accurate to think of them as "the Iberian peninsula" or "Central America" rather than "Portugal" or "Guatemala."

And of course, anything you'd like to work on developing is a-OK by us! ^_^
Liminal
Atelerix albiventris

Words: 256313
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2009, 7:09 am
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Staff account
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Niall Raghnall on August 15th, 2009, 1:20 pm

Hey Chris ... welcome to mizahar!

Dan
Niall Raghnall
Player

Words: 19913
Joined roleplay: August 10th, 2009, 7:55 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Postby Tarot on August 15th, 2009, 2:08 pm

Welcome to MIzahar!

What Liminal said - we're working hard to fill the gaps. :) History is exactly what I'm going to focus once I've done more work on magic. There aren't "kingdoms" or "empires" as of right now, at least not in the standard fantasy way. There are cities that control the surrounding territory. A bit more than city-states but definitely less than kingdoms, if that makes sense. Anyway, feel free to ask any questions!
Tarot's thread tickets: sold out. Not accepting any more threads for the time being unless I promised you one. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Tarot
May you live in interesting times

Words: 766317
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:29 pm
Blog: View Blog (11)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Being Tarot Award (1)
O RLY Decoration (1)

Postby Dranquay on August 15th, 2009, 2:51 pm

Makes plenty of sense :) And yeah now i've read through some of the city descriptions in more detail I get it. Thanks for the welcomes so far.
Dranquay
Player

Words: 12907
Joined roleplay: August 14th, 2009, 11:17 pm

Postby Chaelnomyl on August 15th, 2009, 3:45 pm

Why hello there sir! :D

Good to see you finally got around to it. :)
In his winding wail and his deep-heaved sigh, his aching grief found vent...
While the sea looked upon the bending sky and murmured,
"I repent..."
Chaelnomyl
Orphan of the Sea and Sky

Words: 58281
Joined roleplay: August 6th, 2009, 10:01 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gossamer on August 15th, 2009, 4:12 pm

Welcome!

Thanks so much Chris for the feedback. It's important to have a lot of 'this is weak' or 'this looses me' because as developers, we know what things are for the most part, but in the presentation, we get completely lost sometimes because we THINK we've been clear when we haven't.

I'd appreciate anything that comes up like that... if you'd post in the Stub Development thread or HD Ticket feedback or just tell one of us. That way we can iron out some of these gaps. In the last three days we've started getting completely new people, and they've been incredibly nice, but I don't want them to have to stumble over concepts or get lost if at all possible!

I'm thrilled your going to give us a try and grateful that your reading the material.

Jen
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Cayenne on August 16th, 2009, 1:32 pm

As I said the other day in chat, welcome to Mizahar. :)
Cayenne
Jungle Queen

Words: 440090
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2009, 3:48 pm
Blog: View Blog (5)
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
One Thousand Posts! (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Colombina on August 16th, 2009, 4:38 pm

Welcome to the game and thanks for the input!
Getting to Know Me

[Insert awesome picture of scantily clad woman and something with wings here]
Feeling very poorly lately, have mercy on your absentee merbadger. (2/20/13)
Colombina
Mizahar's Only Mer-Badger Founder

Words: 632175
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2009, 8:56 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) O RLY Decoration (1)