[Eyktol HQ] Colombina's Quicksand

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Within this forum, all Storytellers of any level may feel free to create their office threads. These threads are then used for active thread lists, XP requests, and other communications that aren't necessarily PM required.

Moderators: Junior Storytellers, Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Scribes, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Colombina on April 27th, 2010, 5:38 am

Welcome to my office!

I call it Quicksand not because I'm fast in replying (nowhere near!) but because you are about to be sucked in and smothered... by all the awesomeness!

First, an analogy on posting with me. I used this in another game and it served me well.

The Fable of Colombina

Sometimes you will be posting with Colombina, and you'll be thinking, "Wow that Colombina sure is something. The kind of mod I could take home to mom. Posts a lot and decent writing!" And Colombina will nod and smile and bake you cupcakes, and you'll think she is the best.

But then one day Colombina will stop returning your PM's in the same day and you will find receipts from dinners she had with her own PC's. And you will say, "Colombina, baby, I thought we had something!"
And she'll say, "You know I still dig you! I'm just hanging out with the girls."

Then comes the day when you realize, Bina hasn't posted in a while and her signature is ominous. You get sad and start leaving her confused PM's asking about the status of your relationship. And Colombina finally says,
"I promise you're still great, but the timing just isn't right for me."

You fume, you gnash your teeth, you wonder why Eyktol ever introduced you to that minx Colombina and swear you're deleting her from your AIM buddies.

But then a few days pass, and you remember the good times you and Colombina had. And lo, she's here again. And she brought cupcakes. Maybe things are gonna work out after all.

~*~
Now talk to me, Playahs. I patiently await your input.

Pending XP Requests

I'm AWESOME
Getting to Know Me

[Insert awesome picture of scantily clad woman and something with wings here]
Feeling very poorly lately, have mercy on your absentee merbadger. (2/20/13)
Colombina
Mizahar's Only Mer-Badger Founder

Words: 632175
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2009, 8:56 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) O RLY Decoration (1)

Postby Colombina on February 21st, 2011, 8:05 pm

SO, You Want a Modded Thread With Colombina?

I moderate threads on a first come first serve basis. If I say “no” it is either because I am too busy or your thread is not suited for moderator intervention… or you made the fatal mistake of asking me to run a training thread ::hisses::. Bina don’t do training threads unless it’s an interesting skill heavily wrapped in narrative.

Steps:

1. Ask me if I have time via PM and give a brief sketch of what you had in mind.

2. After I agree, please have all participants fill this out and return it to me via PM:

You want to set me up on a date with your PC, and I’m really picky. With this scenario in mind, describe him/her/it to me:

Fill in the blank: “I know my PC and my PC would never ___________________”

Tell me something your PC wants right now:

You’ve hired me as a mercenary to “off” your PC. Tell me what I need to know to make my job easier:

Why do you want a thread with me?:

3. Gird your loins and steel your hearts for the onslaught. Or maybe just eat a little more fiber than usual.

Getting to Know Me

Colombina

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Sairque on April 2nd, 2012, 8:13 pm

You want to set me up on a date with your PC, and I’m really picky. With this scenario in mind, describe him/her/it to me:

So there we were, this giant bird fighting through a hurricane of magic released by the god of Chaos with the life of his best friend at stake. Ivak’s magic turned him in a whale, then a pine cone, but he never stopped surfing that storm front. Oh, he went down all right, and he might have stayed there, too weak and deformed to continue on, but another djed-transformed leviathan was hunting him and his comatose passenger down for a little before dinner snack. His love for this measly little redheaded woman rallied enough strength to get him back in the tornado-snapping air, where he stayed through being blinded and having his beak sealed shut, until the storm left him behind and his body no longer responded to neural activity. Sairque, his passenger, wakes up, right, to this horrific transformation. She’s in a landscape she’s never even heard of; sand, what’s sand? She knows trees and ocean. And there’s her best friend, the being that gave her life purpose to serve her people, to spend every waking moment with the responsibility of their survival on her shoulders. There he is, dying, his body shattered. But his mind is what she loves. And she goes after it. A little piece comes away with her when the mental connection finally dies, when his heart finally stops. She’s got him, and it’s made her dumb as a doornail. She needs a little love, a little guidance, but she’s a great gal. Loyal, devoted, hard worker, great sense of humor, really smart (the last two are contingent upon a return to intelligence, but dumb people are fun to play with, too, right? She won’t even hold it against you for making fun of her. She’d make fun of her, too, if she could figure out how.) And she’s wandering around your creepy ghost city, right now, just waiting for you to step out with that tell-tale red rose and beat her over the head with it to let her know you’re the one.

Fill in the blank: “I know my PC and my PC would never think she could make wings out of a dead bird’s feathers…” >.> Yeah, this question would have been a lot easier to answer prior to these circumstances. Oh! okay: “I know my PC and my PC would never murder someone without justification.”

Tell me something your PC wants right now: Potable water

You’ve hired me as a mercenary to “off” your PC. Tell me what I need to know to make my job easier: She’s hasn’t drank more than a skin of water in three days, and has no clue how to survive by herself in the desert. She’s obsessed with protecting Catabasis’s remains, so she’d be willing to fight to the death for that one. And…sometimes she’s willing to put herself into compromising situations to save people if they deserve it. Finally, she really kinda sucks at fighting.

Why do you want a thread with me?: You plugged Eloab in our PMs, promising that "it would be an interesting experience." I trust you, and am excited. Also, you’re a merbadger and I like amphibious mutated mammals.
"Oneday I wished upon a star
And woke up where the clouds are far
Behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me."
Sairque
It's so empty in here

Words: 424341
Joined roleplay: October 7th, 2010, 12:15 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Naama on June 24th, 2012, 12:13 am

EDIT:

Fill in the blank: “I know my PC and my PC would never give up the search for her sister.”

Tell me something your PC wants right now:
To find her father in the hopes that she understands more about herself. She grew up in the mean streets of Falyndar and she was always that "weird kid" who got picked on a lot because of those creepy killik joiner eyes. Maybe she'll fit in visually with the Chaks but culturally? It would be a culture shock that I think would be interesting!

You’ve hired me as a mercenary to “off” your PC. Tell me what I need to know to make my job easier: Magic. Hypnotism to be specific. She is extremely susceptible to hypnotists and it will probably drive her insane someday. Also, she doesn't know the first thing about surviving in the desert, she's a jungle gal!

Why do you want a thread with me?: Because cali pals need to hang sometime, mang. Also I need help finishing this modded thread since Cantrip left. :(

Here it is: http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic16530.html

No rush, thank you!
Naama
Chunki Faguta

Words: 130159
Joined roleplay: February 13th, 2011, 2:53 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Artist (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Colombina on September 14th, 2012, 5:16 pm

Hello, lovely players! September is proving to be a very busy month for me with mt RL volunteer position. I was hoping the rush would be put off for a bit, but the inundation has already begun. I will, regretfully, be scarce. Come November, I will be in fine form again :)

I will try to respond to PM's quickly and if you really want to get a hold of me, try emailing me. Thank you for your patience!

Getting to Know Me

Colombina

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Aello on January 23rd, 2013, 1:44 am

Hi there Bina!

I was hoping you could look at this for me. It's a short solo in which Aello enters the chamber of the present. It's more a learning thread than anything else, and I was hoping you could tell me if there's anything I didn't quite get or need to tweak for when she goes back. Thanks!

<3 Ae

EDIT: This has been graded. Feel free to delete this post.
Last edited by Aello on March 20th, 2013, 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aello
Looking For Answers

Words: 1550591
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2011, 4:52 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Marcus Gray-Dawn on February 26th, 2013, 8:39 pm

Grading Request

Thread= Through The Sands

Players= Marcus Gray-Dawn,Bethsyliss

Timestamp: Summer Day 34, 496AV

Description: Marcus runs across trouble during his pilgrimage through Mizahar. A Dhani he believed his enemy would bring him greater religious understanding.

Requests: The map to the shrine, a lore on Dhani, maybe survival skill.

Thanks I hope you enjoy it. I had to end the thread early because Bethsyliss quit.
Marcus Gray-Dawn
I am a savage, but I am no fool.

Words: 29729
Joined roleplay: February 22nd, 2013, 11:46 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Plotnotes