Winter Calendar and Goals

A list of important events during the season as well as goals for your character.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An inland sea created by Ivak's cataclismic fury during the Valterrian, the Suvan Sea is a major trade route and the foremost hub for piracy in Mizahar. [lore]

Winter Calendar and Goals

Postby Trident on January 24th, 2012, 9:51 pm

Hey guys! I'm terribly sorry this took so long to be put up (I'm more than a month late ;_;), but here is the Calendar for Winter 511. I also included some goals to be completed this season at the bottom; see if you can work them into your threads!

Overview

Winter brings with it a chill to the waters of the Suvan Sea, but little more than that. They are fairly mild here. The Northern Suvan is hit worse than the Southern or Middle, and it is there you will see chunks of ice and have colder water. The wind is the worst problem, and becomes fierce and unusually strong in all regions; storms are reported more often during the winter, too. As an inland sea, the Suvan Sea is prone to freezing over, but it has only done that twice in its history, and it is not that thick even then. Don't be alarmed, for this won't happen during this winter.

Major Events

• 13th: The first snows land in the waters around the shoreline.
  • 25th: The Anchorage Flotilla runs into a storm, and several boats are lost.
  • 32nd: The third ship owned by Zeltivan merchant Marcus Alvide is attacked.
  • 45th: A Nal'lyeo is called by the Oceangem Pod on the Riverfall Port of Entry for refusing to allow them to dock.
  • 52nd: The Nal'lyeo ends.
  • 56th: A motley group is assembled by Alvide to deal with the raiders attacking his ships.
  • 67th: A traveling Charodaen group is killed off the western Falyndar coast; Myrians are suspected.
  • 70th: A large earthquake rocks Falyndar, and disturbs the waters of the Southern Suvan.
  • 89th: Strange forms are seen on the shores of Neemi Isle by various Svefra pods.

Goals

Here are a couple of goals for your characters to complete during this entire season, so this includes January plus February. I'm still getting this worked out, but finish all the goals before Spring rolls in, and you'll get an award of some kind! (Svefra are free to disregard the one marked "Non-Svefra only", and vice versa with non-Svefra.)

Also, feel free to play around with the goals a bit; they're open for interpretation.

• Get into a fight
  • Sail into a storm
  • EITHER: Experiment with magic and have it go wrong, OR encounter a evil/overgiven magic user.
  • Give up/lose something precious
  • Visit a local landmark (as in, a written-up location; easiest would probably be the Anchorage Flotilla)
  • Barter with a Svefra (PC or NPC -- Non-Svefra only) This is no longer a goal. Feel free to ignore it.
  • Participate in the Nal'lyeo (Svefra only) This is no longer a goal. Feel free to ignore it.
  • Learn a new skill
  • Train a skill in several (2-3) solos

Development ThreadDS OfficeSuvan SeaSuvan Sea Lore

---

Accepting more moderated threads now on a limited basis. PM me for more information.
Trident
Welcome to no man's land

Words: 105060
Joined roleplay: November 19th, 2011, 3:58 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)