PC Plotnotes [Alric Wilmot]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum is an OOC forum for PCS and Organizations to work out plans in hardcopy. Each PC or Organization gets a single thread where their players can help work out plans for their PC. Quests, mini-sagas, and Trips can all be organized here as well working out timelines and points of travel and things PCs need to do along the way. Each PC however gets only one Plotnote for their individual PC. Groups get one as well. There is no limit on individuals posting saga or trip plotnote threads. Please denote [PC Plotnotes] or [Group Plotnotes] or [Quest/Trip/Saga Plotnotes] when titling your threads.

Postby Alric Wilmot on January 30th, 2012, 5:16 pm

Alric Wilmot’s Plot notes

IC Character Goals

• Become a Master Hypnotist
  • Become Competent with a sword or spear
  • Discover who his real parents are/ find Kinneas and discuss recent vision
  • Become Competent with Reimancy
  • Discover where his adopted father is
  • Reestablish the Family Name

OOC Goals/wishes for PC

• Become a member of the Ebonstryfe
  • Become Master at some other magical discipline
  • Become Master persuader
  • Become Expert at Subterfuge
  • Join the Womiyu
  • Find out Alvin Wilmot was killed by Zith
  • Have him prejudiced against all Zith as a result
  • Reuniting thread with Wrenmae
  • Have him try to re-gain Wilmot fortune
  • Get a job in the clergy

Things Alric is Unaware of, but Will Learn in Time

• Alric is the bastard child of the Avian family, and Kinneas is his half-brother

note: This means that it has been accomplished
Last edited by Alric Wilmot on October 2nd, 2013, 2:42 am, edited 10 times in total.
"I'm Speaking"
"I'm speaking and using hypnosis"
I'm implanting thoughts using hypnosis
I have implanted an Obsession
Alric Wilmot
The Last Wilmot

Words: 375060
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2011, 12:05 am
Blog: View Blog (7)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)

Alric's Values

Postby Alric Wilmot on June 9th, 2012, 6:32 pm

Alric's Values

Honesty: Though Alric's definition of honesty is a bit skewed, he holds it as a very important trait. He no longer abhors lies, but in his estimation, lies should only be used sparingly. This leads to Alric having a half-hearted devotion to honesty. He does not lie often, but even when telling the truth will skirt details, and avoid speaking when he wishes to deceive.

Cleverness:
Perhaps far more true to Alric's nature is his appraisal of cleverness. Due to the fact that Alric worships the god of trickery, he sees cleverness as one of the highest virtues. Through cleverness, one can misdirect and cast an invisible illusion of sorts. One need not lie, only manipulate which questions are asked. This is a sign of cleverness. As much as Alric despises liars, he praises the clever.

Resourcefulness:
Related to cleverness, and an extension of Alric's worship of Ionu. It is the ability to deal with problems. But it is not just that. It is the ability to solve problems creatively and effectively. To use the limited resources granted to you, and use them for a great gain.

Family:
An anomaly in Alric's values, but not unexpected. Alric bases many of his values on his two favored deities, but others came from his father. Alric was raised by his adopted father in a nebulous and dangerous world. In a city that constantly changed, and in a world where friends died everyday, Alric's father was a constant.

Alric held a deep respect for the man, and did his best to help him as he grew older. Through him, Alric learned many important life lessons. Not the least of which is to support your family despite detriment to yourself. Which Alvin Wilmot did daily, to allow Alric a relatively great life.

Wisdom:
An extension of Alric's faith in Eyris. Though Alric attempts to learn whenever able, he does not do this solely for accumulated knowledge. Indeed, knowledge without practical application is useless. That, however, is where wisdom comes in. Wisdom is applied knowledge. And in truth, Alric's greatest goal. Everything he does is to further his own wisdom.

As such, he has little respect for those with little wisdom. It does not particularly matter if you know a lot. Just so long as you effectively apply what you do know, Alric is most likely to respect you. To Alric, it is almost an unforgivable sin to know something, and not apply it appropriately.

Resolve:
Alric is very impulsive, despite this, he feels a certain obligation to carry out whatever goal he has declared he will accomplish. He likes things to be solid. He may not agree with your ethics, but if you up and change your values on him, just to be more accommodating, he will be very offended. He feels as if everyone should stick with what they claim to uphold.

Even if it leads to destruction, Alric will follow through on his words. This is an extension of his Honesty. Flawed as it is, he tries to uphold it as best he can.

Charisma: Unique among Alric's values, in that it is not a virtue, but trait. Despite that, Alric values charisma for many reasons. First and foremost, it is this trait that births leaders. He finds it hard to follow the lead of someone who lacks charisma, and would rather take charge himself. He believes that he is charismatic, though whether he truly is or not can be debated. Though it cannot be denied that he has a certain force of character.

This trait comes from his father, who was not charismatic at all. He was looked down upon by others for his 'weak' personality. Alric, not wanting to be ignored and not wishing to be looked down upon, intentionally feigned a charismatic air when he was younger. This was to divert attention away from his father, to allow him reprieve from the cold looks of others.

Devotion:
Very similar to resolve, but not quite the same. Devotion is, in its essence, loyalty. It is what tethers Alric to his family, rather than blood. It is what ties him to Ionu and Eyris, however loosely. It is this trait that allows a man to be more than himself, and become a part of something greater.

Someone who does not show devotion, to anything, is wasting his talent on only himself.

Responsibility: Even if Alric appraises those who are clever, resourceful, and devoted, he recognizes that these can be exploited. Honesty, too, sometimes gets one into trouble. Regardless, one must face the consequences of one's actions. Alric holds that this is a needed trait in all, even if one might be called cowardly, they should embrace their fate.

This value came from his father, who often taught that life was like Alvadas. You never knew what was behind the next corner, but once you were there you had to deal with it. There was no going back.

Dedication: A parallel to Devotion. Rather than be Devoted to a person, however, Dedication is to a cause. This, for the most part, is something Alric only values outside of himself. He has no real dedication. Not truly. Though he often thinks his goal, to learn everything, is a dedicated one, in truth he does little to pursue it.

Though, perhaps that is why he admires it in others. He cannot truly dedicate himself to an abstract, and so thinks highly of those that can. It does not help matters when one realizes that Ionu is more abstract than concrete. Though Alric conveniently tries to ignore this.
"I'm Speaking"
Alric Wilmot
The Last Wilmot

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Alric Wilmot on September 1st, 2013, 8:58 pm

Travel Plans

Alric is heading to Ravok from Alvadas on the 50th of Summer, and will arrive in Ravok on the 50th of Fall. Here's how!

Alvadas to Syliras=1375 miles

This is by boat. Average speed for a ship in the 14th to 17th century was 12 knots/ ~13 mph

so, 1375/13=105 105/24= ~4 days

Now, from Syliras to Nyka= (not on distance chart) so, let’s take a good guess.

Syliras to Ravok=1750 miles. It seems that Syliras is as far away from Nyka as Alvadas, so we’ll go 1375 here. That leaves 375 miles from Nyka to Ravok.

about 30 miles per day on Horse back with a guide to show the way.

so, 1375/30= ~45 days to reach Nyka.

now, lets do the same for the remaining 375 miles.

375/30= ~12 days.

so, we add these up and we get 4+45+12= 61 days.

61 days in perfect weather, and conditions. But we know that is never the case.

So, we’ll add a few days to deal with exhaustion, hunger, thirst, and bad weather. Say, 30 days?

well, what do you know! 91 days, exactly one season!
"I'm Speaking"
Alric Wilmot
The Last Wilmot

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Alric is a Sociopath

Postby Alric Wilmot on November 20th, 2013, 3:03 am

Sociopaths are usually extremely charming and charismatic. Their personalities are described as magnetic, and as such, they generate a lot of attention and praise from others. Sociopaths are great orators. They usually use poetic language and are able to carry on long monologues or stories that are hypnotic and capture the attention of those around them. Sociopaths have delusions of grandeur, and oftentimes feel overly entitled to certain positions, people, and things. They believe that their own beliefs and opinions are the absolute authority, and disregard the opinions of others. Sociopaths are rarely shy, insecure, or at a loss for words. They have trouble suppressing emotional responses like anger, impatience, or annoyance, and constantly lash out at others and respond hastily to these emotions. Sociopaths are incapable of experiencing guilt or shame for their actions. They rarely apologize for their behavior, and are unaware of the emotional, physical, and financial repercussions of their actions. As a result, they betray, threaten, and harm those around them without feeling any type of remorse. Sociopaths are manipulative. They constantly try to influence and dominate the people around them, and tend to seek positions of leadership. Sociopaths are incapable of experiencing love, and likely will not have had healthy romantic relationships in the past. They are only concerned with their own interests, and use compassion as a tool to manipulate others, but are not genuinely compassionate.
"I'm Speaking"
Alric Wilmot
The Last Wilmot

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets