Ndale Soromund

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Ndale Soromund

Postby Ndale Soromund on February 8th, 2012, 6:44 am

Ndale Soromund

Human Form :

Basic Information

Race: Kelvic (Peahen)
Birthday & Age : Season of Summer, Day 82, Year 505AV (Six Years Old)

Languages

Language 1: Kontinese--Fluent
Language 2: Common--Basic
Language 3: Fratava--Poor

Physical Description

Animal
In her animal form Ndale is an albino peahen. Like all breed of this particular bird, she has lengthy feathers, though much shorter than her male counter parts. Her feathers a soft, while her feet are rough an scale patterned, much like a chickens. She carries a small tuft of feathers on her head and her neck is relatively long, but stout looking while her body is thicker, again, much like a chickens.

Height: 2 1/2 ft

Weight: 7lbs

As this strange and odd bird she cannot soar through the sky but unlike her male counterpart, which can barely fly at all, she is able to cover smaller distances for a short amount of time. Although, it would not be very high up, perhaps twenty feet or less.

Human
Her human form carries much of her animal forms similarities. Still an albino she has a shock of pure white hair, kept short and neat, just as her tail feathers are. Her eyes stay the same bright red as well, the shocking contrast against her near translucent skin.

Ndale is a tad waif like in body, with young rounded features all around, she looks to be roughly 16-19 but has only lived for six years. She stands at tallest at 5’4 and weighs 115lbs.

She has no scars or tattoos as of yet.

Medical Conditions
Ndale is very sensitive to light, long exposure can make her severely ill. At which point she can get 'spots' or an angry looking red rash.

Completely colorblind she can only see in shades of gray (each of which she has meticulously memorized and matched to a color through careful trial and error).

Her left eye also has a strange habit of moving constantly, she cannot control it nor stop it and she generally does not realize she has it, unless it becomes more agitated than usually, at which point it can impair her vision.

She has seen physicians before but they are unable to tell her the cause, they assume it may have something to do with her albinism.

Character Concept

Personality
ImageNdale is relatively normal young human women, for a Kelvic that is. Never having been bonded and always on the move as if searching for something, most of what she knows is observation, not actual experience. Thereby she is more analytical and logical than empathetic and sympathetic, that is not to say she won’t try, she is a people pleaser by nature. She is a quick thinker and just a quick to take action. She is cheerful enough, mostly seen smiling unless she is particularly stumped or upset, though the latter is less likely.

For all her more logical mannerisms, she is strangely a mother hen type of person. She will ensure that everyone does what they need to be comfortable and seems to enjoy taking care of those who need help.

She is not an inherently cruel being, though she can harm people with her logical and unemotional replies (all while wearing a smile), she takes no pleasure in harming others, it does disgust her. And if she herself is to harms someone, she did not mean to but neither will she apologize or feel guilt for it.

Needless to say she is a bit more than socially awkward and tends to say things without realizing the implications, much like a child who does not yet know not to ask why 'that mans teeth are yellow'.

Still young though, this is all subject to evolving and changing. She is learning from experience and becoming more sympathetic and empathetic but it is hard learning and her enjoyment of books saps much of the time she could be spending with other people or animals. She still cannot fully process her own emotions and tends to look things up rather than go with them so it is a slow process.

Morals
In a way, Ndale lacks a moral compass but that is not the case. Whatever she deems is necessary, is necessary.

For example, self-preservation in a sense of 'you' or 'them', obviously you chose yourself unless it is someone you deeply care for (though she does not deeply care for anyone or thing yet). So she would see nothing wrong with killing for food (animal food chain) or defense. But she is not cruel or searching to cause others harm, in fact, that digusts her.

Ethics
Ndale understands right and wrong, justice and mercy but she does not believe in them. She honestly only follows whatever 'right' and 'wrong' go with where she lives because she understands the need for the particular system and how it will keep that society functioning. That, of course, does not mean she will always follow it nor will she think much it if she disobeys the laws.

• New things
  • Sour foods

Dislikes
  • Overly dramatic people

Random Extras
  • No sense of direction
  • No sense of personal space
  • Lacks common sense
  • Enjoys the water but cannot swim

Character History
ImageNdale has lived an amusing life, to say the least.

Sired from a Hawk Kelvic and a Rat Kelvic neither of her parents were quite sure what to make of their child or what to do with her. So, for the most part, they left her alone. The raised her until she could survive on her own after which point they left her off with the nearest humans they could find. It was then, after her first year that she met her first human on her own, an older Konti woman in need of a friend and helper. They worked well together and Ndale grew to care for the woman, doting and watching her like one would a child but for some reason they could not bond, whatever the reason it was most likely for the best because her caretaker died within two years.

With nothing left to keep her on Mura Ndale took the first ship out and succeeded in getting hopelessly lost, first ending up in Nyka then Syliras, neither of which were happy with her. In the end she managed to hitch a rides via trade routes and landed herself back in Mura, much to her chagrin. And once more she set out to leave the isle, this time stopping off at Zeltiva a season or three after her fifth year.

Through all her exploration Ndale has not earned many friends nor has she really adapted to anywhere, instead, hiding in plain sight and generally trying to flee from wherever she is at. Zeltiva seems to be the first place she has gotten comfortable, though for how long she will actually stay is unknown.

Training

Lore of...

Skills
Skill Earned SP/RB Total
Intelligence -- 17 17
Tracking 1 -- 1
Investigation 1.1 -- 2
Rhetoric 1 5 6
Hunting 1 10 11
Philosphy -- 5 5
Observation 1, 1, 2 5 9
Intimidation 1 -- 1
Seduction 2 -- 2
Herbalism 1 -- 1
Cryptography 3 5 8
Meteor Hammer (Weapon) 3 8 11
Acrobatics -- 5 5
Meditation 1 -- 1
Body Building 2 -- 2
Running 2 -- 2
Swimming 1 -- 1
Organization 1 -- 1

Equipment and Possessions

Equipment
  • Flint & Steel
  • Water skin
  • Food for a week
  • Soap
  • Eating Knife

Possessions
  • Meteor Hammer (Hierloom)
  • Leather gloves
  • Sturdy boots
  • Wool pants
  • Cotton jacket
  • Cotton tunic
  • Comb
  • Brush
  • Razor
  • Backpack
  • Book: Birds of the Zeltiva Region
  • One quill
  • Blank book
  • 2 vials of ink

Ledger
Spent Earned Total
-- 100gm 100gm
5gm (Leather gloves) -- 95gm
45gm (Winter Living Expense--Poor) -- 50gm
3gm (Book, blank) -- 47gm
2gm (2 ink vials) -- 45gm
5cm (Quill) -- 44gm.0sm.95cm

Thread List

511AV
Completed :
Season Day Link Graded/Pending
Winter 21st The Art of Breaking and Entering [Elem Bree] Graded
Winter 30th You cannot read without a full stomach! (Solo) Graded
Winter 40th How not to use rope (Solo) Graded
Winter 61st The Fortune Teller (Open Social Thread) Continued in another thread
Winter 61st The Curious Kelvic and the Nosy Nuit Graded

Incomplete :
Season Day Link Graded/Pending
Winter 10th [Library] A Thief Amongst The Books [Open] Abandoned
Winter 17th [Location--The Docks]Twenty Questions[Siarak] NA
Winter 25th [Kelp Bar]People Drink This .... (Open) Abandoned
Winter 86th You're a What? (Eorar) NA
Winter 91st Don't drink the beer [Idue] Abdandoned

512AV
Complete :
Season Day Link Graded
Spring 1st Curiosity killed the cat...(Solo) ~Part One~ Graded

Incomplete :
Season Day Link Graded
Spring 1st [Infirmary]The Tide Rises High(Open - injured/ med students) NA
Spring 10th What it means to be human NA
Spring 21st Every Bit Helps (Open) NA
Spring 23rd The Lady of Death NA
Spring 24th Rite by the sea. [Open] Abandoned
Spring 71st Paper Monay [Open] NA

Flashbacks
Year Season Day Link In/Complete
509AV Summer 4th [Flashback]Once upon a time...[Nai'shee] Complete (Pending Grading)
Last edited by Ndale Soromund on May 3rd, 2012, 4:26 pm, edited 27 times in total.
Ndale Soromund
Curiouser and Curiouser...

Words: 84822
Joined roleplay: February 8th, 2012, 4:09 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Ndale Soromund

Postby Ndale Soromund on February 12th, 2012, 4:57 am

Ndale's House

The Outside: The storm that ripped through Zeltiva did extensive damage to many structures and while most cottages were relatively unscathed, Ndale's was not so lucky. A tree, tall, old and not very sturdy was slanted on the hills behind her house. The water logged city, thanks to the tidal wave, loosened the soil and the harsher than usual winds ripped it out at the roots and landed neatly on her roof. Thankfully the cottages are stone otherwise her entire house would have one side gone, alas only her wooden roof was gone. A large gaping hole where it should be, splintered and obviously a wreck.

The inside: With her roof gone she now has a flood of light even on the dimmest day, well, her roof isn't actually gone; it sits in the center of her room. besides her lack of coverage over her head the room was left relatively untouched, her things still stuffed beneath her bed. Her hearth suffered only the damaged of having wood planks lodged in it, her bunk, chest, chair, and small table still sit in the room, pushed to one side.
Last edited by Ndale Soromund on March 19th, 2012, 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ndale Soromund

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Ndale Soromund

Postby Ndale Soromund on February 12th, 2012, 10:39 am

Would you like to know more?

General Information :
1. What is your Name?
2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name? Ndai, Dale, Nda
3. How old are you? Six.
4. What is your height? 5'4
5. What is your weight? 115lbs

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself.
2. Describe yourself as others typically see you.
3. What is your favorite body feature?
4. How physically fit are you?
5. How do you typically dress and what is your style?

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like?
2. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
3. What is your extended family like?
4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family?
5. Do you treat animals like family?

2. Where do you live now? Zeltiva
3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be? I do not know. But I know where I would not go.
4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time? The library.
5. Where do you fear to be?

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?) I have many, I am colorblind, my left eye moves on it's own and staying in the light makes me ill.
2. Are you right handed or left handed? Ambidextrous.
3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent? Kontinese, Common, which is not by choice only becuase it is nearly everywhere and Fratava because it's complicated and amusing. I sound like a female? And I would not know.
4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics? Again, I have many. But I do not feel like listing them all.
5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them)? Why would I inflict pain upon myself for a picture? Or a shiny piece of metal?

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation? I do not have one.
2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why?
3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be?
4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why?
5. What occupation do you lest like? Why?

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you?
2. What is your favorite memory from childhood?
3. What is your worst memory from childhood?
4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents?
5. Who was your most influential rolemodel?

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have?
2. Do you like/dislike learning?
3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities?
4. How do you learn best?
5. What are your educational goals for the future?

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not? No. People do not seem to care for me much, I can see why but it is neither my concern no problem, though I admit, many of them fascinate me! I want to know as much as I can about them but after that they may leave.
2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not?
3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else?
4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time.
5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time.

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time. Once and I will not, under any circumstances repeat it! It was horrible. I emptied my stomach everywhere and could not remember a thing from the previous day.
2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis?
3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer?
4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them?
5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies? Reading, Cryptography, People watching.
2. Do you like to read?
3. What annoys you more than anything else? Being ignored.
4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do?
5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why?

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors?
2. What is your favorite time of day?
3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?
4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat?
5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you?

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic?
2. What are your religious views?
3. Would you be able to kill?
4. What are your views on sex?
5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life?

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done?
2. What is your greatest regret?
3. What is your best/worst memory?
4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why?
5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life?

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others?
2. Do you have any biases or prejudices?
3. What makes you happy?
4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for?
5. What makes you angry?

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others?
2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?
4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover.
5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?
4. Do you care what others think of you?
5. What do you think of others, in general?

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person?
2. What is your greatest weakness?
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
5. Are you generally organized or messy?

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any?
2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any?
3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them?
4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity?
5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much?

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for?
2. What is the best part of life?
3. What is the best part of death?
4. If you could choose, how would you want to die?
5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?
Ndale Soromund

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes