[The Stranger's Welcome] Made of Ice [Talen Stirling]

Chilly outside the bar, chilly within.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A village cut off from the rest of Mizahar by the Valterrian, slowly reestablishing contact with the outside world.

Postby Sela on December 26th, 2011, 11:41 pm

Sela gave a little, tinkling laugh as Talen kissed her on the cheek, the warmth of his lips stinging her cold flesh ever so slightly. She didn't indulge in such maidenly endeavors usually, of course, but why half-ass the acting? She didn't do anything halfway.

"Very good." she purred, leaning back. She glanced sideways across the bar, her target having fallen conspicuously silent. "I think we got them convinced, all right." she murmured triumphantly.

"Trust me, Talen, you get a lot of stranger offerings outside of Denval." This time, her laugh was genuine, her eyes glazed with some amusing memory. She returned in time to see Talen wipe his brow, and a frown flickered across her face. She didn't say anything until his curiosity brewed forth, though.

"Me? I make ends meet." Her shrug was obviously trying to stave off Talen's questions as to her past. "I do odd jobs, really. I have some skill in...reading people." A smile tugged at her lips again. "But, then again, where I usually make my abode not many others live in." she frankly admitted.

"A companion? What kind of companion do you mean? Traveling? Romantic?" she nudged him in the side, her flesh as cold as always. "I have neither - now, that is. In times past..." she trailed off. Her mind was gone again, musing on some other time. "I...left them." she muttered under her breath.

"What about you? Do you have any...companions of your own?" She smiled wolfishly, the vestiges of the frown that had been slowly appearing vanishing in a single moment.
Sela
Perfectly Imperfect

Words: 26232
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2011, 4:08 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet

Postby Talen Stirling on December 28th, 2011, 10:31 pm

He cocked his head and looked at her with a puzzled expression, her veiled answers and vague words only causing him wonder. Her smile seemed to hold secrets, and what skill was "reading people"? For a moment he felt almost distrustful, but more so confused when she told him she made her home where others did not live. Did she travel in the wilds? She didn't quite look the part, and even if looks could be deceiving he suddenly had some instinct telling him it was not the only thing.

At her question if it was one of the other, he shrugged indifferently. Both were interesting and a lover could just as well be a traveler. If he had meant a traveling companion when he asked, the answer to the unspoken question was at least as interesting. She looked disturbed though, and for a moment he felt concerned that he had put her ill at ease. Who had she left, and why...?

His questions and line of thought was abruptly cut off by Sela's, and he looked away momentarily with a blank stare, only to turn around to face her and smile after an instant. His smile was as seemingly calm and collected at hers was wolvish, although under the surface his mind recollected itself quickly to provide the kind of answer he always gave when asked about her.

"I have a little family in town and some friends. I used to.. Be engaged, but something went wrong."

He choked on the last bit, and winced momentarily as a truth he hadn't intended to voice came over his lips. He still smiled though, but there was a bitter twist to it, visible even without magical sight.

"How do you ... Read people?" He blurted out the question a little suddenly, not in a loud voice but quickly. Perhaps she would still inquire about what had transpired, but he prayed a silent prayer that he would be allowed to change the topic. He might have brought it upon himself, but he dreaded those memories even more than those which were not his own.
Talen Stirling
"What the petch...!?"

Words: 173032
Joined roleplay: May 30th, 2011, 11:07 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Sela on January 2nd, 2012, 10:23 pm

As Talen collected himself, the wolfish smile died on Sela's face. Her hand fiddled with the corner of the table, exploring every crevice and deformity as though distracting herself. She seemed lost in her own thoughts, as though she had raised up a shield against the world for a moment to recollect herself. She was as silent as Talen was for that moment, and she returned just as speedily as he. If he was watching while he turned back to her, however, he would notice the sadness in her eyes as she looked over him.

"I...see." where the only words that came from the usually-flippant mouth as he spoke of family, not even daring to cross over that unseen barrier of his. She gave his smile a wry one of her own, settling back into her seat and watching him out of the corner of his eye.

His blurted question raised her smile once more, a faint tracery of intrigue apparent on her curved lips. "That's a secret of mine," she said as she cocked a brow, "And where we be without our secrets?"

"Suffice to say...I have my ways." Another quirk of the lips preceded her next words, "and those ways are not available at the moment."
Sela
Perfectly Imperfect

Character sheet

Postby Talen Stirling on January 14th, 2012, 1:48 pm

Talen twisted in his seat, trying to find safety in the wooden panels, which was surprisingly difficult with the warm heat of degtine replaced by half-spilled secrets. Her rethorical question shut him up for a moment, gray eyes inspecting her warily. Sure, he was curious about her secrets. But would he be willing to spill his own to learn them?

"Oh? Why not?" He glanced longingly after a tray of drinks passing by but snapped back to attention abruptly when she spoke or moved. One benefit of the lack of drink was his clarity of mind, although it seemed to bring little but wonder. Did she know some kind of magic, or could she simply read people's words and gestures better than most? She still looked so tired, with dark bags under her eyes. As if she were fatigued from journeys longer and harder than any he himself had taken.

OOCI am sorry about the delay. I have been moving, and life at where I live now is extremely busy! I fear I will find it hard to keep up speed, but I'll try as best I can. Please bear with me.
Talen Stirling
"What the petch...!?"

Words: 173032
Joined roleplay: May 30th, 2011, 11:07 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Sela on February 18th, 2012, 10:05 pm

Sela leaned back and took a long swig from the degtine in her loose grasp. Knotted words followed a heartbear later; "Because, darling, then I would have lost my mystique. And where would I be without that?" Sela attempted a chuckle, and when she failed another gulp of degtine was swallowed.

A hand rose to wrestle with the bridge of her nose as the fiery liquid roared within her. "If you want me to tell you something, I'm afraid you'll have to tell me something about yourself first. And no idiotic little facts, or I'll give you one in return."

"No...if you want to know something personal about me, tell me something personal about yourself." Eyes were opened, and their dark depths seemed to stare into the very recesses of Talen's soul. "It's your choice."
Sela
Perfectly Imperfect

Character sheet

Previous