Drykas help

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Drykas help

Postby Jason Alexander on March 3rd, 2010, 7:05 pm

So i have been on in a few days because i have creting my player. well i have a ?. would a drykas start with a horse plus another inheirdince(sp)?
"Jason Speaking in Common" "Jason Speaking in Nadar-Canoch" "Other People Speaking"
Jason Alexander
Creator of the Cure

Words: 63344
Joined roleplay: February 2nd, 2010, 2:49 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Re: Drykas help

Postby Rhylen on March 3rd, 2010, 7:14 pm

If you read the Starting Package carefully, especially the section pertaining to Housing, you'll find your answer. Pay special attention to the second option. :)
Rhylen
Spirit Shaman Initiate

Words: 37571
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2009, 5:56 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Donor (1)

Postby Gossamer on March 3rd, 2010, 7:24 pm

Family Heirlooms should be around 50 GM or less... so a horse as a family heirloom wouldn't exactly work unless its a really small pony or something of that effect. Dogs work well, but otherwise, if you want a second horse, you can purchase one at start with some of your starting money. Being a Drykas, you'd probably want a Strider, but most likely the second horse purchase, no matter what type, would mean your flat broke starting the game.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Jason Alexander on March 5th, 2010, 6:49 pm

okay thanks i just finished my history so i figured it out
"Jason Speaking in Common" "Jason Speaking in Nadar-Canoch" "Other People Speaking"
Jason Alexander
Creator of the Cure

Words: 63344
Joined roleplay: February 2nd, 2010, 2:49 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Donor (1)

Postby Fallan Windchaser on March 31st, 2010, 1:17 pm

Gossamer wrote:Dogs work well, but otherwise, if you want a second horse, you can purchase one at start with some of your starting money. Being a Drykas, you'd probably want a Strider, but most likely the second horse purchase, no matter what type, would mean your flat broke starting the game.

Now I have a question about this. The whole choosing of a rider by a Strider and thus the gaining of windmarks would seem to me to be a powerful thing and worthy of being RPed out. Striders however seem to be allowed (in the sense they are not excluded as the Sungolds and warhorses are) as a starting package item. Are Striders and windmarks allowed in the starting package (in which case I ought to consider adjusting my CS to include these) or not?
Fallan Windchaser
Rider in the dark

Words: 231014
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2009, 12:46 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Gossamer on March 31st, 2010, 3:35 pm

Yes, they are very much allowed. Its nice to include a history of how/when your strider picked you but its not necessary.
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Drykas help

Postby Tyuru on April 11th, 2010, 4:36 pm

Hi, I'm new and I've been trying to develop my character, but what kind of clothing do Drykas wear? I don't want my character to be extremely conspicuous, so if somebody could give me the basics of the kind of clothing they might wear, that'd be really nice :) If I'm right, it has a kind of Medieval/Celtic theme? Yeah, just a point in the right direction would help a lot. I'm really enthusiastic about this! :D
I apologise profusely to anybody who may have been in a roleplay with me that I kind of started ignoring or that I haven't been answering. I haven't been on Mizahar in the last couple of months (not by my own choice, though!!). I think Tyuru needs some major character revision because I have been completely insensitive to people who have actually been through what she's experienced. I'm taking some time out to make her character more realistic and less insulting. Sorry again, and thanks.
Tyuru
...with so many things to be, who can decide?

Words: 49876
Joined roleplay: April 11th, 2010, 4:00 pm
Character sheet

Drykas help

Postby Gossamer on April 11th, 2010, 4:46 pm

They do a lot of riding so unless they aren't on the move, lots of britches - even the girls, and tunics - comfortable loose fitting clothing with lots of embroidery on it... they prefer knotwork designs at the sleeves and throat, sometimes down the side of the legs. The women will wear skirts in camp, or around their pavilions, but they are fully culturally acceptable to be found in pants.
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Drykas help

Postby Tyuru on April 11th, 2010, 5:23 pm

Ah, okay. :) Thanks so much, this'll really help. I have excellent ideas already (well, excellent in my opinion!). Thanks again.
I apologise profusely to anybody who may have been in a roleplay with me that I kind of started ignoring or that I haven't been answering. I haven't been on Mizahar in the last couple of months (not by my own choice, though!!). I think Tyuru needs some major character revision because I have been completely insensitive to people who have actually been through what she's experienced. I'm taking some time out to make her character more realistic and less insulting. Sorry again, and thanks.
Tyuru
...with so many things to be, who can decide?

Words: 49876
Joined roleplay: April 11th, 2010, 4:00 pm
Character sheet