[Flotilla] The sea people be fishy (Liandra)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An inland sea created by Ivak's cataclismic fury during the Valterrian, the Suvan Sea is a major trade route and the foremost hub for piracy in Mizahar. [lore]

[Flotilla] The sea people be fishy (Liandra)

Postby Bob Barton on February 29th, 2012, 3:09 am

21st day of Winter 511 AV

This was probably not going to be as common to Bob as it was to the captain of the ship he was on and even if it was, it was not going to be something that Bob would get used to. He actually took pride with his heritage, that he was from Zeltiva where all the smart people and master shipwrights were. Then, it was nothing for him to spend a whole day at the docks when he just enjoyed himself with a good conversation, gamble or just looking at the ships which passed by. All that was nothing compared to the sight of so many other ships that were being tied together. He could even forget the fact that these were all not as well made as the ones in Zeltiva. "Let's go and have a look Jinsen" because he would never know when he will be taking the journey back.

Anyone could see that Bob was a real tourist with the way that he was just standing and watching the other people walk on the boat because he did not know if he had permission to get on another ship. Right until one of the other people on the ship he was on told him that in the Flotilla, he could. "Should've told me earlier but thanks mate" he said as he hopped off the boat along with Jinsen. Now where should he go... The place did not look like it followed any system for the boats and "I have to find the stores on the ships?" That was going to be a lot of fun. "It'll be like a treasure hunt Jinsen." One mostly full of clothes and food but there was enough of those in the ship to last the entire trip.

However after a while Bob and Jinsen reached a very nice looking ship which advertised it was a store of wondrous items. He of course went in to see what he could find that was not its shifty looking store keeper. The type which reminded him of those found in Ravok and Sunberth. "Just looking around..." he told the man as he went through what was for sale. All very interesting but none he would want to use except for a spring blade which somehow was on display. He did not know why he would actually want one since he already had his own, even if it was modified for its own special use until he thought "wait...I might actually use this. How much?" he asked as he started thinking of what he is going to use it for.

"I'm not going giving you my dog!" What was that man, crazy? Drunk more like it but even there that should not be enough for him to give the suggestion that "I don't care if dogs taste good." When the shopkeeper finally looked properly to see that Bob was not one of the svefra he changed and asked for "mizas, not you're talking my language" that had no cultural barriers. Quickly giving the money Bob left with his purchase and Jinsen which he made sure was as far away from this weird person as possible before walking on the ships. "What can I find next..." he asked himself as he started fooling around with the spring blade to see if it was working as well as he wanted it to.
Bob Barton
Player

Words: 1121818
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2011, 12:21 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)