[Xelhes' Scrapbook] Waste Not

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Nayana on March 6th, 2012, 10:32 pm

This has happened far to many times to my cat. I use to think he might just be challenged, which I still think he is for different reasons, but apparently many cats think like this. Cat logic: it never fails to impress.

Secret :

Shake shake shake shake shake shake shake; do tha' booty shake!

Secret :

As adorable as I find this to be, I cannot help but notice the cat's look of 'I hate you and will murder you in your sleep you bastard.' Adorable, but who ever was the fool that put that on the cat is probably dead now. May they rest in peace.

Secret :

I am sure I have a similar look on my face when I am on a swing too. I love swings, it is like temporary flight only safer if you do not go too high and do not lean forward, I learned those both the hard way.

Secret :

I do not care what anyone says, this is just adorable and civilized. After seeing this gif I cannot help but wish people would wave back to me, let alone as enthusiastically as that bear. Fricken adorable.

Secret :

Yes I know, there was not that many animals posted this time but I was only really looking at animal pictures to help my brain rest. As many can tell I made an alt as I feel that I can finally handle more than one character, and I want to also play one of the lesser played races. I think Symenestra PCs are rare at least...either way I am looking forward to RPing as Nayana and discovering what it is like playing a character that is a complete opposite of Xelhes in most regards. It should be loads of fun and my muse for her is surprisingly in overdrive which means I can see myself churning out threads with her like no tomorrow.

Last edited by Nayana on March 9th, 2012, 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nayana
Player

Words: 6004
Joined roleplay: February 23rd, 2012, 3:29 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Xelhes on March 8th, 2012, 8:12 pm

It happened today, one of those illusive things that is so rare find now a day. It may be due to my severe problem of being exhausted and extremely tired but I had an actual great day today, no bad things happening that could not be over looked, and a crap load of good things. I am sure everyone can appreciate such a day as I am going to assume I am far from the only person who has bad days, let alone what seems to be a crap load of bad days that do not seem to end.

Aside from my two hour cat nap that occurred moments ago, I have no slept since yesterday which was only a few hours rest at about 9-3ish(?) I believe. Due to this my brain is mushy but I am in a far less cynical mood than normal and everything is pretty funny. Alright, so to stay alive for today I had coffee this morning, which while nasty as hell is incredibly helpful, and on my way to said coffee the door was held for me, twice. This hardly ever happens, let alone from complete strangers so to say that I am ecstatic this is an understatement as you learn to greatly appreciate the little pleasantries once no one follows them. I even got complimented, though I am almost positive it was suppose to be an offensive, sarcastic compliment but for my own sake I like to pretend it was a legit one.

Now on my way to my Psych midterm I quickly noticed one thing as well; it is effing warm outside and finally feels a little like Spring. This drastic change in weather has boosted my mood by infinite levels as I love warm weather almost as much as cats, which is a dangerous thing. The midterm itself was also wonderful because it was only 56 questions of easy questions though since I forgot an eraser I screwed myself over a few times. After an enjoyable midterm that contained zero essays (thank effing god) I returned to my room only to be asked if I wanted to go down for lunch with some of my floor mates. This is another huge highlight for me because I am hardly ever asked to hang out or eat with anyone, let alone in a public setting, unless it was for dinner where I would be used as a 'table guard' so no one would take their table. Again it may seem small but to me this is a huge step forward.

Also, I came across a random cat today and was able to pet it. Instant happiness points. The only real bad part of today was my cat nap making things worse since now I just want to sleep forever and my psych lab TA is a jerk, but I can survive since it is only one assignment. Well I expect this post to be littered with spelling mistakes and grammar problems considering I am still exhausted, but I felt the need to forever write down this day in some way due to how great it is. Now if I find a $20 bill, receive free good chocolate, get the new Hetalia set, become untired, or all those things than I can rightfully play this song without regret. Zombie Desu. That is all.

Xelhes
Player

Words: 159436
Joined roleplay: October 7th, 2011, 10:16 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Xelhes on March 9th, 2012, 2:12 am

I know it hasn't been long since my last post but I came across more adorable animals and felt the need to act. There will be no captions or anything this time to bore you, just pictures!

Secret :

Secret :

Secret :

Secret :

Secret :

Xelhes
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Nayana on March 11th, 2012, 12:27 am

My anger currently knows no bounds so I am doing a short post in my scrappie to help vent said anger. I hate this Kony thing now, like resent it with every shred of my being and wish it had never become viral. I posted a thing on my Facebook wall saying Invisible Children is a bit sketchy an organization and said that people should be spending time making other problems known too, ones that we can help prevent without send troops to start a war that will end up killing those 'child soldiers.' Today I logged onto Facebook to find 7-9~ hate messages about how I am a disgusting human being and I should be the one enslaved and killed because I obviously do not care about those children and simply am trying to distract people from the bigger picture.

The thing that really pissed me off though is that one of those people almost immediately after sending me that message took almost everything I said, word for word, and posted it on his Facebook wall. By the time I logged on he had over 30 likes and a shit load of comments saying he was a good person for trying to make other people aware of how organization manipulated the public and that people need to do more research on such things, and at the same time he told others that I support Kony...and they believed him. Put simply I really have no idea how it came to this but I am now apparently a horrible person to a good amount of people back home who think I support child enslavement and want a war to happen, despite me posting his message and everything, which only caused people to get ruder towards me and say I 'fabricated' the message. I really just have no idea what the hell to do right now aside from hope it blows over. The icing on the cake is that my parents also sent me a Facebook message because someone's parents phoned them to tell them I am apparently trying to spread child slavery to others, and accused them of poor parenting and being the ones to put such ideas in my head.

With that I leave a picture that is the only thing keeping me from totally rage destroying the world. I am also looking at cute animals and trying to post which greatly helps as well, so yay for that.

Secret :

Nayana
Player

Words: 6004
Joined roleplay: February 23rd, 2012, 3:29 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Xelhes on March 14th, 2012, 3:53 pm

Warning: Cheesy lyrics, off animation, and old PSX graphics infest this video. Tread cautiously, solider.

Random video? Yes. Actually it is one of the two most used videos I listen to in order to write for Xelhes, so there is a fun fact for everyone. I am not sure what exactly it is about the song but it really help me think while portraying Xel, and this is my favorite version since there are two. This one is the PSP version but with the PSX animation cause you know, copyright and stuff. Truthfully I am not really sure why I am posting in my scappie aside from the fact that I have missed it...even though my most recent post was not that long ago and pretty pathetic. However, I will not delete it like the last one, it shall endure because I just need to accept stuff (I also lack a picture adorable enough to compensate.)

Plotting. I seem to fail at this horribly as I have tried to think up plots for both Xelhes and Nayana for quite a while now and so far the only thing I got going on his a potential flirting/being rejected for Xelhes, which makes me sad because he deserves good things too. So for the past while I have been sitting and pondering what exactly I can do to make up for me being an arse to my lovable Ethaefal, and I got nothing aside from getting him a job as a Herbalist/Healer/Doctor/Medic guy. Right now he is kind of a mess due to the fact that he is emotionally beating himself for trying to kill Louie (also my fault) and the Denval explosion will probably mess with him quite a bit too. While I have no intention on this being long term I know for a fact that it is great development stuff, hence why I force my Ethaefal to suffer; suffering builds character, you know? With everything going on his confidence is more or less broken and he feels lost now, believing that he has no one to go talk to and no emotional pillar he can use as support. Currently he feels like everything is going wrong in his world and that no one trusts him or really cares anymore since he tried to do Louie in, Louie and Veldrys most since they are the two closest too him. When he gets to Zeltiva I still plan to be a little harsh on Xelhes, but after that my grip is going to slacken by a large amount. I said before that suffering builds character and while I believe it too be true, happiness and having good things happen in life does just as well. Covering the basic bases is what I am trying to do with Xelhes, to get him to grow up a bit more out of his childlike innocence and become less dependent on others. It may look like my development train for Xelhes is a bit of a mess but I do have a skeleton plan out, but nothing more and really a skeleton plan is great. Having no solid idea on how a scenario will play out is one of the things I love about RPing with other people. I have zero idea how any of my possible plots will play out, the flirting one included because I only know Xelhes, there are aspects of the other characters that I have no idea about that could change everything which makes things fun and unpredictable, so that way while people learn more about Xelhes I learn more about their character as well.

As for Nayana, she is still a work in progress thing. The more I think on her the more I think she will stay ignorant of her racism to an extent, growing out of it partially but retaining the essence of it. Right now she just wants to better her skills so that she can support the future family she will have, wanting to contribute as an equal to her partner instead of just the stay at home type of wife. She wants to prove her worth and express her individuality, and that may be the thing that she looks for most in a potential partner: someone who will treat her as an equal and is equally independent as well. While she may be rude and horrible to those of other races Nayana is kind to those of her own race unless they are half bloods or openly argue with her views and while she would not physically fight someone unless her anger reached its limit, she comes across to me as the kind who would partake in psychological battles. Despite her bad attitude and views she does truly care for the Symenestra and does what she can to ensure the next generation will be brought about, and it is for that reason I find her admirable. It is almost the fuel behind her actions, to better her people and help them out and when it comes down to it I think that is the main goal she has in general: that her people survive and are happy, regardless of her own happiness.

Turning gears away from my characters and onto me (because I am selfish like that) I have learned a few things lately. One, I cannot dance to save my life as it equals my ability to sing. Two, internet memes are indeed funny at times and sometimes even true. Here is Example One of point two. The moment I read the first part of it my response was the exact same as the character below, because honestly if my brain does make me five times more attractive than everyone else sees me, I am indeed 'f*cked.' This is ok though, because it means that when everyone gets old and ugly (which will happen) than my playing field will almost explode. What does this mean? It means that unlike most of the population I now look forward to getting old because it means I can score myself some dates, and at that age having a date is pretty much sitting together and knitting while drinking prune juice mixed with vodka. In my spare time I also came across another lovely image that instantly made me think of Xelhes, and here it is. I want someone to say that to my Ethaefal because it works on so many levels. As far as those of Mizahar are concerned, he did 'fall from heaven,' is extremely attractive because he is Ethaefal, and also has never had sex or kissed or anything. He is a perfect clean slate and while someone being direct like that will make him blush like crazy and make him uneasy, it would earn lots of bonus points for that character in my opinion. If you read my plot notes you will find me saying Xelhes needs Seduction xp (which might be impossible until he gets into a relationship) and a sexytime thread. Seriously people, he needs some lovin' even if he flat out rejects someone.

For now this is good enough, because I do not want an overlong scrappie post yet I still have more nonesense to spew so there will probably be like two more today. With that I leave you with a picture of dancing potatoes, because lets face it, potatoes are awesome and these ones dance better than I ever could.

Xelhes
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Indigo on March 14th, 2012, 8:56 pm

Are you havin one of those days where everyone is just a total

Indigo
As you wish (no1 gets princess bride quotes)

Words: 84986
Joined roleplay: August 31st, 2011, 10:46 pm
Race: Staff account

Postby Xelhes on March 15th, 2012, 5:42 am

Behold, song number two that I use to write as Xelhes. Combine this with the last post and you have the two songs I listen to that somehow give me the muse to write as Xelhes, and after thinking on it I believe I have found out why...should anyone care. "What's it like to truly love someone for sure, and to gain their undying love in return?" From that point on pretty much always make me think of Xelhes in the future, though the whole song in general reminds me of different parts of Xelhes as well...sappy lyrics aside. While for now Xelhes does not really have fully developed feelings for anyone it is going to happen, possibly sooner than I expected, and that specific line stands out to me because I can see him asking himself that constantly. He is a four year old placed inside the body of a man that is 20~, the urges his body has are going to feel awkward and while the Ethaefal has a good amount of personal/spiritual knowledge his world knowledge is still rather poor. Having feelings of love and attraction are going to make him second guess himself and in the end I am unsure on how exactly he will manage it, or what he might conclude; he could decide that they are genuine and be happy about it or he might come to the conclusion that is in the song: that they are nothing more than fabrications of his own mind, and if that is the case it will upset him a good amount.

The second song, which is in this post is also something I find that relates to Xelhes greatly, even if the meaning might be slightly hard to understand. The song itself is interpreted many ways depending on the person but I view the song as this: it is about the timid child in everyone...minus the kitty hat(which I want.) Most people may not notice it but Xelhes is timid in a few ways, especially in his speech and general mannerism. If you check you will see that in general he tends to be rather polite and passive, partly because he dislikes confrontation and also because he worries that if he speaks his mind others might disagree or get angry with him. When he does say something personal as well he tends to almost skip around the subject for a sentence or two, as if he is unsure of himself on even some of the most basic personal facts, such as how his body does not age. A lot of the song also reminds me of the stuff I would say to Xelhes personally that even applies to the current plot with him. Example one is that in the Denval Endgame he tried to stab Louie in a panic attack and now that he has snapped out of it he pretty much is saying to himself "It's all because of me," and my response is the same as in the song. "There is no such thing, you know. Please stop crying, Toeto. I love that part of you, from head to toe." When ever Xelhes does do something wrong he tends to be harsh on himself even if it was something he could not control, as in this case the Stone had used magic on him and messed with his brain yet Xelhes simply believes it was he himself that did it. While some may view that to be a huge flaw I find it extremely adorable and do love that part of him. Ok, the entire song pretty much applies to him should someone read between the lines, but I am not going to keep talking about this because I could just keep going on about every little detail.

For that reason I leave you with another adorable animal picture. Please enjoy! I will probably most more rant like stuff about my characters since now that they are fleshed out I can answer virtually any question people have about him. If you have an questions about Xelhes or Nayana (preferable more about Xel because he is better) than just post them here. May the force be with you all, and make sure to set your phasers to stun.

Xelhes
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Xelhes on March 15th, 2012, 2:14 pm

Behold, Xelhes' sexytime song.

The moment I listened to it I instantly was opened up to the seductive side of Xelhes...and he is nothing like I thought he was. I practically lied in the Valentine's Thread it would seem with this new realization. In public he acts the way I had expected, reserved and with very little contact: maybe some hand holding or a possible hug but most likely nothing more unless he was in a really good mood. Behind the scenes however...he likes to be playful and almost act as a tease, whispering things, sitting on someone's lap, possible face licking...he is a lot more dirty than I had thought. So now everyone knows that while my Ethaefal may seem innocent and cute he really is a dirty boy and even if he might not have sex at the start of the relationship he sure as hell likes to mess around and be a tease.

Xelhes
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Xelhes on March 16th, 2012, 6:37 pm

ADORABLE ANIMALS!

Simple this time, there will be no captions, just pictures. I know, less effort on everyone's part and lets face it the people that read this (the few of you) come here not to read my words but to look at pictures. On with the show!

Secret :

Secret :

Secret :

Secret :

Secret :

Secret :

Secret :

I hope this compensates for my rambling in the last few previous posts! I am sorry!

Xelhes
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Xelhes on March 25th, 2012, 7:13 am

I absolutely love this drawing, it is so adorable that I have no real words to describe it properly. Ana drew this lovely picture of Xel for me so all credit goes to her, every last bit of it, along with tons of awesome points. This imagine made my day to say the least and everyone who was not in chat to witness it can witness it here now! Enjoy!

Xelhes
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PreviousNext