Reunion time (Zandelia)

Kreig meets up with an old friend

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Reunion time (Zandelia)

Postby Kreig Messer on March 13th, 2012, 10:23 pm

512th A.V,25th of spring, Seaside Market, 12th bell.

The midnoon days of Sunberth's seaside market were usually quite busy, today, was of course, no exception. The Merchants setting up their ill-gotten goods and suspicious looking expensive items for the suckers who did not know good quality goods if it smacked them in the head and came from the gods themselves. One could also see the various sailors and cheaply paid workers moving around crates of equal questionable content.

Kreig was walking around the Market, having nothing better to do but wander around as he saw the plethora of people pass by, listening to some trying to barter on their purchase of certain items. The main reason which brought Kreig here however was to just sit around and listen, as in such huge crowds , it was almost certain to find an interesting conversation if albeit a stupid one.

Ah, but something else caught his eye, a familiar face.....why was it familiar he did not know, but it gnawed at the back of his mind that he should know that person with the attractive body and blond hair '.....Who is she to have my mind in such a perplex state?' He thought 'My mind shall not rest till I know' Decidedly he slowly approached the figure, his eyes staring at her with such confusion and familiarity that it made his head hurt " Excuse me, Miss?"
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Words: 883597
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2012, 7:55 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Reunion time (Zandelia)

Postby Zandelia on March 14th, 2012, 1:13 am

Zandelia was n working this day, instead choosing to roam the streets of Sunberth in search of pockets of information, pooled mutters of rumors and also to look into the changing face of Sunberth at the same time. It was a strange feeling that was in the air as she paced from location to location, a sense of progress – but also of intense fear. Sunberthians had an ingrained dislike of the concept of rulers, or even of just one group of people controlling the entire city. It had happened before in the past, well before her own life, and it had ended miserably for the people of the ramshackle city. As such the control of the areas of Sunberth was in a state of almost perpetually continual flux. Some days territory changed hands three times in a season, other times perhaps once a year, but it always changed.

And if I didn’t know better I’d say it was all pre-planned at any rate. Those bastards at the top know the consequences of too much power more than most after all she thought to herself as she inspected a nearby stall, selling trinkets from exotic locations, though from their poor craftsmanship and the thumb prints in the metal she guessed more likely to have come from a back alley. Probably nearby too, to keep the supplies secure and at hand.

That was enough to intrigue her to stay nearby, watching the stall make sales and reduce its stock substantially to poor fools about to go to sea after lucky charms and the like, attempts to stave off their own destruction. Not that they would even head out to sea any time soon at any rate, the docks having been cataclysmically destroyed and under repair already. No, it was hope that was the commodity bought, false or not. Still, she lingered in the crowd of another nearby stall selling fish produce, her still and enrobed form not particularly noticeable to those not expecting to see her there. She was a patient woman when she chose to be, when the time was right, and here was an opportunity to use. If she was right, if the sales were a sham, then it was something to be used for extortionate means. They were selling hope to hopeless people, people whom were a hair’s breadth from breaking and lynching another series of would-be mages.

“A dangerous game indeed” she whispered as she saw one of the stall tenders move away from the stall and down an alley way a short distance behind the stall proper. She smiled and scented blood, the electrical charge of excitement and possibility crackling through her nervous system.

She let a few moments pass before casually walking in the same direction so as to arouse no suspicion. It was not difficult really, enough people moving to and fro as to make it not unordinary for all small alleys to be in consistent use. The man was rounding the corner of a building as she entered the enclosed setting and sped up her pace so that she could put her back against the wall, peering around just enough to see him disappear into a doorway. She ran to the other side of the door so that he would not double back and pass her along his way back to the store, arousing suspicion perhaps. She waited a good long while, her muscles tensed and jaw gritted shut. Eventually, after what seemed like years, the men emerged once more, carrying a small wooden crate in front of him, cursing as he did so. That was when she ghosted against the wall and made her way to the door, her tread soft and subtle as she could make it in the mud. She paused at the door and listened, hearing nothing from within. She then closed her eyes briefly and began the process of concentrated meditation, slow at first but quicker as the seconds passed. She could feel the power dwelling within, letting it course into her eyes and fingers as she focused her sense not upon the door itself, her hand pressed to the wood, but beyond it.

Can’t feel anything she thought to herself as she used her auristic powers to search for any semblance of an aura beyond the threshold, a trick she had learnt to her satisfaction indeed. Her skill was not great, however, and she could not penetrate the room too far, perhaps enough to sense someone literally the other side of the door. Warning was warning, however, and well advised o be gathered. She let the powers dissipate slowly as she pushed herself to a full standing position and a fatigue grew within her slightly, the price she paid for information.

She opened the door cautiously and found no one beyond, light flooding the small storage place and showing a few small crates similar to the one the man had been carrying. She entered, stepping lightly and gazing around for any signs of threat. Finding none and satisfied she was alone she searched the room quickly, finding a small fireplace with assorted metal instruments she could guess the function of. She had been right, it seemed, from the stress of common metals and drops of slag around the small hearth. She chuckled and left the way she had come. It was as she was about to begin negotiations with the stall holder that someone turned her around and a familiar face hove into view.

“Kreig?? What the petch are you doing here? Where have you been you idiot? Haven’t seen you in a long time indeed!” she asked him as her memories clicked his appearance into place fully and remembrance flooded her brain.

She extended her hand for him to embrace before they began the conversation proper she knew would be coming.

Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Reunion time (Zandelia)

Postby Kreig Messer on March 16th, 2012, 9:48 pm

"By Dira's Scythe, Zandelia?" He said with a joyous grin as he his hand embraced her outstretched " You ask me where I was? I should be asking you that, its been far too long my dear girl" He said as memories from long flooded ago into his mind and flashed before his eyes 'Goodness, hasn't really been so long? I feel like a young lad once more, wait.....what does that have to say of what I am now?" He asked himself the irrelevant question as he looked at Zandelia 'In this blessed moment I should buy a meal to celebrate our reunion, I've been gaining many friends lately, and to regain an old one is a blessing' "My goodness, I feel inclined to buy you a meal dear girl, are you willing to partake in some poisonous delight?" He asked her, but then realized she may had business at the stall they stood beside " After you finish your business here of course" He said with a curt smile.
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Words: 883597
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2012, 7:55 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Reunion time (Zandelia)

Postby Zandelia on March 24th, 2012, 8:11 pm

Zandelia took her time to dissect his words, a habit that she was sure he would remember from the past and one which she had developed considerably through int3eraction with various figures – Kreig included, if she were to be honest. He had a way of thinking and talking that all but begged for it to be considered on a deeper level. Still, what he had to say for the moment was a formality, the beginning of further discussions. She would attempt to tease out ore when they were alone, eating and celebratory. After all, she had lost all contact with him many years ago now and he had undoubtedly been involved in much since that time. She merely smiled and nodded, agreeing to his suggestion before she spoke.

“Yes, I did disappear for a while, I’ll tell you more later. For now, before we enjoy some repast, I have some business to attend to,” she told him jovially, “come and watch” she finished, her mind working and sensing possibilities approaching.

It would be profitable to have a large man next to me when I talk to this shopkeeper, very useful indeed. He won’t argue much when he thinks he will be pummeled into a thin paste she thought as she turned around once ore and calmly shouldered her way to the front of the stall – the customers for the most part concluding business and providing a window of opportunity.

As she waited for the crowds to disperse she leant against the rough wooden counter, her hands steepled in front of her in a thoughtful pose. She considered how best to approach the situation, deciding whether subtlety would succeed better than intimidation. On balance she knew that both would be effective, miss-sold goods being an important issue to customers with little money and fractious tempers. Sunberth was a dark city but actively liked to make examples of charlatans and thieves where it could – those that were not using them at any rate. It tolerated much, but the sale of religious items that were in reality cobbled together by some man in a run-down shack was perhaps something it would truly like to punish – especially in the current climate.

“So lady, interested in my wares are ye? They’re good pieces, quality imports from exotic lands!” the salesman began his drivel as she quietly ignored him, waiting for the finish.

“I’m more interested in the little room a little bit down that alleyway if I’m honest” she responded, a little gleam in her eye sparkling as the man took a step back and licked his lips.

“Don’t know nothing about any of that lad-“ he tried to get in before being cut off.

“Of course not! I wouldn’t ever dream of telling these fine people you were crooked as they come, never in my life. But, seeing as you just put the idea in my head…” she stated, flicking her hand to the side and making to turn away before the man grabbed her hand.

“Alright!” he hissed at her, his voice low, “what is it you want? I can’t afford to give all my money back, got a family you know” he all but growled at her as his frustration came to the front of his mind quite clearly.

“Oh of course, can’t have little ones going without food hmm? Oh I won’t tell, but I do want a cut of it all. I have my own…family to provide for. Ten percent of all earnings and feel lucky I don’t ask for more” she offered, her palms placed before her coolly.

“Done!” the shopkeeper grunted at her after relief battled with rage for a few moments.

“Good, I will be back tomorrow,” she concluded, stepping back and grinning at Kreig, “oh, and I wouldn’t try and run if I were you, someone will be watching” she let the man think upon who that someone might have been as her bluff would begin to burrow into his mind, hopefully.

“So, you were talking about some devilish fun my friend?” she turned to Kreig, walking away from the stall with him and taking to the streets once more, “I think I can find time in the day for such things. Where did you have in mind?” she asked him as the crowd swallowed them from the market’s view.

oocFigured I’d give you full reign to choose the place, get them there, write out anything you want and so on. Enjoy :)

Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)