In the Snow (Daske & Sable)

In which two Svefra meet on a snowy night

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An inland sea created by Ivak's cataclismic fury during the Valterrian, the Suvan Sea is a major trade route and the foremost hub for piracy in Mizahar. [lore]

Postby Daske Baggywrinkle on March 31st, 2012, 6:33 pm

They talked as they sailed back to the cove where the Black Lady waited for them. Then they talked some more as they cooked up two of the seal steaks and made themselves eat. They talked well into the night. It was a crash course in everything Svefra; a whole world Daske had known nothing about when he had set out to reclaim his heritage. Much of it came down to simple survival. The people of the sea might be wild and carefree on the surface, but beneath the surface was the communal infrastructure that enabled them to survive as a people. It had its own rules and its own wisdom. Daske would have to make all of this a part of his own life.

Early the next morning, while it was still dark and before Sable was awake, Daske raised anchor and glided silently out of the little cove. He had much to think about. He looked back at the Sea Sparkle pulling gently against her anchor line. “Goodby Sable,” he said to the wind as the Black Lady rounded a headland and the Sea Sparkle disappeared from view. “And thank you.”

THE END

OOC :
I will submit the story to Trident. I found this to be an enjoyable and moving story. Thank you for creating it with me.
AKA Anselm
Daske Baggywrinkle
I AM smiling, dammit!

Words: 137247
Joined roleplay: January 16th, 2012, 8:58 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Trident on April 4th, 2012, 8:22 pm

Daske

Skills:
  • Sailing +3
  • Hunting +2
  • Weapon (Shortbow) +1
  • Cartography +1
  • Cooking +1

Lores:
  • Location of Gray Cove
  • Rafting Two Ships Together
  • Sable's Tavan: Sibilance
  • The Baggywrinkle Pod
  • Sable Baggywrinkle: Ethics, Personality, Religion

Sable Baggywrinkle

Skills:
  • Sailing +2
  • Leadership +2
  • Rhetoric +2
  • Fishing +1

Lores:
  • Soggysponge Pod: Lack of Honesty, Gossip, Seal Hunting
  • Discerning Other Svefra
  • Daske: History, Lack of a Pod, Lack of Religion
  • Praying after a Hunt

Miscellaneous:
  • The wound on Sable's hand, being shallow and bandaged, should heal within a couple of days. It will also not hurt, unless pressed up.
  • Sable should also feel watched for a while after the meeting with Daske, and the seas should feel even more welcoming to her whenever she steps into it.

Comments: All I have to say is wow, guys. This thread was quite the adventure, if no so much physically as it was mentally. I enjoyed reading about Sable and Daske's personality, seeing what made them tick and how their histories influenced how they acted. It was an fun read, I hope to see more quality work from the both of you. ;) Please note, the lores that have commas in them can be read as separate lores, but they are grouped together for convenience.

If you have any questions about my ruling, feel free to PM me!

Development ThreadDS OfficeSuvan SeaSuvan Sea Lore

---

Accepting more moderated threads now on a limited basis. PM me for more information.
Trident
Welcome to no man's land

Words: 105060
Joined roleplay: November 19th, 2011, 3:58 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous