Kilik's Scrapbook

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Kilik's Scrapbook

Postby Kilik on March 27th, 2012, 3:07 am

Chocolate Does NOT Fix Problems with People

Warning: Family Issues and bitching ahead.

Ok, so I've been having issues with my family as of late, namely my father. He doesn't realize there is a time when you just shouldn't say anything, or maybe sugar coat your words a bit before you say something. Also, he will never, NEVER, admit that something might be his fault. This entitles two separate stories.

1. A few days ago, I was searching through the photos that I have stored away on my computer, wanting to post them to FB. I had gotten about half of the ones I wanted up, when my dad came in and looked over my shoulder to see what I was doing. The first thing out of his mouth when he sees the photos?

"Ugh! Don't put those up! They're the ugliest photos of you yet!"

...So what your saying is that in all my photos I look ugly, but these are the worse. Wow. Thank you dad. I knew I wasn't the most attractive female in the world, but I never realized just how ugly I am until this moment. I mean, if my father can't even pretend I'm his 'beautiful little girl', imagine what the world must think of me.

Thank you very much, dad.

2. Me and my dad are the ones who are at home most of the time, so Im the one he come and bitches to when he's mad. If my mom has touched anything of his, he goes into a rage and bitches about it to me. If my brother skirts his chores, again, I'm the one he bitches to. Im not the one he's mad at, but I'm the one he complains about it to. He's scary when he's angry. He looks ready to murder, and all I can think of when he's bitching to me is "God, I am so glad he's not mad at me.."

I know he's not really capable of hurting anybody, but fuck, he looks it when he's mad.

Anyway, about an hour ago, he came up from the basement, pissed off about a missing cord for his iPod dock, and instantly, its my fault because I was the last to use it. I didn't unplug it, he did it to show off that it still works without the cord. I didn't touch the cord. My dad wouldn't admit that he might have been wrong, and openly began accusing me a liar. We got into a shouting match, ending up with him trying to pacify me with a chocolate orange, to make me stop arguing and admit he was right.

You know what? FUCK YOU! Chocolate is not going to make me forget you were wrong, and its not going to make me forgive you for calling me a liar. Im still pissed, and I'm not willing to let it go.
Kilik
Player

Words: 3450
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 2:41 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet

Kilik's Scrapbook

Postby Gabrielle Seawind on March 27th, 2012, 7:26 pm

That's terrible. And that thing about the pictures...? It sounds very hurtful, and he should know that. I don't know the context nor would I pretend to know, but would there be any way that he's just joking? I tease my sister all the time for being "ugly", but truth be told, she's one of the prettiest people I know.

If he said it to hurt you, and along with blaming you unreasonably, then just take note... some people just don't grow up, including our own fathers. :p
Gabrielle Seawind
Just Another Pirate

Words: 116325
Joined roleplay: November 1st, 2011, 12:34 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Kilik's Scrapbook

Postby Vuil on April 13th, 2012, 8:14 am

BLAH There was a really sappy post here. Reading back, it just makes me angry to read it. So its gone~ Because it doesn't matter anymore~ Life goes on ^_^

And it helped to learn he was a jack ass.

Yeah, not so sad anymore~ So I shall frolic happily through a field of daisies without a care in the world! And all is well.
Last edited by Vuil on May 2nd, 2012, 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vuil
Player

Words: 34844
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2012, 8:44 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Kilik's Scrapbook

Postby Musca on April 18th, 2012, 7:02 pm

Feel better bro.
Musca
derp derp derp derp

Words: 68348
Joined roleplay: March 11th, 2012, 5:41 am
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Kilik's Scrapbook

Postby Vuil on April 19th, 2012, 6:26 am

Oh noes! Someone save me! XP
Vuil
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Kilik's Scrapbook

Postby Vuil on May 2nd, 2012, 7:56 pm

Ok... So I was stalking Erudite's scrap and saw the personality test that she lovingly took from Vic. And I have decided that Im going to steal it twice over~

So I came up as an INFP. Which makes me... A Healer?

very expressed introvert
moderately expressed intuitive personality
distinctively expressed feeling personality
slightly expressed perceiving personality

The next little bit was taken from Vic's scrap.

How You Get Your Energy

Introverts (I) think before they act. They are motivated internally and often need to wind down in ‘alone time’ after a long time around a bunch of people. They value depth over breadth in knowledge and relationships alike.

How You Get Your Information

Intuitives (N) enjoy discussing theory and telling stories. They can easily visualize something as it is explained to them and learn best from reading and abstract discussion. They are more likely to trust a gut feeling and think often about the future.

How You Make Decisions

Feelers (F) avoid conflict at all costs. They are sensitive to the needs and emotions of others and are easily influenced by their own passions. They are more likely to change their beliefs and opinions to match the situation or to make another person happy/compliant.

How You View The World

Percievers (P) love change, variety, and spontaneity. They work better under pressure and are most comfortable when multi-tasking. They instinctively avoid commitments and often feel trapped in situations where they cannot move and express themselves.
Vuil
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Kilik's Scrapbook

Postby Vuil on May 8th, 2012, 3:36 am

Combat and Resulting Injuries.

Ok, so I've had a rather swell time on Miz. Haven't run into any problems, and everyone I've met (for the most part) has been really great. But recently, I've been having an issue IC that has been driving me crazy. Mostly because I feel bad whenever I try to talk to the writer about things happening IC. It makes me feel horribly mean.

Anyway, the issues all have to do with combat and injuries. And I feel the need to rant a bit. When writing combat, its a system of give and take.

You give your movements: YOUR movements. You don't get to assume that all your attacks hit, and you don't get to play that every single one of your actions cannot fail, or cannot be countered. It's endlessly annoying when it seems that you play realistically and take hits, and yet your partner doesn't seem to take a single hit. Or, if they do take the hit, it doesn't seem to do any sort of damage to them. I rage. I rage so hard. We are on EQUAL FOOTING! You should take some DAMAGE!! Not just a glancing blow, that attack should really hit you and leave some lasting marks.

On that note, we move on to damage. If you take damage, it should stay. A heavy hit to you should hurt, and hurt for a while. If your limbs are hurt severely, it should hinder movements, make you slower. If its bad enough, it should hurt you to move. If you are attacked with something sharp, and you are bleeding quite a bit, you should be WORRIED ABOUT THE WOUND. It doesn't matter that there is a sexy male standing three feet away, you are BLEEDING OUT! Show a little concern!

I cannot stress this enough! Wounded people, if they have finished fighting, and sometimes even before the end, are worried about their wounds! Bleeding and open wounds HURT! You need to take notice! I don't mean one line of noticing the pain, and then never take notice of it again. I mean that if you get cut or hurt seriously, it has a lasting effect that hinders you for an amount of time.

Bah, rant over.
Vuil
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Kilik's Scrapbook

Postby Faraluun on May 8th, 2012, 3:55 am

I sympathize. Best you can do is in a gentle way let your rping partner know how you feel, and ask if they could work with you to provide the most realistic experience that makes writing entertaining in an engaging way. If they won't listen to reason, or well-meant criticism, then move on, finish the thread, and find other threading partners.

Best of luck to you in any case.

Sincerely,
Faraluun.
Faraluun
The Fallen Wanderer

Words: 84429
Joined roleplay: October 23rd, 2011, 6:00 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes