Faraluun

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Faraluun

Postby Faraluun on October 23rd, 2011, 8:26 pm

Faraluun

General Information

Race: Ethaefal/Human
Fell: 22nd of Summer, 496 AV Time spent on world: 15 years

Physical Description:

When the moon shines: His hair is a silvery blue during the spring, black during the summer, a pale gold in the fall, and silver during the winter that complements his silvery luminescent skin as he basks in the moonlight. Along with his skin, his eyes possess a deep silver hue to them, shining when any light cares to grace his features. Standing at around 6'5, his body is muscular yet supple, his skin flawless and his horns that frame the sides of his head range from white in the spring, emerald green during the summer, golden yellow in the fall, and black in the winter.

When the sun shines: His body takes on that of the man he once was, short brown locks covering his head and complementing his teal eyes. In this form, tattoo's spread across his back and ring his arms, telling tales of a life he can not yet remember. In the center of his back a oak tree rests with two swords on either side of it seeming to be resting on their hilts, and a broad circle encircles the entire image tattooed on his back. On his lower hips the heads of horses cover the skin there, the equine faces tilted up as if ever looking at the sky. Encircling both upper arms, ink binder like vines twice wrapped around his arms, small thorns shooting out from the bands every so often at random intervals. Standing now at 5'8, his muscles are much more compact and he looks more well built than what he does in his Ethaefal form.

Character Concept

Faraluun, despite how much he thinks he has come to understand, is still very much a lost soul, trying to find his place in a world that can never be like the home he had in Leth's realm. It leaves him ever restless, and feeling ever so alone. By exploring and searching through tomes, he hopes that he might find by finding a way back home, or if that fails, make it home here on Mizahar. Because of this he is not an easy man to get along with, his social skills almost no existent. It suits him though, for he prefers his own company to that of those that would only betray him in the end.

Character History

Dumped on the shores just outside Alvadas, he awakened to this world very confused, and fearful. By chance, or by fate a kind stranger found him on the beach that very night, and invited him into her home as a place to stay, and deal with the crippling confusion and fear that so possessed him. There he learned about who he was, learned how he might survive anew in this world, and indebted to Aerla, he set out from Alvadas, to search for a man in her place.

So his tale took him to the majestic city of Riverfall, a city more beautiful than anything he had ever laid eyes on, and content was he to stay and converse with the exotic blue skinned people and delve into the knowledge they kept stored in their famed library. Never had his eyes lit upon such a gathering of written manuscripts and for days he found himself consumed in the dusty pages of the tombs of old and it was there he received a gnosis mark from lady eyris as well and thus awakening a passion to know more within him.

Alas, he had to bid the beautiful city farewell when he learned the man, Trentus, had already left the city for Syliras and after suffering the breath of the grasses till they at last reached the imposing stone walls of the magnificent city. It was there his heritage was revealed, a past life brought to life with but a incidental showing of the ink that so decorated his flesh. However like in Riverfall though, the trail went cold, and though his revelations begged him to stay, he owed it to Aerla to continue seeking out Trentus, and left at once, tracking the man down to Zeltiva.

In reaching Zeltiva at good pace, he'd caught up to Trentus, learning him to be Aerla's husband. He sent news back to Alvadas, and Aerla arrived at Zeltiva within the year, reuniting with her husband Trentus at last. Faraluun for once found himself absolved of responsibility, and on his own in a city steeped with ancient knowledge. It was paradise. For three years he expanded his mind as a student of the University of Zeltiva, and established a fulfilling life within the city. Then Trentus disappeared and, upon Aerla asking for one last favor, Faraluun left his life in Zeltiva, heading for Mura in search of Trentus.

To Mura he went, finding Trentus there. All was not as it seemed though for Trentus told him Aerla's true reason for sending him to here, to lure a Konti of the island, and that she had been convicted for several murders back in Zeltiva, for which execution soon followed. The man also warned him to stay hidden in Mura for now, for the Wave Guard were looking for him in connection to Aerla's crimes, a witness having had fingered him for a close associate of hers.

Disgusted by the whole thing, and unable to go home to Zeltiva, he went into hiding. Now, a little over a year later he has grown tired of hiding and emerges once more to establish a more filling life amongst the Konti planning his eventual return to Zeltiva.

His Past Life

This will be added to as I thread out in character his remembered experiences.

Religion

Worships both leth and eyris.

Bears a mark from eyris on the back of his left hand.

Earning thy mark

Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

- William Jennings Bryan

Timestamp: 29th of Summer, 498 AV

A coarse wind blew from the east across the grassy hill, and before him all splayed out in all of it's splendor under the night sky was Riverfall. They where but a half a days ride from the city, but darkness had fallen all to soon upon them and under the advisement of the senior guard, they had made camp for the night leaving Faraluun, once a denizen of the sky above to linger about the slumbering camp, his silver eyes never straying long on anything besides the bright glow of the moon. Whispered words to leth echoing constantly from his lips.

In his two years on this world he had learn much though he was hard pressed to find solace each time, though in his recent season with the caravan he had learned how rewarding busy work could be in freeing up your mind to think on other pursuits. He desired nor needed no sleep durning his god's hour, and made a excellent night watch because of it which suited him just fine. Often these nights where quiet and so close to a city as magnificent as this, it proved hardly any different though surely the many predators he had fought across the small patch of grasslands they had traveled so far still roamed in similar numbers. Those frightening beasts where wholly strange and challenges in themselves and he thanked leth for the strength he lent to his follower to survive the trials he'd experienced in his short time here. On quiet nights like these though he used the time for reflection, and the mark of the full moon floating just above him seemed to be a good omen of what he was to experience in the city of wonders.

The other travelers, his partners in this loose collection of guards, traders, artisans, and bards had remained tight lipped about where their destination lie, speaking only that he needed to see and experience the city for himself. Truly the city was a wonder to look at and far more stable than the chaotic city of Alvadas that had spit them all out at one time or another but not without first leaving it's mark on them. Even his own eyes couldn't forget the sheer oddity that was Alvadas, and his mind was quick to sink into confusion when he attempted to make sense of what all he had seen. Still through the experience one couldn't help but consider themselves wiser for the stay, the ways of the arcane brought to such an extreme that even the most stubborn skeptic would have been made to believe of the cities unusual nature. For all that though it would be good to have a more stable city under his feet, and one as beautiful as this one looked from a far seemed like a good place to see to that, though regretfully his eyes would first touch it's interior under Syna's light.

Your presence always soothes your follower for blessed moonlight with a reminder is better than none and being alone

Faraluun's finger played with the grey cotton of his well worn cloak absentmindedly as he looked up to the heavens, thoughts streaming constant praises to the god who so watched after him. He knew he need not speak in any mortal tongue for his deity to hear him, leth could hear quiet fine whether the prayer was thought or spoken. There was of course still bitterness in his heart along with no small amount of pain and confusion caused by his fall from leth's realm but he felt he understood at least in part that it was necessary for him to be on the world here and now, though the reasoning for which he had yet to discover. For bells he would sit there, staring up at the sky as silent and still as stone, simply using the time to savor the uninterrupted moonlight that streamed from on high, and the chance at communion with his god, though eventually night might give away to day, and soon on the horizon behind him the midnight blue sky began to take on a lighter hue as the two lovers embraced once again.

Till tonight leth..

(35th of Summer)

The great door to the library swung open with a whisper of a creak, and in glided Faraluun bearing the human flesh once more, offering only a brief nod to the attendant as he swept on by. He had been there the day before only just barely stumbling in upon the place and exchanged pleasantries with the man for doing much the same he came here today to do.

Browse.

Shelf upon shelf arrayed themselves before him, and once more he found his eyes widened in surprise at seeing so many works of the word in one place, with row upon row of text unfolding before his very eyes. How so many books came to exist and be found all in one place was a mystery perhaps someday would be reasoned with him. He already had enough of a handful trying to detract Alvadas's illusions to get down to the bare truth, that itself quickly proving to be quite the impossible undertaking. Fret not on why the books where there he tried though and instead let his eyes open up to to catch the tan binding of a book that rested slightly ajar from the rest of those residing beside it.

Curiosity fueled his steps, and soon his thin fingers where pulling it loose from its place, and his eyes pouring over it's cover. The title read simply:

Life as we know it

Steady hands pried open the book and soon he was absorbing page after page of the manuscript, which thankfully had been written in common. As he read on, he came to know that it wasn't as much of a work of know how like some books tended to be but rather a work on life in Mizahar with a bard's spin on things. The words played before his very eyes to tell of a man's travels all the way from a city encircled in snow, to a land filled with sand, and stinging grit that sought to blind you. It had short stories of cities in between though it mentioned no formal names just what peculiarities each city visited possessed. His finger tapped on the binding of the book as he read on for bells and bells and was in the process of reading one such tale dealing with the author and this man who never got off his horse when a clatter to the side of him shattered his concentration.

His teal eyes flashed as he turned his head to the side, at last settling on the culprit which by happened to be a thick green book with many more pages than the thin tan one he held so gently in his hands. Resting the book on it's face in hopes of saving his place, he scrambled over to the fallen tomb, turning it carefully over and blowing gently across it's cover to disturb the dust that had settled and still yet rested there even after the fall. A simple word was etched into it's cover, both unassuming and though provoking for perhaps that is what the author intended.

History

His nimble fingers where all to eager to open up the book and read whatever knowledge the author had cared to inscribe on it's pages. Surely it couldn't be the history of everything for even at the books large size, it couldn't possibly include even every major event to ever happen to the world on which he now stood. His eyes and mind sought clarification and in it's pages there it was found. The book seemed particularly concerned with the author's families' history, most likely compiled only after extensive research by the pen man. Constantly there was mentions of this city of the lawless for that was where the man resided, along with other paired mentions of a woman named eyris. Only upon further leafing through the pages was he able to actually determine that the woman was not the man's lover but instead a deity he dutifully followed, and was one who possessed a domain over wisdom and knowledge. Before he could find more on her though day was fast on the wane and he had to abandon the book to it's usual resting place on the shelf with a vow to return the next day to continue reading about this man's curious story and the goddess he worshiped so reverently. With a small nod of thanks to the attendant, he disappeared out from the doors to better enjoy the coming night.

(36th of Summer)

Mid-sun the next day found him with his nose buried in that very same tomb, studiously pouring over the accounts of the Der'vial family line as it was traced back, hoping to find more information on the goddess somewhere deeper into the history of the family tree. The family worshiped a hole slew of gods and goddesses, none of which he had heard of previously, and most of which seeming to have either good or bad connotations associated with them. For instance the author seemed rather to express that his uncle, a follower of a god named rhysol, seemed to have been responsible for squandering the family fortune a century hence on personal guards and other things more nefarious. On the other hand, his grandmother, a follower of a goddess known as priskil, managed to save the family struggling along in those times with the sell of her alchemic creations, finding enough miza to rebuild a stable family business that the Der'vial line could be proud of. Mention of eyris was few and far between before that but as he read on it seemed that his grandfather, and parents both regarded the deity of wisdom as their patron goddess, and even built a shrine up in her honor.

As he continued on shock and horror crossed his face and he simply stared at the last aged page dumfounded.

- Entry 179 (Year, 455 AV)

It's been over a year since i've been able to write in this work, and I intend to be offered up as a sacrifice to eyris in that she might see fit to turn her eyes so full of wisdom to me that I may understand that which befell me. My family is gone now, in the grubby hands of thugs and thieves all because what? The simplistic oafs mistook our passion for bearing marks of the goddesses wills, and thank the goddess that they did not find mine for I am the only one among my family who bore it, and had they have found it I fear I might not be penning these words today. They held us for a good two seasons, trying to force my parents into 'reading' items for them as they called it, and the cruel bastards killed my grandparents when they didn't immediately comply.

I yet young in the wisdom of eyris knew not enough to do what they asked and was only able to hid my mark for they thought the sever sunburn i received a not a season ago was a sign of some great skin ailment. Their simplicity is astounding but it saved me as well. My parents to the last, worked to protect me from such dangerous men, and it was they who facilitated my escape and from there I rode and rode till I stumbled upon the gates of the sea city herself. It is now in the great university I write this, now reconsidering my idea to burn the manuscript for doing so would lose all that information I sought so hard to collect, and would be a spit into the face of the goddess I hold dear. No, it was not her fault my family fell upon such hard times, such comes with the price of having such knowledge among such simple people. Where that I able to spread such knowledge I would, and educate those masses to a better way of things but at las I am one man. Perhaps this will begin the light of wisdom that is needed to sweep this dark, dark world. Maybe it will end up in a slag heap those pests seem so fond of. Whatever path my works take, may eyris bless their journey.

It went on to say more from the reader, mostly mentioning exact figures of what he had lost, along with other derogatory names directed towards the men and women who had taken so much from him. A profound confusion settled through him, and he bowed his head till his forehead touched the parchment, his thoughts ever spiraling. The many concepts, hints of strange happenings, and odd descriptions of cities confused and muddled his mind, as his brain fought to wade through the true intent of the work. Pearly white teeth dug into soft flesh as he bit his lip in concentration the name eyris playing around in his mind. The similarities between the goddess and leth's domains connected in his mind as with thought and reflection often came wisdom though knowledge usually came through study and seemed wholly separate from any other subset of leth's domain. Still the story of eyris's influence in the life of one family and one world's reaction to it still made his mind spin and beg for clarity. It had taken him two years of deep thought and soul searching to find himself after his abrupt arrival on the strange shores of Alvadas but with that recognition of himself came a sort of peace that no one would forsake. As always though, another puzzled reared itself before him, adding itself to the others already there, but somehow all the more prominent though it's importance he knew not. The riddle begged to be answered but he could no know it for certain without communion with she who peaked his interest.

Silently he replaced the book back where he had received it, and sank to his knees bowing his head low while clearing his head of all the other things that so clouded his mind. It was difficult, the needs and chores of the day all buzzing across his mind along with a dozen other minute details of what he needed to get done but blocking them out one at a time, he managed to clear his mind for the most part, leaving still his ever burning desire to know more, and leth's preserving light in the back of his mind to brace him for whatever was to come. In his head, he called her name, and he did something that truly scared him and excited him all at the same time. He prayed to a goddess.

Eyris.. I dutiful follower of leth, with lives spanning across the centuries am but a child at the foot of the great pillar of wisdom you represent. I share a thirst for knowledge that I saw much of myself in the text that bore your name so reverently, for I seek to know many things, and am plagued by question for which there must be answers. Never have I known your name before the previous day so never have I offered up anything to you, but with your name comes clarity, and not far from thought and reflection is the truth of your wisdom. So I seek now your guidance, in my time here in Riverfall, help my oh so young wisdom flourish in the wake of turning my mind to you as I do leth.

It was silence that kept his mind clear, and silence that greeted him at the end of his silent impromptu prayer, but wordlessly the sun made man stood up, and left the library, gone to recollect on what all had transpired and to review that which his mind had read.

(52nd of Summer)

For days in both day and night he had prayed to eyris for guidance and leth for the strength to continue on striving to survive in the martial like city. His human form bore fine calluses to pad his knees from kneeling on unrelenting stone for to long in quiet reading of a book or prayer to a god or goddess. His toned muscle was starting to lose firmness yet still he prayed not expecting an answer but hoping all the same. The confusion still hung like a thick cloud about his shoulders, further leadened by the combined knowledge of elderich books who spoke straight nonsense at times in a language wholly foreign to his senses. Never should he have strayed into the other rare section where books where closely watched according to the kind attendant. His mind sought clarity but found madness in one riddle chocked page after another. So he did what he could do, pray.

Another thing that spun his mind was try as he might he could not find the green tomb that had so possessed him since the day he found it and cracked open it's weathered binding. Even then he was pacing up and down the isle he knew to be the one where it was found, searching earnestly for the book that had so inspired his newfound silent relationship with the goddess of wisdom. I had to be here somewhere after all, it couldn't have just walked out, and the attendant at the desk had no recollection of it having been borrowed recently, or at all for that matter.

A whisper of noise at the end of the isle tore his eyes away from their search, and they widened to see a comely human woman wearing traveling clothes much like his at the end. She stepped toward him as his eyes settled upon her, her footsteps making a hardly a sound to Faraluun's attuned ears, and tend to keep her eyes watching the ground not quite allowing theirs to meet. He had the distinct urge to walk towards her as well, but his muscles did not yet respond, and would not even allow him to glance up at her eyes when she at last shifted her gaze to look at his face. Her words echoed out seeming from her and all around him all at once.

"[color=#FF8000]Hello Faraluun"

She seemed to pause for him to respond but he wasn't able to even fathom a response to the flood of questions that so broke through his mind at witnessing the woman before him. What could he do when confronted so surprised?

"I've had my eye on you for some time now, I hope you don't mind me borrowing the book but it belongs somewhere else now, the author's children deserve to look upon it at last."

He could only stand still and watch as she produced and made disappear the green tomb all in the same instant and so impossibly so, though surely she stored it somewhere on her person that he missed. All to quick for him to comprehend her slender fingers wrapped around his left wrist, her hand warm, though he could tell her grip was much stronger than her delicate hand hinted at. "Eyris?" was all that managed to stumbled out of his lips, and she seemed to smile a small knowing smile that betrayed that particular facet of her being. His skin paled and his heart raced at such a company as he had before him now.

"I am known by that name yes, and now for you child is time to connect the rest" She said her words sliding in and out of his conscious mind, and brining with them a sort of clarity that was hard fought for. Her hand retreated from his at last, and when he looked upon it, across the top of his left hand was a symbol he connected with seeing in the text before repeated often and mentioned with some significance. He looked back up quickly a question on the tip of his tongue but he was once again alone, shivering ever so subtly where he stood, the silence of the library surrounding him once more.

Traning (Skills, Arcana, Lore, and Language)

• Skills:
    Skill SP/RB/TA Rank Total
    Riding (Horse) 25 (SP) Novice 25
    Tulwar 25 (SP) Novice 25
    Astronomy 10 (RB) Novice 10
    Swimming 2 (TA) Novice 2
    Observation 2 (TA), 2 (TA), 3 (TA) Novice 7
    Botany 1 (TA) Novice 1
    Poison 1 (TA) Novice 1
    Socialization 2 (TA), 1 (TA), 4 (TA) Novice 7
    Land Navigation 1 (TA) Novice 1
    Philosophy 1 (TA) Novice 1
    Investigation 1 (TA) Novice 1
    Rhetoric 1 (TA) Novice 1
    Organization 1 (TA) Novice 1
    Seduction 1 (TA) Novice 1
    Research 1 (TA) Novice 1

• Arcana:
    Skill SP/RB/TA Rank Total
    Summoning 2 (TA) Novice 2

• Gnosis:
    Gnosis God/dess Rank
    Lykata Eyris 1

• Lore:

Ledger

ItemDebit - Miza Credit - Miza
Starting Funds 100gm.0sm.0cm
Market Expenses 26gm.1sm.0cm
Winter, 511 AV Seasonal Expenses 45 gm.0sm.0cm
Total 28gm.9sm.0cm

Ledger Note (Please Read)From the Spring of 2012 - till the Summer of 2013 I was inactive with this character, the gap in my Seasonal Expenses

Possessions

Item Price Acquisition Description
Loincloth N/A Starting Package -
Dark green shirt, Cotton N/A Starting Package Well Worn
Dark Green Pants, Cotton N/A Starting Package Well Worn
Black Belt, Leather N/A Starting Package Well Worn
Brown Vest, Cotton N/A Starting Package Well Worn
Black Boots, Leather N/A Starting Package Well Worn
Grey Cloak, Cotton N/A Starting Package Well Worn
Tulwar N/A Heirloom -
Waterskin N/A Starting Package -
Backpack N/A Starting Package -
Toiletries (comb, brush, soap) N/A Starting Package -
Eating Knife N/A Starting Package -
Flint & Steel N/A Starting Package -
Leather Armor 10 gm Purchased -
Lariat 1 gm Purchased -
Sling 1 sm Purchased -
4 Sheets of Paper 1 gm, 6 sm Purchased -
1 Sheet of Parchment 2 sm Purchased -
Watertight Scrollcase 5 gm Purchased -
Blank Book 3 gm Purchased -
4 Quills 2 sm Purchased -
5 1 Oz Vials of Ink 5 gm Purchased -
Large Set of Saddlebags N/A Starting Package -
Large Tent (4 Person) N/A Starting Package -
Large Tarp N/A Starting Package -
100 feet of rope N/A Starting Package -
Flint & Steel N/A Starting Package -
Lantern N/A Starting Package -
2 Torches N/A Starting Package -
Bedroll N/A Starting Package -
Blanket N/A Starting Package -
Fishing Tackle & Hooks N/A Starting Package -
A Guilding named Celloas N/A Starting Package -

Flashbacks:

(Flashback) Landing in a strange place (Solo) - Date: 22nd of Summer, 496 AV (Alvadas)

(Flashback) Making it livable (Solo) - 24th of Summer, 496 AV (Alvadas)

(Flashback) To Where the Ink Leads (Xalet) - 16th of Fall, 499 AV (Syliras)

(Flashback) A Taste of that Summer Sun (Hadrian) - 15th Summer, 508 AV (Zeltiva)

(Flashback) A Taste of that Scholar's Ink - 25th Summer, 508 A.V. (Zeltiva)

Strange and Intersting Times (Solo) - 27th Summer, 508 A.V. (Zeltiva)

Thread List:

(Location) The White Isle Harbor (arriving PCs post here!) - 1st of Fall (Mura)

(Location) The Taviasa City Officials - 1st of Fall 511 (Mura)

Looking for work (Faraluun) - 2nd of Winter (Mura)

T'was the story that was to be written (Avina) - 10th of Winter, 511 AV (Mura)

(Medical Library) A Monkey and a Angel (Faraluun) - Winter 20th 511 AV (Mura)

The Surveyors (Hadrian, Faraluun, L'orlei) - 47th-49th of Spring, 512 AV (Mura)
Faraluun
The Fallen Wanderer

Words: 84429
Joined roleplay: October 23rd, 2011, 6:00 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes