Helter Skelter

[Closed] You may be a lover, but you ain't no dancer.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Helter Skelter

Postby Seven Xu on April 1st, 2012, 4:25 pm

Pain exhausted patience. Seven moved to drive slender fingers beneath calloused ones, groping for some meaning between numb and shimmering lines. It wasn’t a scratch. Scratches hurt. This had budded as warm pinpricks and drew up flesh like the cold. “Maybe I’m dying.” It was half a joke. He tried to laugh. It emerged as a labored wheeze.

Suspicion urged Seven’s hand to leave the tangle between a confused palm and an unsolved scar to cup Victor’s ear. It did not linger there long, tracing a meandering trail down a velvet lobe, past a snarl of unruly black to the line of a sticky neck. The tired halfblood exhaled when he traced a curve of similarly raised flesh. He brushed at it, as if to wipe it away like a layer of leaden dirt. It was stubborn. It remained. “You’ve got it too, it’s…”

A lump rose in Seven’s throat, unwilling to be swallowed. It was not a foreign notion, he had seen it before. His father had shared a gilded knot with the Woman; countless others from strange necks in faceless crowds flooded his memory—but was it? How could it be, and if it was, why now? His callous thumb scraped it again.

“I know what it means.”

Blind fingertips fell from the obstinate mark in defeat. He was curious as to what it could look like, if it was possible. “It…” He searched for the words, but eloquence had left him. They stumbled out, thick and clumsy. “It means that—it means that I belong to you. And that you belong to me. It means that we’re bound in the eyes of gods and men, Victor.” A wet pink tongue reached out to trace his lips, curled in a water-thin smile. “It means everything you can’t feel, or say.”

Seven took the shirt. He fumbled against the cold ground for his dagger. Sleeves parted in a sickening rip from a deflated cotton torso, and he caught the chewed flesh of Victor’s forearm. “It means hope.” Tired, bloodless fingers threaded a shoulder through a wrist’s button hole. Angry skin peered out from either side of the makeshift bandage, but the worst had been obscured by sweat-laden protection.

When posed with the daunting task of wrapping his leg, Seven rolled over in defeat. He shouldered the ground and steadied a reeling head against cold, wet cobblestone. His ankle had swollen, turned all shades between red and purple; dark scabs had already begun to weave together voids where skin no longer lived. His fingers itched. He tried to coax that protection, that shimmering violet, but it would not take.

“I hope that’s what it means.”
Last edited by Seven Xu on April 22nd, 2012, 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seven Xu
Rhetoric can't raise the dead.

Words: 567538
Joined roleplay: April 30th, 2011, 11:02 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Helter Skelter

Postby Victor Lark on April 7th, 2012, 6:19 pm

“Oh,” was all he could say, and summoned up the energy to smile. Even then he forgot to remember how many necks back home had worn a similar mark; this one seemed so different, risen from flesh he cared for, wrought with bloodstained vows and seasons of intimate darkness. The shimmer of their devotion tingled on the edge of numb as his fingers pressed curiously against it, failing to mimic the examination their slender counterparts had performed, just moments previous.

Blood loss left him tired, his vision hazy, but as he looked down to his defeated companion he saw what remained of his shirt and did his duty. He slipped his dagger through the its seams, tore it into the fat slivers of a makeshift bandage and, lacking gauze or even water, inspected the raw flesh with his dry hands. Hesitant fingers moved like tenderness over the sticky wet burns, silently peeling away the charred and dead skin that had not been removed by clinging trousers; he was too concerned with Seven’s pain to even recognize that his flinches meant anything. He did not think to ask, only wrapped the strips of cloth around his leg and tied the knots where the skin was still whole.

His work lasted minutes, and minutes too long. When he finally fell to hug the ground beside Seven, squirming for a position that satisfied his complaining arm, there was one more piece of his destroyed shirt left. He draped it over his fool’s eyes, those eyes that drowned him, those eyes he loved. “And how does that make you feel?” He asked, and his mouth was plastered with the famous honey of a false smile.

But Victor stole the answer from parched pink lips before it could be said, pressing his own into the fangs he found there, if only out of habit. Of course the answer mattered—everything matters—but he already knew what it was, and the knowing was enough.
Victor Lark
How does that make you feel?

Words: 412831
Joined roleplay: April 8th, 2011, 8:33 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Helter Skelter

Postby Mirage on April 29th, 2012, 6:55 am

The Truth Within the Reality

Seven :
XP Awarded
  • Medicine: 2
  • Observation: 1
  • Running: 1

Lores Awarded
  • Nothing has changed
  • Survivor of the Wild Djed Storm
  • Seven and Victor: Bound as one, forever entwined
  • Victor: I see you as you are, and I love you still
  • Victor and Seven: Fates intertwined, a Chevas mark seals their love

Injuries
Seven has received 1st and 2nd degree burns on his right leg down to his ankle. These wounds will heal in 3 weeks time, if special care is taken and the wounds cleaned and bandages changed daily to avoid infection. His ankle injury will take between 6-8 weeks to completely heal if he stays off of it and gives it time to repair itself. If he insists upon walking on it heavily before the first 6 weeks are up then he may develop a slight limp as a result. The healed burns may also leave small scars.

Victor :
XP Awarded
  • Acting: 2
  • Leadership: 1
  • Medicine: 2
  • Running: 1

Lores Awarded
  • I felt… something
  • Survivor of the Wild Djed Storm
  • Seven and Victor: Bound as one, forever entwined
  • Victor and Seven: Fates intertwined, a Chevas mark seals their love
  • Wild Djed Storm: Should I Fear?

Injuries
Victor also has some 1st and 2nd degree burns on his arm. These are not as bad as Seven's, but they still will require at least 2 weeks to fully heal. Cleaning and fresh bandages daily will be required to avoid a serious infection, especially in the first 3-5 days. If healed properly these wounds will not leave scars.

The Truth Hidden by a Mirage :
As always I am blown away by both of your writing styles. They all flow so well, and honestly these two seem DESTINED to be together. Your writing styles both complement the other, and it is always a joy to grade your works. As you can see, it was not a huge XP grabber, but the lores you eared are very full and detailed. Your characters learned a lot about themselves and each other in this thread, and I LOVED the character development. Keep it up you two. PM me if you have any concerns.
Mirage
Truth is never certain

Words: 1231300
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2012, 8:47 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)

Previous