What's the best way to start?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Paris Lainfierno on May 1st, 2012, 2:52 am

Hey, I'm kinda new. I've made my character a while ago, but never actually gotten a start with him. I was wondering what would be the best place to start off? I want my character to start off in Lhavit, but I'm not exactly sure how to bring him in. I bet that many had asked questions similar to this, and any answer would be helpful.
There is no tomorrow. There is only a planet turning on its axis, and a creature given to optimistic fancies.-Robert Brault
Paris Lainfierno
Player

Words: 8601
Joined roleplay: March 13th, 2012, 1:50 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Nai'shee on May 1st, 2012, 2:51 pm

Well, if you have an image of who is your character you should start threading. If you want your character to be in Lhavit you should start in this thread, with the date on which your character came to Lhavit. If he was born there you don't have to do this, but you should send private message to storyteller of the city (Legion in this case).

When you finished that you can start posting. If you have trouble with finding people to thread with you can join an open thread (this is the only one I can notice currently, but somebody might open another and you can open one yourself). More common way is to open a thread in Matchmaker forum and state what are you searching for. Eventually somebody will ask you for a thread. :D

You can also do solo threads and flashbacks. Flashbacks are memories of your character's (that's solo flashback) or your and some other characters together. People usually flash out some big points in character's life or meeting some people that should be friends of their character in present. Solo threads are threads involving only your character and NPCs (non-player-character), so those can be job or class threads or some flashbacks about him or his family and similar.

Hope I helped. :)
ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee
One day, you'll all know my name

Words: 240186
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2011, 7:22 pm
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Paris Lainfierno on May 1st, 2012, 4:28 pm

Ok, thanks :)
There is no tomorrow. There is only a planet turning on its axis, and a creature given to optimistic fancies.-Robert Brault
Paris Lainfierno
Player

Words: 8601
Joined roleplay: March 13th, 2012, 1:50 am
Character sheet