[PC plotnotes]Nai'shee

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum is an OOC forum for PCS and Organizations to work out plans in hardcopy. Each PC or Organization gets a single thread where their players can help work out plans for their PC. Quests, mini-sagas, and Trips can all be organized here as well working out timelines and points of travel and things PCs need to do along the way. Each PC however gets only one Plotnote for their individual PC. Groups get one as well. There is no limit on individuals posting saga or trip plotnote threads. Please denote [PC Plotnotes] or [Group Plotnotes] or [Quest/Trip/Saga Plotnotes] when titling your threads.

[PC plotnotes]Nai'shee

Postby Nai'shee on June 20th, 2012, 8:34 pm

So, I run into this and decide to fully develop my character since there are times when I, myself, wonder what she would do. It isn't something really designed for Miza, but it can help keeping track of your character's psychological traits.

Primary motivations
  • 90-100% Achievement To overcome obstacles and succeed; to become the best
  • 60-70% Acquisition To obtain possessions/wealth
  • 50-60% Beneficence To protect the helpless, heal the sick, feed the hungry, etc.
  • 26-30% Creation To build or make new, such as art, culture, invention, design,etc.
  • 90-100% Discovery/Adventure To explore, uncover mysteries, and pioneer
  • 85-95% Education To provide information, teach, enlighten, or train
  • 51-55% Hedonism To enjoy all things sensuous
  • 61-73% Nobility/Honor To exalt ideals such as generosity, honesty, bravery, and courtliness
  • 71-80% Play To have fun, to enjoy life
  • 81-94% Recognition To gain approval, social status, or fame
  • 90-100% Understanding To seek knowledge or wisdom (spiritual, scientific, magical,etc)

Core traits
  • 70-80% Joyful
  • 10-20% Anxious
  • 1-7% Melancholy
  • 80-95% Curious
  • 40-45% Calm
  • 30-45% Angry
  • 1-15% Contemptuous
  • 70-80% Excited
  • 30-40% Apathetic
  • 20-30% Ashamed

Outlook: Optimistic
Integrity: Conscientious
Impulsiveness: Mostly spontaneous
Boldness: Cautious
Flexibility: Flexible
Affinity: Warm
Comportment: Agreeable
Interactivity: Engaging
Disclosure: Secretive
Conformity: Heterodox

Secondary traits
  • 1-10% Crude
  • 25-30% Pranks
  • 10-20% Dry
  • 20-30% Mean-spirited
  • 40-55% Slapstick
  • 70-80% Gleeful
  • 30-40% Jokey
  • 80-90% Surreal
  • 60-70% Cynical

Sexuality
Orientation: Hetero
Libido: Healthy
Expressiveness: Flirtatious
Style: Seductive
Openness to experience: Moderate
Promiscuousness: Polyamorous

Religion
Adherence: Casual
Tolerance: Tolerant
Expression of beliefs: Occasional
Converting others: Never
Attitude: Dunno
Religious association: None
Religious roles: None

Note: She isn't very religious, but she believes in Gods and occasionally prays to Laviku.

Quirks, habits, & oddities
  • 60-70% Facial tics
  • 60-70% Daydreaming
  • 10-20% Talking in sleep
  • 50-55% Compulsive lying
  • 20-30% Needless apologizing
  • 70-80% Sleeping in odd places (until joined University XD)
  • 90-95% Stealing

Hobbies & Enjoyments
  • 100% Boating/Sailing
  • 70-80% Riddles

Favorite topics of conversation
  • Work/profession/money
  • Entertainment—music, art, dance, games
  • Hobbies and pastimes
  • Current events
  • Philosophy
  • Science
  • Humor

Group Affiliation
Thieves, Martial Association of Zeltiva member, University student (Sailor: coming soon XD)

Mental & Emotional Disorders
  • 20-30% OCP
  • 40-45% Achluophobia, Arachnophobia (maybe, I'll develop it, developed due to the events during the storm)
  • 20-25% Claustrophobia

Last edited by Nai'shee on July 27th, 2012, 6:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee
One day, you'll all know my name

Words: 240186
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2011, 7:22 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

[PC plotnotes]Nai'shee

Postby Nai'shee on June 20th, 2012, 8:41 pm

To do list for Summer 512AV

Secret :
  1. Buy a rowboat and deliver it to Tock
  2. Buy supplies for the trip (?)
  3. Do the Auction Quest (doing it XD)
  4. Apply for DT3 if it comes up
  5. Do the threads you promised (check your PM for more info)
  6. Don't promise more threads until you finish most of the current ones - failed
  7. Same goes for Uni classes - 1/6 in progress - 0/6 done
  8. Don't die, get eaten or get another scar - failed
  9. Donate some more to the city and Martial Association or participate some more
  10. Get some skill to next level, whichever and let it be useful
  11. Do few trainings in Martial Association
  12. Think of some creative challenges for this season - failed
  13. Help some noob

Ongoing:
  • Finish goddamn 2 job threads in time - 1/2 in progress - 0/2 done
  • OOC: Draw Nai'shee
  • Bond with Lyam both-sidedly already

To do list for Fall 512AV

1. Finish Summer threads
  2. Have some fun at Sunberth
  3. Do the Epic Quest
  4. While you're at Sahova, get Nai find out what Nuits are at all
  5. Get into some PC or NPC trouble (somebody trying to get a body)
  6. Don't forget the Sahova entrance thread
  7. Start a trip back to Zeltiva by the end of Fall, if possible, without ending up in Sunberth on long terms, becoming a slave, staying in Sahova, starting a long journey and so on
  8. Earn some more moniez
  9. Meet some sailor or fellow sailor-wannabe
  10. Fail at something

To do list: Long Term Goals

1. Educate Nai'shee for some proper job
  2. Get Nai to seriously and honestly talk about emotions
  3. Learn some fishing, flint kidnapping, food preservation, hunting, medicine, tracking, trapping
  4. Get Nai her lost family which will most likely actually be Svefra pod and make her find out about them and her real name which I won't post here :P
  5. Become a freaking sailor

Last edited by Nai'shee on September 11th, 2012, 9:28 pm, edited 14 times in total.
ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

[PC plotnotes]Nai'shee

Postby Nai'shee on June 20th, 2012, 9:55 pm

People I have met
This list is mostly unupdated, so I moved it here from character sheet. :)

Date Name Thread Location Status
34th day of Spring, 501AV Thomas Lacey Never lose a holy curiosity Zeltiva Acquaintance (flashing out friendship in progress)
23rd day of Spring, 505AV Eridanus Reduce the darkness Zeltiva Friendly acquaintance/teacher
4th of Summer, 509AV Ndale Soromud Once upon a time... Zeltiva Acquaintance (flashing out something in progress)
50th day of Summer, 510AV Razia Smoke and Mirrors Zeltiva Acquaintance (flashing out friendship in progress)
6th of Winter, 511AV Lyam Alone in the dark forest, don't rest, don't rest Zeltiva Met him in wolf form
23rd of Winter, 511AV Seto A chance meeting Zeltiva Acquaintance
85th of Winter, 511AV Trente Ostentatoire-Criard Eclatante [Seasonal Quest]The Winter Ball Zeltiva Friend
85th of Winter, 511AV Stri Navasarjaka [Seasonal Quest]The Winter Ball Zeltiva Acquaintance
85th of Winter, 511AV Faylon Kwanda [Seasonal Quest]The Winter Ball Zeltiva Acquaintance
85th of Winter, 511AV Idue [Seasonal Quest]The Winter Ball Zeltiva Acquaintance
91st of Winter, 511AV Apola Lonelyness and sales Zeltiva Acquaintance
91st of Winter, 511AV Eorar Nevenon Lonelyness and sales Zeltiva Acquaintance
6th of Spring, 512AV Lyam (human form) A case of double identity Zeltiva Friendly acquaintance (future bondmate)
19th of Spring, 512AV Satevis (human form) Prospects gather Zeltiva Acquaintance (Benshira)
63rd of Spring, 512AV Minerva Agatha Zipporah Down at the Docks Zeltiva Acquaintance
ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

[PC plotnotes]Nai'shee

Postby Nai'shee on June 30th, 2012, 4:35 pm

Nai'shee's handwriting:

Text here
Code: Select all
[size=200][googlefont=Alex Brush]Text here[/googlefont][/size]

Text here
Code: Select all
[size=200][googlefont=The Girl Next Door]Text here[/googlefont][/size]
ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

[PC plotnotes]Nai'shee

Postby Nai'shee on August 2nd, 2012, 10:55 am

How To Speak "Tock"

At long last, the answers to some oft-asked questions and confusion about the things Tock says.

Tock says... Translation Usage
"Wotcher?" "What are you doing?" Usually used as a greeting, eg "What's up?"
"Owzer?" "How are you doing?" Self explanatory.
"Tucker" "Food/ A meal" Usually specifically used when inviting someone out to lunch/dinner
"Middie" "A medium-sized mug of ale" As opposed to a 'pint' of ale.
References to people, in descending order of how much she likes you (Male/Female)
"Love/Conch" "Person I like a lot/ feel very close to" Usually "love" will be reserved for a man she is romantically involved with (so far it has only been used for Satevis). "Conch" is specifically short for "conscientious person", and is generally reserved for someone who is both friendly AND helpful/ eager to volunteer without complaint (so far only used for Nai'shee and Wart).
"Mate/Sook" "Person I like/ am friends with" Generally used in the same context as 'buddy/pal' or 'sweetie/dear'.
"Guv/Shelia" "Annoying or stuck up person" Generally interchangeable with "Poshy," referring to snobbish, irritating, or big headed people
"Bloke" "Foolish person" Typically strictly male, used when she's in a bad mood.
"Bludger" or "Dodger" "Lazy person or someone who tries to 'dodge' work" Interchangeable male or female. Related to 'layabout'

Other general translation tips:

- Always cuts the 'g' off any word ending in '-ing'
- Always cuts the 'h' from the beginning of words
- Shortens 'here' or 'there' to just ''ere' (context of the sentence can reveal which is which)
- Shortens 'their' to ''eir'
- Substitutes 'I's' for 'I'm', 'yer' for 'your', 'ya' or 'yous' for 'you', and 'you's' for 'you're'

That's all I can think of for now. Though I know she occasionally pops out some other strange phrases...
ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

[PC plotnotes]Nai'shee

Postby Nai'shee on September 11th, 2012, 9:18 pm

Random Yahoo!Answers guy on writing fighting scene (for future reference)

1) When you're trying to increase tension in the reader/scene, use shorter, simpler sentences because they are more quickly read and increase the pacing and ..thus...the tension.

2) Stick to one character's perspective during the fight (instead of head-jumping to everyone involved. I once read a book written in omniscient perspective that did this and it wasn't executed well). By remaining in one character's head, you would focus on details that only that one character would notice and then you would describe those details in a way that only that character would notice. This personalizes the fight scene and develops characterization.

3) Avoid writing a play-by-play of every action that occurs in the scene. Only tell me what's physically happening in between the scene's dialogue/monologue. I'm more interested in learning what he's thinking or what they're saying than what they do. And when you do show what's physically happening, make sure you limit it to the important actions that push the scene along. I don't need to see them circling each other or gauging each other--sizing the other guy up. I need to see the actions that tell me something important about that character and/or the situation.

4) Be selective with your details. Fight scenes are tense and require fast pacing. You wouldn't pause the action and describe a butterfly or a dog frolicking through a field unless it was relevant to the fighting itself. (This might seem obvious but you'd be surprised).

5) Avoid overuse of adverbs/adjectives. Nothing is more cheesy than reading "He punched profusely" or "he moved fluidly"...instead, pick a strong verb that prevents using adverbs like 'profusely' and 'repeatedly.' Try 'pummeled' instead or choose the verb that best tells the reader what happened without dressing up the action with too many 'ly' 'ing' adverbs.

6) Do your research. It's all about naming things properly. It's about describing things with enough brevity that you don't interrupt the flow/pacing of the scene. It's about choosing organic enough words that they'll blend into the rest of the narrative without jarring the reader or taking anything away from the scene. It's about conveying a message and pushing plot or character development along. If your fight scene doesn't do the above, then it doesn't belong in the story.

7) Consistency. This has to do with character development but obviously you wouldn't make your characters behave in a manner that is inconsistent to who they are. You can't, for instance, suddenly tell the reader that Jacob knows karate without having foreshadowed this earlier in the story. Likewise, if Jacob is a coward and never fought before in his life, how could he know karate since karate is the type of sport that requires physical practice? It's inconsistencies like these that ruin fight scenes.

-Gemi

ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes