Wiggle Your Big Toe (Solo)

A dead man lives again.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Rio on March 28th, 2011, 6:57 am

Spring 512 AV
Water rose and fell along the bay shoreline with the swell of the evening tide. Moonlight illuminated the illusory haze above the maritime. Wind drifted along the small beach, remnants of Winter’s Bonesnapper still present. Distant croons of birds and the crashing surf harmonized with the silence of black night. Unfurling before the eyes of Lhex himself: a new chapter of a dead mans life.

Consciousness.

Rio's lifeless body lay in wet sand. Swells of water surged in rhythmic pulses around him as the tide came and went. Every swell would lift Rio’s body from the ground, subsequently pushing him a few inches to the left or to the right, or towards the sea or to the dry land behind him.

His eyes opened moments later, blinking grime away from his vision. He noticed two things at first: darkness surrounded him and he had no strength to move. He was cemented in the sand with only the power to accommodate the wishes of his eyeballs. Rio tried to open his mouth to curse, but barely managed a shrewd croak of the throat before his lips split and cracked.

“I’m dead,” he said in his head. Maybe he was right. Despite just waking up to life, he seemed to be waiting on Death's door. The hellish sprites of irony were cackling.

If Rio could have furrowed his brow he would've. Attempts at recalling how he managed to be in this situation were not going well. "Damn fool," he thought, "there must be a reason my washing up on shore." For the life of him however, he could not think of why. In truth, no thread of thought or memory seemed to exist prior to his existence there out on the beach front. This disturbed him, as it would anyone. "Too cliche," he thought to himself. He choked on sea water and coughed in an attempt to sigh.

Time passed. No longer did the tide wash over him. He lay on drying sand. The starry night sky watched with curious uncertainty. Rio watched as various little creatures crawled across his body. "Shameful," he thought. The urge to fight began slipping away and the urge to survive seemed more and more satisfied. With barely enough strength to think, Rio accepted his lost fate and closed his eyes.
Food for the worms.
Rio
Finding purpose within myself...

Words: 4718
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2011, 12:07 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet

Postby Rio on May 1st, 2012, 11:35 pm

~~

It was a black night in Zeltiva. Despite the several thousand stars, light could not pierce the thick blanket that cloaked the famous harbor town in darkness. Residents slept soundly (despite the recent other-worldly events) while midnight traders and early morning street socialites treaded quietly in their endeavors. The air was still... However...

If one were to have walked along the small sandy part of the bay without presence, one would have stumbled upon a curious sight.

Covered in seaweed, sand, and other mysteries of the sea, lay a water logged corpse. And beside the corpse stood an unnaturally large black bird.

If one were to continue, still without presence, one would discover even more curious things.

The unnaturally large black bird stood with its beak positioned within brushing distance to the corpses ear, cooing softly, speaking a story to it beyond the grave. After it was done uttering bird speak, it hopped onto the chest of the deceased and began to soundlessly beat its wings. The indistinct flapping motion continued on for quite some time, until suddenly, the bird stopped mid air - wings frozen above him. It stood still with the moon for quite some time, waiting and motionless, until the most curious event of the night occurred.

After what seemed like endless moments of stillness, the eyes of the unnaturally large black bird suddenly flared a deep and bright red, daring the stars to be greater, breaking the silence of the night with a piercing shrill, disturbing the serenity of the Gods. The unnaturally large black bird then collapsed into a cloud of black smoke, covering the body, then seeping into what remained of the flesh and bone and disappearing from sight.

Alas, there was no one to witness to the curious midnight events on the small sandy part of the bay. The mysterious corpse and the stars remained to be the only memories and knowledge-bearers of the occurrence.

~~

Rio awoke again. He knew not how much time had passed. He was reminded of the sensory experience quite quickly though, as he felt himself being dragged through the sand.

Rio did not display his newfound consciousness to the short stocky figure pulling him by his boney legs. He silently assessed the situation. It was clear he was paralyzed from the waist down. He could not feel the pull on his ankles or the flex his calf muscles. Despite this disadvantage, he felt a primal strength inside his chest that was not there last he remembered. He would wonder about it later.

Rio's back slid over a sharp fist-sized rock. In that moment he strained his arm over his head to grasp it, then threw it with all his might at the kidnapper's back.

"What the..." The unlucky man gasped as he dropped Rio's legs and turned around to see what had happened. With ferocity, Rio threw his abdomen towards the man, spinning on his hips so that he now bent towards the standing man's legs, where he then grabbed onto them and dug his finger nails in as far as they would go. A loud yelp of pain and string of curses protruded from the stocky man's mouth, and after a sadistic moment of pleasure, Rio pulled with all his might. The man fell on his ass, toppling onto his back, where he hit his head on a rock in the ground. He groaned in agony.

Rio took advantage of his opponents sluggish sensibility. He clawed his way on top of the man, then reach back and picked up the rock he had thrown, and hovered it above his head, ready to strike. "Who are you?!" growled Rio. Shadows of the night covered the man's face.

"WHO ARE YOU?!" Rio growled again, ignoring the scorching pain in his throat. His victim's eyes opened wide. Rio pressed the sharp rock against the man's throat. "Answer me."

"I-I-I... I'm... You were DEAD!" the man blubbered.

"Maybe I was. Unlucky for you."

"I thought you were dead. I was just going to sell your good parts on Sahova. P-P-Please I'll go. L-Let me go," said the man. Fear was in his eyes.

"Did you see me come onto shore? Was there anything by my body? What do you know?"

"P-Please... There was nothing. I was just walking and stumbled upon you. My brother deals with the Nuit on Sahova and I thought I could make a quick coin selling your parts to him. Please, I'm telling the truth, I swear it."

"I believe you," Rio's expression became defeated. It would be the last face the man would ever see. Rio bludgeoned the top of his victim's head. The first hit knocked him out, the second stole his life.

"Rest well," Rio muttered.
Food for the worms.
Rio
Finding purpose within myself...

Words: 4718
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2011, 12:07 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet