[Alea's Scrapbook] The Couch

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Alea Davenport on May 2nd, 2012, 10:09 pm

Well, everyone else is doing a personality test, so I'll jump on the bandwagon.

INFP

distinctively expressed introvert
slightly expressed intuitive personality
moderately expressed feeling personality
moderately expressed perceiving personality

Which apparently makes me a healer.

If this makes no sense to you, you obviously haven't gotten to know me well enough ;)
Alea Davenport
Wielder of Obfuscated and Circuitous Logic

Words: 477755
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2011, 10:54 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Alea Davenport on May 9th, 2012, 4:45 am

Generic apologies for my slowness in posting. Not sure if it was life getting busy or generic other stuff, but my motivation has been lacking for the past couple weeks. Most likely I just took on too much at once. I will hopefully start catching up soon, but I'm really just not sure how long it will take, and setting a deadline will only stress me out more and make it take longer.

This affects:
Alea Davenport
Emmadalor
Iskessah Kosun

I don't think I owe any posts for Kit, so I'm not too worried about that. Anyway, this was just a heads up that I seem to be in one of my less productive periods, and to request patience from everyone I'm threading with while I work on catching up. It will probably happen rapidly and all at once at some unspecified point in the future (at which point, odds are I'll take on more new threads and go through this whole cycle again ^^; ).

Edit:
I think I figured out what was bugging me. I finished at least half of my overdue posts tonight, and I should be able to polish off the rest tomorrow.

Turns out, I really don't like the future of my characters being uncertain. I'd like to state for the record that, while I understand not wanting to lock your characters into a set future path, there is something to be said for ooc planning. Aside from it being fun to imagine all of the possible paths your character could take, regardless of whether they come to pass, some amount of planning ooc can avoid the problem of having a thread grind to a halt because of a complete and utter lack of knowing what to do next.

Anyway, my main roadblock for this round of Mizahar-downtime has been resolved, so I should be starting back up with activity this weekend.

Also, it turns out, I DID have a post for Kit when I originally wrote this post, but I didn't notice because my email failed to notify me x.x Not sure what's going on there.
Alea Davenport

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Gossamer on August 4th, 2012, 5:28 pm

The Reading
Alright. I hope you enjoy this. I thought it was very informative.

ImageCard Position: The Significator. This cards position indicates the atmosphere around the situation or question. I often consider it the backdrop or the scene that is set.

Card Name: Three of Swords: Tears and Woe

Standard Meaning: This card is the manifestation of emotional pain, grief, separation, sorrow, loss, and the end of affairs of the heart.

Gossamer's Notes: In this location this card is the situation that surrounds you. In one way or the other you're in mourning and have been for a while. Existing in this sort of situation is difficult and emotionally trying at best so you have issues with energy levels and spend a great deal of time going over and over the events and situations of the past looking for self improvement or else self understanding.

ImageCard Position: Major Influences. This is what drives the signifcator. It has to do with a great deal of history and present rolled up into the main overall thoughts or feelings on the subject.

Card Name: Ace of Pentacles: Richest and Rewards

Standard Meaning: This card represents contentment, attainment, prosperity of the spiritual and material kind.

Gossamer's Notes: So unlike the previous card, this card is almost opposite of what the first card was. It simply means in a nutshell that what you have now is not what you want. What you want is clearly outlined in your head, underlined, highlighted, and stuck up on a pegboard for the whole world to see. This is it. This is what your going to get if it kills you and that drives you a great deal. It's not a bad card, but in this place it can be considered bad because it usually indicates that you are setting some extremely high goals and ignoring the middle ground where there can be happiness as well.

Make sure that this is what you truly want. Equate it to a conversation we had the other day about a computer problem and potentially needing a new screen or graphics card. Brand brand new is what everyone wants. However, what you actually need is just a version that works. So a computer shop with a junk parts bin with the card of screen you need will fit the bill perfectly. The minute you crack the case on something new and throw it in its appointed task, it isn't new anymore. It becomes used. Used is perfectly fine. Don't skip over it for a shiny that gives you no benefit from being a shiny.

ImageCard Position: What Roots You - this is the basic fundamental makeup of who you are, your values, and the things that keep you firmly rooted to the ground.

Card Name: The Emperor (Major Arcana)

Standard Meaning: A stable authoritative and powerful leader. This card depicts a person with reason and conviction who's successful, secure, and a parental figure for quite a few people.

Gossamer's Notes: When women get male energy cards, its not a bad thing. I find I enjoy these individuals more than those utterly oozing feminine archetype - beauty, fertility, mothering. You basically have a lot of common interest with men your age rather than women and because of that you find making close friends who are female rather difficult. But, the truth is you will tend to be a good deal stronger and not get too excited over things that don't merit excitement and thus be able to weather some of the storms that will be blowing through your life.

Look for and cater to male friends for a while as well. Give your self a break from estrogen world.

ImageCard Position: What Crowns You - these are your overhead ideals and the person you see yourself being or becoming. Conversely it can be the cloud cover that obstructs you from deciding who you want to be or seeing yourself as that shining light.

Card Name: Strength (Major Arcana)

Standard Meaning: Energy, courage, conviction, power. This also can represent a gift to soothe other's grief or help solve their problems. Also denotes an excellent listener.

Gossamer's Notes: In many spreads this is the ideal you that you are striving for in terms of your core personality. Lots of time it can be considered cloud cover obscuring your soul from the world. But in this case this is who you really want to be. As funny as it sounds, you want to be superman to the worlds gotham city. If you can manifest this out of yourself, you'll have reached a place where you can be totally happy with who you are and what you've done in life. Many people think they are already happy, but the truth is almost everyone you meet is dissatisfied about things involving themselves, their personalities, or their physical appearance. You are going beyond this and really only caring about the meat and bones of the issue - your core personality. All the rest of it is just window dressing as far as you are concerned.

ImageCard Position: Distant Past Before A Major Life Change - I usually tell people its before they moved out for college, graduated college and joined the real world, changed their last job, etc. Whatever your change, you'll recognize it.

Card Name: Ace Of Cups: Bounty

Standard Meaning: An overabundance of joy, perfection, fulfillment where things were favorable and full of faith. This card also represents love.

Gossamer's Notes: Its hard to have this and loose it isn't it? I would say that you had a fairly stable childhood, a normal growing up as much as anyone can these days, and was surrounded by positive vibes. You know what good is. You've held it, tasted it, been engulfed in it. You want it now, or the memory of what it was. But be careful because time can change our memories. If we were able to step back as today's people and look around at the 'back then' we'd see the real truth and not the truth as our mind laid it out. Be wary of longing for something that was just a facade or the echo. If it was real that was fantastic and you can search and acquire that again. But its very hard to do so.

ImageCard Position: Recent Past - this isn't before a big change. This is well withing this week or even the last few days.

Card Name: The Hanged Man (Major Arcana)

Standard Meaning: Life in limbo or suspension. Suspense, slow change, inner truth, a fluctuation in your point of view.

Gossamer's Notes: You haven't been going anywhere. No lateral or longitudinal movement and things have been in limbo. Sometimes when we get this it means we go through a time of inner reflection where we make decisions and re-evaluate our lives. Sometimes we just have to take 'me' time and get to know ourselves all over again. And 'me' time might be the wrong thing to say because it usually ends up being 'time I did other stuff than what I normally do' instead of any big soul searching etc. For every person its different, but mostly it means you need this period to actually start figuring things out. This is the recent past though... days.. maybe weeks.. and you know you are in this stage.

I always find these stages really hard to get through and very draining on my body and mind. Hopefully you've weathered yours well enough.

ImageCard Position: Self - This is your current place in the situation.

Card Name: Justice (Major Arcana)

Standard Meaning: All's Fair. Balance, rightness, equality or legal matters and negotiations.

Gossamer's Notes: My take on this is that you've been having an inner dialog and negotiation with yourself in a heavy way. You've reached some compromises and are slowly settling into a place where you are more happy with how things are in terms of your inner workings rather than the constant dissatisfaction that I see sort of plaguing you throughout this reading. It might be that you've come to terms with your outlook on life or accepted that you are who you are and things aren't going to change. It means you're being fair with yourself too and saying things like... "Okay, I'm different. I can live with that. I'm just unhappy when I try to be like everyone else." And that's a good place to be.

ImageCard Position: Feelings

Card Name: Judgement (Major Arcana)

Standard Meaning: A rejuvenation, rebirth, acquisition of purpose or atonement. This is a definite change of stance and an accounting for ones actions.

Gossamer's Notes: So. You're finally okay with things are you? This is a good start. I see that your definitely coming out of this limbo you've been in. One can also equate it to a wooly worm building a chrysalis and getting ready to hatch out of it a butterfly. Cheesy analogy but its very apropos here. You've clearly been in limbo to redefine and reinvent yourself internally if not externally. You are satisfied with your work as well, even though it was intensive and somewhat obsessive. You've picked apart every detail of the past and while you might not wholly understand all of them, there's a certain level of acceptance and understanding you've gained from the process. Justice has been served. You've done your time and you are ready for a new life.

How does it feel? Even if you don't feel particularly reinvented, it might be a good idea to gently query people in your life that have known you the longest and have interacted with you enough to know if you've changed or not. Sometimes they can give you startling clarity that you wouldn't otherwise see.

ImageCard Position: Hopes and Fears

Card Name: Eight of Wands: Sudden Advancement

Standard Meaning: Transcendence, swift activity, freedom from action after a period of inaction. Things are going to happen fast. Travel, both physical and mental.

Gossamer's Notes: Okay, this card tells me that you hope for all this and the reading definitely sets it up as possible. You are tired of being patient and loitering on the outskirts of any number of things when you're happiest being knee deep in the inner workings. You want to be part of a group again and feel really needed and depended upon. Don't rush things though. You really want too because you have this brand new redesigned self that's truer to the 'you' than you've ever been before. But it's never a good idea to rush things. You are one of these people that over think things, over analyze things and that will cause you to drive yourself nuts deciding on when and where to rejoin a tight knit group. The bottom line is that you are just going to have to let the cards fall where they will and see if you like the result by tentatively stepping into this sphere or that one, testing the waters and 'shopping' for the perfect match.

ImageCard Position: Final Outcome

Card Name: The World (Major Arcana)

Standard Meaning: Completion, the end of a way of life, success. This card means victory in the end, a new beginning, a change of location, or hope for the future. It also means the admiration of friends.

Gossamer's Notes: This card could not have been placed better if it was hand picked. It was not. I smiled, no cheered, when I turned it over because to me it says you are going to get everything you need and desire deep down. It may not be what you expected, but what you're barreling towards is going to be what you need and where you want to be at this particular place in time. It will be good for you as well. And when I mean good for you, it will validate you as a person and make you understand that the sheer amount of redesign you just put into yourself was well and truly worth it. And if you are confused by what I mean by redesign this might be something you haven't actively been doing. This is however what happened. I'll elaborate more on this in the next section.

So What Does It Mean?

This reading was a very good one. By good I mean it wasn't muddled, muddy, or hinted at vague things. It was very specific and the cards could pick up on you and had no trouble commenting on your life and where you are right now in it. There's no 'love', no great 'achievement' listed in this spread. Instead it says your naturally moving on to the next stage and you'll be fairly happy with how that's going to turn out. So in that context there's a lot of success and you should in the very near future have a sense of a job well done. I would suggest going out and taking this opportunity to meet new people, try new places, talk to strangers, or perhaps even just take a moment to converse with a neighbor or someone who you haven't ever really given the time of day before. This spread says there are gems sprinkled throughout your life and all you need to do now - now that you are ready for them - is open your eyes and try to spot them. You'll recognize them when you do. They give off a specific sparkle that is appealing to you.

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Alea Davenport on January 26th, 2013, 12:53 am

From the maker of Crash Course Biology (brother of the maker of Crash Course World History), a video on friendship. I thought it would be lovely and educational for people. And if you already know all this stuff, then you can just congratulate yourself on being savvy ;)

How to Make Friends

EDIT: I found more videos I find interesting and important and educational. I'm just going to store them here.

We're all Scared.
Alea Davenport

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Alea Davenport on February 3rd, 2013, 11:07 pm

Beky's Ragecation

It's not you, it's me. I have all this hostility boiling inside me, from a source I can't quite place, and if I try to write like this, my characters (Alea, Iskessah, and Scorn) will suffer, and possibly the people I'm threading with as well.

I don't know how long this ragecation will last. Longer than you hope, shorter than you fear. Will a little luck, I'll come back recharged and ready to pump out some awesome posts. Until then...
Alea Davenport

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Alea Davenport on February 9th, 2013, 2:36 pm

The ragecation had downgraded into just taking a break (i.e. I am not longer angry, but I'm still on hiatus). Meanwhile, here are some pictures of a crazy thing I did to tide you all over.
Alea Davenport

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Ana Sol Starris on February 9th, 2013, 7:07 pm

Alea! You look like a dude now! But thats awesome; courage in a nutshell to choose baldyness. >.>
Ana Sol Starris
Sneak Thief

Words: 706912
Joined roleplay: January 11th, 2012, 3:27 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Alea Davenport on May 27th, 2013, 8:52 pm

My muse has been absent for several weeks now at least. I think when the thought of writing fills me with more dread than enthusiasm, it is time for me to take a break. I'm not sure how long I'll be gone, and I apologize to anyone who is inconvenienced by this. I hope to eventually come back and finish the threads I'm currently involved in, but I understand if anyone would rather not wait for me. I should still be able to respond to PMs, but anything IC is beyond my abilities right now.

(This also goes for my alts: Iskessah Kosun and Scorn)
Alea Davenport

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Ana Sol Starris on May 27th, 2013, 8:57 pm

>.> Rawr. Come back soon Alea. :P
Ana Sol Starris
Sneak Thief

Words: 706912
Joined roleplay: January 11th, 2012, 3:27 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Evalin on May 28th, 2013, 6:27 am

I will always be here!! and i am on AIM a lot more now so maybe I will catch you online sometime soon :D
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

PreviousNext