[Kalila/Amani's Scrapbook] The Serpent's Lair

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Chamaeleon on May 3rd, 2012, 11:21 am

Spider, spider.
Chamaeleon
My kiss is poison.

Words: 90951
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2012, 10:11 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Amani on May 3rd, 2012, 1:30 pm

I believe in destiny, do you?

Amani
Player

Words: 15663
Joined roleplay: April 16th, 2012, 7:04 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Sahashkalila on May 3rd, 2012, 2:28 pm

So I took this personality test that my darling friend Erudite had on her scrapbook (which was posted by Victor Lark) and I have found that the results were...incredibly accurate, and also a bit surprising. I never would have thought that I would be considered some of these things, since I suppose they have a somewhat negative connotation if you are to either read about it or hear it in passing conversation. But then again I suppose its not a bad thing either. Here are the results:
Results Strength of Preference
Introverted 78
Sensing 25
Feeling 25
Judging 11

This was definitely not something that I was expecting, especially the introverted part, but I suppose it makes sense in a way. I like spending time alone, when I am able to have free time. Now, don't get me wrong, I like people and enjoy being around people and my close friends, but I value my alone time highly. Which I suppose that makes me introverted. Here are a few descriptions of this personality type:
ISFJs are characterized above all by their desire to serve others, their "need to be needed." In extreme cases, this need is so strong that standard give-and-take relationships are deeply unsatisfying to them; however, most ISFJs find more than enough with which to occupy themselves within the framework of a normal life. (Since ISFJs, like all SJs, are very much bound by the prevailing social conventions, their form of "service" is likely to exclude any elements of moral or political controversy; they specialize in the local, the personal, and the practical.)

ISFJs are often unappreciated, at work, home, and play. Ironically, because they prove over and over that they can be relied on for their loyalty and unstinting, high-quality work, those around them often take them for granted--even take advantage of them. Admittedly, the problem is sometimes aggravated by the ISFJs themselves; for instance, they are notoriously bad at delegating ("If you want it done right, do it yourself"). And although they're hurt by being treated like doormats, they are often unwilling to toot their own horns about their accomplishments because they feel that although they deserve more credit than they're getting, it's somehow wrong to want any sort of reward for doing work (which is supposed to be a virtue in itself). (And as low-profile Is, their actions don't call attention to themselves as with charismatic Es.) Because of all of this, ISFJs are often overworked, and as a result may suffer from psychosomatic illnesses.

Like most Is, ISFJs have a few, close friends. They are extremely loyal to these, and are ready to provide emotional and practical support at a moment's notice. (However, like most Fs they hate confrontation; if you get into a fight, don't expect them to jump in after you. You can count on them, however, run and get the nearest authority figure.) Unlike with EPs, the older the friendship is, the more an ISFJ will value it. One ISFJ trait that is easily misunderstood by those who haven't known them long is that they are often unable to either hide or articulate any distress they may be feeling. For instance, an ISFJ child may be reproved for "sulking," the actual cause of which is a combination of physical illness plus misguided "good manners." An adult ISFJ may drive a (later ashamed) friend or SO into a fit of temper over the ISFJ's unexplained moodiness, only afterwards to explain about a death in the family they "didn't want to burden anyone with." Those close to ISFJs should learn to watch for the warning signs in these situations and take the initiative themselves to uncover the problem.

Credit for this source is here.
Sahashkalila
I will forge my own path and begin anew.

Words: 129141
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2012, 11:30 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Sahashkalila on May 4th, 2012, 3:33 am

ImageSahashkalila

I realized that when I began doing this that I might should have done a post about both of my characters first, but as long as a post about them is in here somewhere than I guess that's what counts right? So I will begin with my lovely serpent healer, my first ever character on this site.

I will be honest, I really didn't have much of a plan when I began with her. I was a newb to the sight who had no idea how a forum worked, so I did the best that I could with what I knew at the time and spent a good solid week going over the lores and race list, and anything else that I may have found useful as I tried to make my first character. Dhani was the immediate race that intrigued me, and I couldn't resist making one of my own, and an outcast at that. My only thoughts being, "What would happen if one of their own rejected that way of life? What if she wanted to find something to fulfill her purpose?". That's what I ended up doing, and in turn, got a character that I love dearly and want to develop her struggles more. So, that's my little backstory of how she came into being, now let me explain who Kalila is.

Kalila has no malice in her heart, and I honestly don't believe she would ever be capable of that since it is not her way. I see her as more of a loner really, craving that interaction and closeness with people, but afraid of what would happen if she revealed herself if she got to attached to anyone. Fear of rejection is a strong motivator, and so is self preservation. Two things that she has had to live by in the four long years that she traveled both with her brother and without. I would think that it would be hard for her to make connections at first because she is always suspicious and always cautious about revealing too much about herself. She does not want any of that to come back to haunt her later and bring her to ruin. I do know though, that when she does make close relationships, she would be loyal until the end, her friendship never wavering. Friendships are precious to her, and she does not ever wish to do anything to lose them.

I have found that it has been a bit difficult to keep her morals straight in the kind of atmosphere she is in. Being a healer in a mercenary gang is a bit difficult since her nature would be useful to them, but she would never willingly harm anyone unless in self defense or if she is protecting someone. That has only been the difficult part for me, the rest I just let flow, letting emotion guide me in what I write for her. I think she acts through her emotions, letting them rule her decisions in life. Perhaps that is both a blessing and a curse, but I would rather her be ruled by emotion than to separate her from it.

NOTEI am going to add more to this, I just wanted to go ahead and post what I have now :)
Last edited by Sahashkalila on May 4th, 2012, 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sahashkalila

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Sahashkalila on May 4th, 2012, 3:39 am

Sahashkalila

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Sahashkalila on May 4th, 2012, 3:45 pm

Sahashkalila

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Sahashkalila on May 4th, 2012, 4:25 pm

I thought that every once in awhile I would post some of my favorite songs. This is a demo from one of my favorite bands.

Sahashkalila

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Sahashkalila on May 4th, 2012, 6:52 pm

Sahashkalila

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Sahashkalila on May 5th, 2012, 2:35 pm

Sahashkalila

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Sahashkalila on May 7th, 2012, 1:30 am

Sahashkalila

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

PreviousNext