[Flasback]First days in Alvadas(Solo)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

[Flasback]First days in Alvadas(Solo)

Postby Martin Oreneus on May 6th, 2012, 4:04 am

Spring 37, 497 AV

Weeks after his escape from the slave traders, Martin had slept in a cold alleyway. Or that was what it was when he had laid down. Now, as he opened his eyes, he seen that he was in front of a building. He jumped, expecting to see one of the slave traders standing beside him. He looked around, the men who had violated and murdered his mother were nowhere to be found. "They might have gave up." He thought.

It was possible, but even if they did, he was stuck here for now. How could he survive with no money? Then he noticed a man who was staring up into the sky, he looked as if he was lost. It didn't take long before Martin a small bag hanging from the side of his pants. Martin sneaked up behind him as the man tried to understand where he was then snatched the bag. When the man turned Martin had already dashed into the throng of people. He could hear the man yell as he darted through the street.

He turned into a alley and stopped to breath, this reminded him of when he would play in the streets with his friends....but now....Martin collapsed, tears streaming down his face. His father....his friends...his mother......all gone, "Oh, why is this happening to me!!?" he said sadly. He cried and cried, and something that he did not realize until he was older; no one had even stopped to ask why, which only made his heart more cold to the others.

After an hour of sobs and tears, he had wiped the tears from his eyes. He looked at the money clutched in his hand, he counted it and found out that he snatched 10 Miza. "Not much , I can't go home with so little." Said a little voice in his head, he turned on the voice quickly, "Home?! HOME?! We have no home! This is our home! We have to survive, on our own now!" He could feel the voice shrink away from him, he smirked unconsciously, and Martin would never find it out, but this was when he became what he is today.

The voice came up to say one last thing, "Then what do we do?" the voice did not sound little, it sounded almost like his father's. Martin pondered the question then looked at the money which twinkled in the light, "We do what we must...we do what we must." he thought, then he turned out of the alley and walked away.

Spring 38, 497 AV

The next day, Martin woke up in another street which he did not go to sleep in, "This city is crazy." he said to himself. Though he was young he wasn't stupid, he understood that the man he robbed the day before was like him, he wasn't accustomed to this place, he must have been a wanderer. So Martin spent most of the day, walking through the damp, depressing streets, and though no one else might had felt that way about them, it was how Martin felt. And that was all he cared about.

Martin had came upon places that he thought he had already walked past, and they almost looked familiar but, they had been changed out of recognition, the only parts recognizable would be the name of the place. He had walked through the city for at least a hour and a half, before he seen someone walking down the street with their pursing hanging by the belt. Martin crept behind the man and began to pull his purse from his belt. The man had noticed right before Martin could yank it and dash off, the man grabbed Martin by the back of his shirt, "What do you think you are doing?" the man said angrily, people now noticed the confrontation, some watched and others began to walk away faster.

Martin pulled from the man's grasp, he started to push through the crowd, the man ran after him. A man grabbed Martin, "Let me go!" Martin exclaimed, the man who he pulled the purse from walked to him, "I think I can deal with him now, thank you sir." he said to the other man, as he grabbed Martin from his grip. The other man smiled, with horrible yellow teeth lodged in his gums, and held out his hand, the man with the purse, which Martin noticed had a beard, frowned but payed no attention to him and started to walk.

Ugly teeth(or at least that is what Martin thought him as) grabbed Beard guy's shoulder and emphasized that he wanted money for catching the thief. Beard guy, who was getting rather impatient said, "Leave me alone nasty beggar!" and started to walk again. Ugly teeth took this unkindly and punched Beard guy in the back of his head. Beard guy yelped in pain and turned on Ugly teeth, forgetting about Martin, who was the real cause to his anger, they began to fight. Martin did not wait for the fight to end so he ran off, leaving the bag which the man tied back to his belt, "No need to stir up the hornet's nest." Martin thought.

Spring 39, 497 AV

But the next day, Martin was not as lucky. Martin found another man, he was rather drunk and stumbled on more then one occasion. Martin walked towards him and was going to grab the ends of the bag which hung from the man's pocket if someone didn't grab his hand. He looked at the man who grabbed his hand, the man, who was also very drunk, said, "Jimmy! It seems we have a thief!", the drunk man who Martin tried to rob, turned to look at him, "Really? Well what do we do with robbers Mike?" Said the man who must have been Jimmy. Mike and Jimmy smiled then looked at Martin deviously.

Martin fell to the ground as the punch connected to his stomach, Mike and Jimmy pushed him into a alleyway. Martin tried to get up but Mike kicked him in the stomach. Jimmy pulled Martin up from the floor and looked at him, "This is for your own good, hahahahahah." then he punched him in the face. Each time Martin tried to get up Jimmy or Mike would kick him down, then as he lay on the ground they would kick him in the back and step on him. Finally they stopped, Martin got up, suddenly another fist connected into he face. Martin had already felt warm blood coming out his mouth, but now some was draping of his eye like a curtain. He had bruises, his knuckles were cut open from scraping against the stone floor, his right eye and left cheek were swollen.

Then he heard something that sounded like pants being take off, he could hear Jimmy chuckle and say "All this wailing on this thief has made me in need to relieve myself.Hahahah" Mike laughed and did the same as his friend. Martin suddenly felt warm smelly wetness hit him, his cut knuckled burned from the acidic properties in the piss. The two laughed after their relieving, their pants pulled back on. Jimmy grabbed Martin by the neck, "Next time, you'll think twice on robbing!" then Jimmy and Mike walked out of the alleyway, laughing a laugh only drunkards can after they a horrible deed. Martin laid their, wallowing in the smell of warm piss, and blood. He tried to get up but his muscles screamed in pain, Martin decided to just take a nap.

Spring 40, 497 AV

Martin woke up, but not in the mixture of piss and blood which he had passed out in the day before, neither was he in front of a random shop. He was actually in someplace.....-his thought's were interrupted by a voice, "I see your awake." Martin turned to see the person who the voice came from. Her voice was so calm and serene, it made him feel as if nothing bad had ever happened, he noticed her appearance, she was a somewhat pudgy women, her hair was short and black with gray strands in it and though she looked as she seen many sad things, she had a pleasant air, about her, he had never seen her Grandma but if he did, he would picture her something like that. Martin then said, "Where am I?" "You are in Ionu's Mercy." Martin didn't exactly understand, and showed it. The lady said, still with that calmness that made him feel better, "It is a place where the sick and hurt can go to get better." Martin nodded, he didn't feel like asking anymore questions. Then he laid his head back, and went to sleep, living to fight another day.
Last edited by Martin Oreneus on May 9th, 2012, 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life has the name of life, but in reality it is death. ~Heraclitus
Martin Oreneus
My own master

Words: 5261
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2012, 7:18 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

[Flasback]First day's in Alvadas(Solo)

Postby Fallacy on May 9th, 2012, 5:37 pm

XP Award!

Name:Martin Oreneus
XP Award:
  • Larceny - 3
Lore:
  • Hearing the Voice
  • Remembering and feeling loss
  • Larceny: Being Caught
  • Larceny: Stealing Purses
  • Think twice about robbing
  • Ionus Mercy
Notes:

Stolen small bag (taken 37th of Spring)- 10 GM

Gained the subtle attention of the Listeners of Alvadas. They will be watching.

This was a nice first thread. It had high and lows, and many failures. Stealing coin purses as a kid is a good way to make money, especially when Alvadas is such a trading center. Though Id make sure not to steal from shady people, but it was enjoyable nonetheless. Keep up the good work and I hope you really find your characters history and flesh him out. Ill be watching.

Any questions or concerns about the rewards gained please send a PM :)

12 hour shifts have started, and Im working 6-7 days a week mandatory overtime. My replies will be slow until I can adjust to this new groove.
Fallacy
I think you're crazy just like me.

Words: 493223
Joined roleplay: June 23rd, 2011, 7:58 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)