(the blood pits) Day two at death's door. (solo)

Xi's next interesting day at his job in the pits. Why's Bull being so hushed ?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Ximal on April 2nd, 2012, 11:40 pm

24th 512AV spring early morning.

Turning up brisk and early for work Xi sauntered int to the pits and worked his way down to bulls office the same peg to place his things on, the same weights and right now a good fight was on. A bat-person against a large myrian. Exciting stuff, still Xi was un-phased he knew which of the two would win after all those who can fly normally get the advantage after all. Still he hadn't seen bull at all this morning, and with the fog outside, it was a difficult day to get things done, never the less Xi had a job to do and did it faithfully. Sitting in the side room, lifting the weights in a repetitive fashion to build his muscular mass, floor to waist then waist to neck holding in between each lift phase. Dropping the weight too the floor as the death cry sounded Xi knew he was up for the duty, but as he emerged from the side room, xi saw anothr person had already taken a place in the pit with the bat -person. It was the myrian girl from the other day. Now this would be interesting.

Perching at the edge of the arena Xi watched the fight noting the leg movements, the bat-person faught unarmed, but with those claws they were a weapon in and of themselves. The bat-persons stle wasnt bad but it was read able if you watched long enough a simple technique pattern, and then it came the blow. Xi shook his head as he watched the female myrians spear pierve the skull of the bat-persons. Well you enter there with another opponent you either leave alive or you leave dead, and bat-person just leaft dead. Entering the pit to retrieve the corpse of the bat person ferst he dragged it to the 'burning room' where bull kept the bodies until they were disposed of and this looked to be the first delivery of the day. But as Xi went back for the second body he found he was beign followed by the myrian girl.
"And you want?" The myrian smiled replying coyly.

"Fame, fortune, my name to be known you know the usual. and possibly if you play right, you." Hauling the shredded corpse of the large myrian over his shoulders and starting to walk to the bruning room her replied rather bluntly. "I never play the game right, it always end up playing me, which is why i personally don't play." Carrying the corpse to the room and looking at the mess of this guys neck the bat-person made of it shocked Xi, A clean cut straight through ear to ear. I'm soo glad i wasn't you buddy, that looks like it hurts like a petcher. Hauling his huge ass to the room was a monolithic job in and of itself, Still at least he was building his muscles.
Last edited by Ximal on April 11th, 2012, 4:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Words: 949188
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ximal on April 3rd, 2012, 7:44 pm

Sitting in the side room pumping iron again Xi watched out aat the battles of the day, some boring and over in two-three chimes, others lasting almost a bell in length, but all inn all these were the boring fights, the early morning straggles and rabble, who fought over petty disputes, and the odd slight against them. However after around the fourteenth bell the battles suddenly got a hell of a lot more interesting as this was when the expert fighters turned up, wielding all manner of peculiar and strange weaponry, some double bladed swords that looked as lethal to the wielder as the opponent. One man carried an ave big as he was and swung it like it weighed nothing. These were the people he did not want to end up pissing off as he'd seen how they fought, and they fought well, well enough to give a display and let the audience they were playing with thier opponents before they gave them eternal peace. Oddly though only the best fighters took place in the bells much later on around the nineteenth and the twentieth. Oddly the myrian girl who'd taken an interest in him, never fought before the seventeenth bell. This meant she was an expert class fighter with a large number of kills under her belt. Still as Xi sat the lifting weights heavy and large, but he was lifting them fast with the same pauses , but without his flux. He'd trained his flux earlier on, and damned near ripped his arms out his socket punching at a wall, when his anger kicked in and he thrwe one punch too hard with flux, still holding the weight. His anger was both his best weapon, and his greatest weakness.

Twenty four deliveries and over fourty bodies already and it's not even bell fifteen yet. Mind you this is doing wonders for my abs. xi always trained dwith his shirt off to check what kind of effect the body building equipment was having on his body, and thus far he'd like what he'd been seeing. He was no where near bulls size but his arms had become more defined, his stomach had trimmed to just muscle, and his legs felt harder. All in all he felt in great condition then he remembered he still had six bells till the end of his shift. And he was already working out his bodyat an extreme pace as far as the weights and unarmed was concerned. The armour he wore was merely to protect his fists and legs, he never really thought of it as a weapon. So Xi needed to start training with one , shoudl he ever run into trouble where his fists alone would not be enough. Or he needed to make the kill and have it look like it wasnt him. Slamming the weight into the floor with a thunderous thud, Xi realized something, He hadn't seen Bull all day. want in the seven hells could he be doing ? Xi pondered a he left, the side room to go and collect the new corpse that had arrived in the pit. Completely forgetting his shirt he stepped out into the open air, lifted the corpse off of the ground up and over his shoulders and carried it to the 'burning room'. Though waiting at the mouth of the entrance was the myrian girl again. What coudl she want with Xi that he didn't know.
"Mmmn not bad, you have the look fo a worker, or in your case a corpse shifter. Though you could do with some work. Grinning at him as he walked past her with almost no notice of her. He was busy and she was a distraction. "Hey what am i ? I'm right here... Chasing up after him he stopped and flicked his eyes down at her, why in the name of the gods did she wear those tiny clothes all the time. He could literally almost see everything. Averting his gaze as he felt his face flush beneath his beard he grumbled back. "Sorry was lost in thought, I haven seen Bull all day i wonder where he could be..." Here eyes were large as she poked them infront of his face, but they still held an aura of mischief.

Her lips parted and a small chuckle escaped as she told him.
"What the old bull that runs this place he's been down at the docks all day, that's why you haven't seen him." So that was why Xi hadn't seen him all day bull was taking care of other buisness but...how did she know bull ? Bull didn't talk to anyone unless whe inpressed them in some way or he had too. "So bulls alright, well that's a weight off my mind, and how do you know he's down at the dock's ? Then she smiled and said without a hnt of sarcasem "Your trapped here all day, I'm not and i'll bet in one pit fight i make than more than you will at the end of the season... She was probably right Xi knew but Xi wouldn't fight for no reason, no purpose, and definitely where killing as the only thing to do but not the right thing. Pulling open the door the smell now he was used too but it still made his stomach churn, throwing the body in he slammed the door shut and headed back to the side office dis regarding the myrian girl.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ximal on April 8th, 2012, 12:44 am

Lifting the heavy weights in the side room he, sat beneath the press bench, Lifting the eight slowly to get as much resistance possible. Pressing it up slowly then letting it fly down and repeating. Ninty-six...ninty-seven...ninty-eight...ninty-nine... The the door to the side room flung open and Bull strolled in. He was angry but Xi said nothing. Better to let him ride it out, then bring up the issue. He sauntered up to where Xi was working and lifted one of the heavier weights there and Slammed it into the wall with anger, the wall crumpled and due to the distance of his hand from the walll because of the steel weights. He remained unscathed, strolled over to his desk and started doing his papers. Xi took this opportunity to ask. "Bull where were ya this morning i missed reporting into you that i'd turned up." Hooking the weight bar onto the stand behind him he sat up, still shirtless. Bull just looked at him. Before eventually saying. "Sorry about that, i forgot to leave a message next time i go i'll let ya know that i'm heading out. I was down at the docks looking at some more stock, for the training room and the store room. Speaking of which. Seeing as you've done everything ive asked of ya and more there s little bonus which you'll get in about a weeks time. Just try not to kill yourself in the mean while. I heard about the incident at the docks. Didn't think it would have been you. After all six men dead, and escaped using a corpse ? I would't nave had that kind of ingenuity to escape so i could a come out a lot worse than you have done. How are those cuts on your arms by the way ?" Looking down at his ar he'd almost completely forgotten about it. He pulled off his make-shift bandage to behold a rather nasty looking scar. It could have been a lot worse for him however he didnt mind. Both his arms now healed completely. "Could be worse. i've been working with em after all. So i suppose i forgot about em, and don't wory about the docks episode i wont try something that stupid again. Also Bull whats this bonus ?."

Bulls lips slowy twisted up into a grin. As he spoke casually and frather deviously. "I know you've been hanging around that myrian girl. And i know your something of a coward around women." That struck a nerve but since Xi liked bull he let it slide. "It's really two things actually Xi, one is a chance to train with me, we can go and do that ina little while. The second part your gonna have to wait for. Also that ring on your finger and the other one you swiped from the pi9t the other day." He saw that ? How in the... "There's a third one, a little smaller in size but fits the pattern. Bloke down at the docks has it, copper pattern of some kind of bird i've never seen before. His name is berric. If you get a chance whilst going to see him, ask him to give me the fifty gold he owes me. XI nodded and left to do more work. But not before Bull added. "another shipment of boxes arrived, after your done with the corpse cna you handle those?" Xi nodded and left back for work.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ximal on April 9th, 2012, 2:04 am

The break never came fast enough. Xi stepped into the small training ring opposite bull. Dear gods he was a mountain of man. Holding a wooden training axe he could have probably nailed Xi to the wall. He looked like some sort of bronzed statue. "Xi you ready ?" Bull asked slowly as if to say prepare to hurt.Xi dropped to stance and bull just stood there. "Ready." Before Xi even finished his sentance bull was on him, he had closed that gap so fast it was all xi could do to escape the reach fo that axe. Throwing himself to the side he felt the rush of air fly down past next to him.And then the plume of sand, idf that had hit it would have broken an arm, or possibly his skull. His heart was pounding. Bull was called it for a reason. He was fast, huge, and could crush most lesser men. Whilst he was recovering Xi hit his chest and Bull just laughed. That wasn't a light punch either other people died from less that Xi gave. He'd hit bull hard but not flux powered. "That's a strong blow, but your not gonna hurt me." Then that axe came again, faster then a flash of lightning and the air rushing overit was akin to the sound of thunder. Barely ducking the blow he could feel and almost fell over from the strength of the wind behind it. This was insane, He hit bull again with a combo of three strikes. But he just shrugged em of and laughed. He wasn't a man he was a wall of muscle coated armour. Bones like steel anf flesh like stone. He wasn't human.

"You've got the speed, but then again i am useing a slow weapon. and i haven't really tried yet." Was he kidding he was like a juggernaut there was no way. Then that axe came sailing down again. Xi side stepped agian but was met in the stomach by bulls left hand. It was like getting hit by an anvil. Xi felt the wind be driven out of him, his feet lifted off the ground. How in the hell. Bull was strong, Insanely strong. Staggering back he sucked in air coughing. How the... He was just playing with Xi. Stepping back and resetting he heard bull speak. "You have strength but you do not know how to take a blow, roll with it, endure and flow. I hit you there in your stomach, if i hit your ribs the'd be broken." Damn straight. Coughing still Xi gathered himself and looked on at bull. The mountian of human, willing him to get back up. Rising from his knees and falling back into stance he looked at Bull, now smiling and said. "If your gonna teach me. Start teaching..." Launching himself towards bull he started his assault but Bull blocked almost every blow with the flat of the axe spinning it around like it was made of nothing. When that axe had to be close to seventy-five lbs. It was insane he was a man built and bread to be huge and indomitable. Xi Landed five punches out of a fifty hit assault and all of which Bull laughed off and then. Bul swung his axe around defelcting one of Xi's punches and hit Xi square in the face. And that hurt but s Xi was told he rolled with the blow lessening the damage. He came out with pain and nothing more. Then the crowd roared. This training session was over until Xi did his job. Motioning towards the pit, he knew his work would be cut out for him, if he wanted to fight like bull.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ximal on April 9th, 2012, 7:18 am

As Xi hauled the corpse onto his shoulders he wondered. Bull has size, strength and speed. I have none of those in a fight with him. He also has the upper hand on endurance. He took my punch like it was nothing. How is that even possible. Strolling down the corridor he wondered if the poor sod over his shoulder thought the same thing as that sord went through his throat. His opponent was about his size though did skill really matter that much or was it experience that defined ones ability to fight ? Still as he threw the corpse into the room, it's head following shortly after. He headed back, lamenting his own weakness. After all he'd lost to bull if he'd of fought him in the pit, he was a dead-man. Perhaps thats why bull doesn't fight any more he beat his way out of there ? And now he's willing to teach me. Just to make sure i can fight my own battles ? Xi was reading too much into it, Taking his sorry ass back to the training ring where bull waited he hurried. Half sprinting there by the time he reached it hwee was out of breath and took amoment to catch it. "Back for more, lets see how long you can endure the beating ?"

Bull smiled and so did Xi. Xi stepped into the ring and almost instantaneously darted for bull, throwing a punch hard but not flux amped. Bull caught his fist and practically threw him into the back wall. Xi could feel his bones cracking but not breaking. As if he was loseing tension and then. Clap clap, you've been getting your ass handed to you. Use your flux, use my power, let me have control. Biting back Liro he rose, cracking his neck and Bull rose along side him, Xi ran in full speed, Bull expected a punch and shifted his axe to block. Xi powered a whip kick straight to the core of the axe and knocked it clean from his grip, and following the same motion brought his right arm through following the whip-kick into a roundhouse uppercut. Bull took the brunt of it on the chin and just smiled. "Large attacks like that leave you open. For retorts like this."Xi felt a thuid and then found himself flying backwards, slamming into the wall. Bull's fist had struck his stomach again and he felt it. That punch was heavy, especially when delivered by that mountain of a man. Bull had the upper hand in every stand point but a few weeks of training like this. and he would be set with fighting experience. Scrambling back to his feet he charged bull this time putting some flux into his punch, enough to speed it to a point where he was sure bull couldn't block it. And he didn't, that burst of speed was enough to catch him off guard with a strong punch right to the centre of bull's mass. A bad point to aim for bare handed but even bull could feel the force of that blow. Bul dropped to a knee, but he was smiling. "Very strong punch that time youve been holding back." Bull had regained his axe and whipped it around Xi's legs before pinning him to the floor. That axe poised to crush his skull. Xi remained calm though his hear beating at a normal pace. He felt good. "Nice job Xi you need work but, you could be very good. Now you got another corpse to move and some boxes that are calling for you."

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ximal on April 9th, 2012, 11:48 am

Hauling the last of the boxes to the storeroom, Xi noiced something sneaking behind him. Then it tapped him on the shoulder. Turning his head it was the myrian girl again, watching him d his moving of his deliveries. "Nice job moving the boxes, i have another fight today and i thought i may as well hang around with a erson who interests me." Xi could feel a small rush of colour to his face, but he placed the box down and spoke still rather calmly. "If you want to watch me train with bull, feel free but otherwise, please don't do that again ?" She cocked her head sideways and smiled playfully following him back to the training ring. When he got there though, stuck in the wall opposite where bull was facing. Sat a steel battleaxe. "Xi i thought you could use some kind of help hen fighting, consider that axe yours. As a congrats for working your ass off around here. It's a smaller variant of mine, i thought i'd at least teach you a weapon skill to keep your sorry ass alive. After all, i hate finding new help and you kinds suck with your fists alone." That hurt Xi's pride, quite harshly, but still after the display he'd given he deserved the blow. Wrenching the axe from the wall, he held it feeling the weight of it in his hand. It was hefty but it wasn't overwhelming. Stepping away from the myrian girl he swung the axe lightly to get a feel for it. swinging the axe acrss his chest it impacted the wooden axe that Bull held.

"I'm training you with the blunt wooden one because if i used the real one of mine you'd be missing limbs. Now get a feel for the weapons weight. Since you fight unarmed this will be an entirely new experience, Swing it a little and get a feel." "swinging the axe slowly he could feel the weight, it dragged him, he felt like the weapon was controlling him not that he was controlling the weapon. Cross slash, over head chop, rising cut. A sweet weapon but something Xi had never even contemplated. He now had a feel for it's weight and he shifted his hand along it's length to get the best feel of it's most lethal point.This would be new, and a lot of interesting events would ensue. He spun on his heel bringing it round fast to hear a wood on wood thump at the handles of the axe and the training one bull carried connected.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ximal on April 9th, 2012, 11:53 pm

Xi jumped back whirling the axe around his head, swining it with some force he slammed it into Bulls one. Bull just smiled and hit the rear of his into Xi's stomach and sent him flying back. Xi landed on his feet and rushed bull again, slamming the axe into his and driving his free had with a punch into bulls gut. It's like a stone wall. Pulling his hand back he made a tactical retreat to get out of the distance of Bulls fist. "your doing well. but it'll be along time before you manage to use that weapon as well as you do your own two hands. Think as your weapon as an extension of yourself. If i hit you with mine it's almost three times as hard as my punch as it's a more force flu blow with longer reach. Think of it as your fist with some extra reach." Bull charged Xi as his name sake suggested head-butting him. Xi felt a strema of warm blood trickle down his forhead. He's like an anvil. Xi staggered for a moment stunned as bull drove him into the ground. "Drive your axe into them, should they block with both hands to sttop the force your free to punch them. I'm training you to make sure you dont expire before you run out of use." Bull drove his fist into Xi's stomach again lifting him clear off of the ground. Bull was a monster but a good teacher.

Ohh shiny, finally you pick up a blade, even if it is an axe. Still is uppose it's better than nothing. I do prefer the subtle elegant weapons of death. An axe is too barbaric. Nice choice... Damned creepy bastard, get out of my head. Xi was now fighting an inner battle. He could not hope to win. But he could draw it. Suppressing liro was hard, but keeping him from putting images in his head was impossible. Xi now had images of Decapitating people with the axe. Xi hated weapons, But now he held one Liros dominance was gaining. Weapons were more to his side than Xi's. So xi didnt pick up weapons. Not at all.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ximal on April 10th, 2012, 2:45 am

XI threw the axe to bull, it was only a training axe but still he had to be care full. But bull grabbed it mid air as it inverted. Bull smiled as Xi walked off to go and deal with the next corpse. Hefting it over his shoulders he looked at the corpse. Blonde, brown eyes. Damn, Xi hauled his daggered and dead ass in his other hand. This poor sod had been cleft in two. Booting open the door to the burning room he held his breath threw in the two pieces of him and slammed the door shut. Seventy seven bodies and it was only hitting lunch. Xhi sighed as he breathed in again and headed back to bull. Who spoke as Xi entered the ring. Traditionally the Battle axe is paired with a hand axe." Bull tossed a much smaller axe to xi who caught it just below where the blade would be. Luckily it was wood or it might have had his thumb off. "Pick it up you've got more training that ones smaller so it'll be faster, but your attacking range is also smaller." Bull darted at Xi again but instead of blocking this time he hled up the small axe with one hand and used it to block the great wooden axe that bull used. the impact stunned him but Xi had blocked it and he now made a move with his other hand to Block Bulls other fist. Success, he's block it but his arms stung painfully. Still it was him improving. Bull stepped back and Xi wiped the blood from his forehead. Smiling he charged bull Hammering the smaller axe at him much faster than the bigger one but it was still too slow. Bull hit him in the stomach again with the butt of his great axe and Xi went to one knee. What exactly was bull made of? But Xi was learning so he didnt question it too much. Sliding back onto his foot slowly he held the axe at the base of the handle and ran at Bull. This would be interesting. Then the voice of liro reared. Xi stopped mid swinf and took a harsh blow to the shoulder, not enough to break it but it would bruise like a son of a petcher.

Xi rose to the taunting voice of Liro. Idiot, honestly why do i bother, your a moron next attack block it then counter over head kick, take his head clean off. Ignoring liro he charged bull, but darted around the axe mid swing and drove his axe into bulls fist as he punched him square in the face. Bulls forehead split and a trickle of blood ran down it. But he just laughed it off and pushed i back with the flat of his axe. Now they had the same type of injury. though bull was a...well a bull and Xi was now feeling the effects of that hit. Bull smiled and said simply. "training for today is over, get back to work your likely to fall over now."

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ink on May 13th, 2012, 12:30 am

And in the Aftermath . . .

The Rewards are Revealed.

Ximal :
Skills:
Body Building 3
Rhetoric 1
Seduction 1
Observation 1
Unarmed 1
Brawling 1
Weapon (Axe) 2

Lores:
The Blood Pit's rush hour
Training with the Bull

Special Notes:
Alright, this will be a long one so get ready.

1a. To gain xp skills you need to show the character is learning something. You cannot simply say he is lifting weights, that's not how it works. He has to do it and struggle with it. If the activity is not difficult he doesn't learn thing or get any better at it. Further more there is no way Xi could lift weights for hours like this. Its just not possible with his skills.

1b. For more points go into more detail, especially with magic. Magic takes time and concentration. You received no Flux points due to lack of detail.

2. Corpses are heavy. Corpses are unwieldy. They are 180-250 lbs on average of dead weight. You cannot simple toss them over your shoulder like a 50lb sack of potatoes it would cause extreme body damage to do so.

3. 77 people did not die in one afternoon in the blood pits. That scale is way off. The entire population of Sunberth is 13,000. If 77 people died in the entirety of sun berth in one 24 hour period ever day, the city would not last two seasons. Further more the busy time in Sunberth is night time, not morning or evening. Stick to under 10 fights for an entire day in the blood pits, that is including night time.

4a.You cannot under any circumstances except purchasing gain items from an NPC without a Mod or a mod's explicit permission. Xi does not get to keep the ax it stays at the blood pits.

4b. You cannot learn a skill from an NPC without mod permission.

5a. Please reread your posts before you either submit the post or submit the thread for grading. There are a ton of typos here, obvious typos that even word speller checker would have caught.

5b. As a general rule of English grammar, when each different character speaks it should be a new paragraph. Also there is a lot of confusing bits because you color all of the speech with the same color.

6.Let's talk Mental disorders. Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID) is a disorder in which in some cases more than one personality is present in a body. Note that these personalities are rarely if ever aware of each other and when they are they do not communicate directly. Now maybe Liro is a hallucination? That would explain their communication.

Otherwise the only true multiple personalities that can communicate and simulataneous exist in one body are Akalaks. Xi is not an akalak.

I realize you are past the 50 post point and so cannot alter your character. I have spoken with Creeper and he will help you with this situation IC so that your timeline isn't borked.

Written in the ink :
If there are any concerns or problems with my grading please feel free to toss me a PM. I am more than happy to explain my reasons or reevaluate them if you feel I've been unfair.

Ink
DS in Sahova

Words: 259510
Joined roleplay: December 3rd, 2011, 6:15 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)