Dog Shopping (Kharasa)

Susta gets adopted, at last.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A half-collapsed city of alabaster and gold fiercely governed by Eypharians. Even partially ruined, it is the crown of the desert and a worthy testament to old glories and rising powers.

Dog Shopping (Kharasa)

Postby Susta on May 20th, 2012, 9:37 pm

Susta sat in her crate, watching the passer-bys out of the small slit in her wooden crate. It had no light whatsoever, except for the slit. It was just big enough for her to move around in. She saw humans, except, they had multiple arms. She sighed. What was with the world? Couldn't everybody just be the same? There were so many races, humans, and kelvics, and.. ziths, and none of them could get along. But there was nothing Susta could do about it, except sit in her crate, hoping someone would come and see her talent. The stout, bald man who was the owner of the small stand on the street, bellowed,

"In this crate here we have a lovely dog kelvic, beautiful in all forms. Get her now, cheap!"

They were selling Susta like she was a piece of property. Was that really all she was? Was that all kelvics were? Just, animals with only the purpose to serve? It maybe so. But nothing mattered now, except that someone had to adopt Susta.
Susta
Corgi Queen

Words: 6163
Joined roleplay: May 4th, 2012, 7:47 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Dog Shopping (Kharasa)

Postby Kharasa on May 20th, 2012, 9:53 pm

Kharasa of East Winds House

Timestamp: 10 Spring, 512 AV

Kharasa stalked angrily down the street, muttering to herself in her vexation. The jeweler had made her bracelet too small! And she'd ordered pure metal band, not loose linking. Irate and in need of diversion she walked along the market place idly looking at whatever caught her interest.

There was nothing at first to really pay attention to and she'd already got a fine Kelvic specimen in Zevander the wolf.

A harsh man's comment irked her with it's illogical nature. How could a 'lovely' kelvic, beautiful in two forms, be sold for cheap? Khara was in the mood to bicker and she placed three hands on her hips, and pointed a finger on the fourth at the little wooden crate on the ground. She raised an imperious eyebrow at him and commented,

"I would -love- to know how if something is so beautiful in not one, but two forms could sell for cheap? If it's cheap, it's no good! And why would you put a puppy in a tiny crate where no one can see it? And in this heat no less! You'd best explain yourself quickly, for I am Kharasa of East Wind House, and I -will-be-obeyed."

Last edited by Kharasa on May 20th, 2012, 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kharasa
Only the unrighteous are afraid of death

Words: 7444
Joined roleplay: May 4th, 2012, 6:30 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Dog Shopping (Kharasa)

Postby Susta on May 20th, 2012, 10:00 pm

Susta's ears perked up in delight as she heard the sound of footsteps approaching. She peered through her slit, and saw yet another 4 armed woman approach. The moment was just as good as she thought it would be! Susta smiled, and started yapping and letting out a high-pitched bark. The bald man, now angry for the woman's rudeness, and annoyed at the disturbance of Susta's barking, shouted,

"Listen lady, this isn't an adoption center. These are slaves, and this is money."

He held out a Miza, which glinted in the sunlight.

"I don't care for that idiot dog. She could die, for all I care. All I need is the money."

He tucked away the gold coin, and Susta shuddered. He wanted her to die? Suddenly, her yaps stopped, and her eyes watered with tears. Instead, she let out a whining noise, and her eyes grew wide in shame. Susta was nothing but a stupid dog. A slave. A piece of property.
Susta
Corgi Queen

Character sheet

Dog Shopping (Kharasa)

Postby Kharasa on May 20th, 2012, 10:13 pm

"You are indeed addressing a Lady. I am Lady Kharasa and if you continue to speak to me in such an insolent tone, I'll have you arrested. I don't -care- if it's only a slave. If it's merchandise you want to profit from that lives and breathes--you make sure you take care of their needs. You cannot profit from neglected goods--especially the living kind. I should--"

Kharasa stopped talking when she heard the whimper of what sounded to be a very young animal in what had to be a very hot crate. Knowing her Nobility allowed her certain freedoms, she used them right now.

"Since it's overheated and probably dirty and useless, I'll give you one miza for the crate and what's inside it." She imperiously tossed a coin at the idiot male and crouched to open the small crate. Hopefully whatever was inside wasn't ugly, violent or injured!

Kharasa

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Dog Shopping (Kharasa)

Postby Susta on May 20th, 2012, 10:18 pm

Susta stopp everything and her ears strained to listen to what was going on. There was a lot of yelling, and then... the sound of a latch. Susta's heart overflowed with joy. She was being adopted? This time, she let out a howl of joy, and leaped out of the cage. The sunlight streamed onto her face and fur, it warmed her and seemed to light up her hair. She whipped back around, to see her new master, the 4 armed girl. Yes, the woman was quite beautiful. Susta could not have gotten more lucky.

She charged right into the woman, and leaped up onto her lap. She licked and licked her face, hoping the woman would take it as a greeting. A nice master was all she wanted, nothing more.
Susta
Corgi Queen

Character sheet

Dog Shopping (Kharasa)

Postby Kharasa on May 20th, 2012, 10:28 pm

Something blonde, white and fluffy flew towards her face and she reached up two arms to catch it. Before she could even fully see what it was her face was assaulted by enthusiastic puppy kisses of the most fervent kind. Big white paws rested on her chest and she ducked her head under the flurry of affection. Something tender and unexpected opened her heart and Kharasa felt a rush of tenderness and adoration for the bundle of adorable puppy.

Khara smiled and hugged the sweet pup to her, laughing at Susta's antics. She'd kept everyone at arm's length and although she loved her grandfather, it was still formal. No one in her entire life had ever shown such unselfish gratitude and love in an instant. A tear sparkled in her ebony eyes as she kissed the pup on top of the head, right between those two endearing ears. Kharasa had bonded to the pretty Corgi and there was no going back.

Kharasa

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets