What one can find (Solo Training)

Mordechai wanders outside the castle, looking for a place to set up his tent and finds a sad sight.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Mordechai Zoltar on May 22nd, 2012, 5:05 pm

It was about midday, perfect time for a walk around the castle walls, i thought to myself.The sun was hot on my cloak, so I pulled back my hood and looked about. I was just outside of the castle. Green grass and trees were strewn about, and the sound of birds chirping filled the air. I decided to walk towards the right.

Right into a puddle. My foot was soaked. This isn't an awfully good start. But soon after walking I had found a dry clearing. Setting down my bag I figured this spot would be as good as any.

It took me a full 2 hours getting everything set up, as the tent I got from a sailor was quite worn and had to be jimmyrigged to stand up right. Now I just needed some food. I walked into the woods a short distance and waited beside a rather large tree. I had a plan.

I slowly leaked a small amount of gelled res into a puddle on the ground. Inside the puddle lay some acorns I had gathered. The res was thin, only enough to burn for a few seconds. I hid behind the tree and waited.

Nothing passed for 2 hours, but now I heard some rustling in the bushes on the other side of me and the tree. I turned and peeked my head out, keeping an eye on the acorns. The res was thick enough to stay in place, of this I was grateful. Suddenly, a squirrel jumped from the bushes and began to sniff about. The green res on the ground looked more like moss than anything else. It stepped onto it, and then jumped back. Sniffed it for a second, then walked back to the acorns. This time I could see another squirrel followed. I had two squirrels in my trap, damn my luck was good today.

I raised my hand sharply and flames engulfed to two squirrels. They tried to run but the air in their lungs was burned away and they were blinded by flames. After a few seconds the flames subsided to a smolder and I used my res to move the ash and remaining heat away from the two squirrels. They were hairless now and their skin a bit charred, but nowhere near cooked. I'll need a controlled fire, I said to myself as I gabbed them both, gutting them on the spot.

As I walked back to my clearing I gathered up some wood that was fallen from the surrounding trees. Collecting it all into a pile a few armslengths away from my tent I layed down a dense ball of gaseous, green res in the center of the wood and ignited it.

Within a half hour the squirrels were cooked, eaten and I had begun to whittle a small bird out of a knot of wood I had found. I used the grease from the squirrel meat as a varnish of sorts to make the wood look pretty. The wings were detached, and then popped into small sockets I made for them so they could be moved. The feet however were stationary. But the small bird was balanced, it could stand on it's own quite easily. I truly did enjoy making toys.

About an hour later I was wandering the outskirts of the clearing when a blackbird fell directly in front of me. It was alive, but it had a bolt stuck in its chest. I looked around quickly and saw no sign of anyone on their way. It must have been a stray shot. I was lucky enough to avoid it myself, I thought.

"Hmm" I reached into my pocked and pulled out the small wooden bird. "I can take away your misery little one." I said to the bird in a calm voice. I set the toy down next to the bird and grabbed a stick. Quickly I drew a circle around each of them and connected the two with a line. The standard animator's technique. I began to channel my energy into the transferring of the LP from the bird to the toy. It was a simple process for all I wanted to transfer was it's ability to flap it's wings at the request of the word 'Fly', and to stop when 'stop' was said. The whole process took only about 20 minutes. The bird was no longer in pain.

I dug a small grave next to the animation circles and buried the bird. The picking up the toy and holding it in my hand I said to it,
"Fly" and it's wings started to flap slowly.
"Stop" I commanded, and it did so.

I truly did enjoy making toys, i thought with a quick smirk as I walked back to my tent.

Placing my new toy away in my tent, I pulled out my lute and began to strum a simple beat. The sounds were something soft like, 'high high low high low low high'. I began to hum along.
After what seemed like only minutes the sun was setting. This perplexed me and I looked at my fingers to see them raw and bloody. How soothing this instrument could be that I wouldn't even notice my own wounds. Perhaps I should have just played it for the blackbird?

With the sun falling and my fire failing I decided to grab more firewood from the area. I rebuilt my fire and retired into my tent for the night.
Mordechai Zoltar
Player

Words: 30065
Joined roleplay: May 18th, 2012, 8:57 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Mordechai Zoltar on May 22nd, 2012, 5:35 pm

It was the middle of the night, and it was so peaceful outside. The weather was temperate, there was a soft breeze, and the stars could be seen through the holes in my tent.

This tent is a piece a manure, but I guess I can't complain when it was free. Then there was a rustling, and then another one. I could hear something moving outside of my tent. Quietly I got to my feet and prepared a ball of vaporous, green res in each hand. I stepped out from the tent quickly and lit each one, hurling the fireballs at the source of the noise.

I missed of course, but as the balls of flame past the creature, it was illuminated. It was a HUGE bear. It roared at me and began to charge me.

I fell to the ground and rolled to the other side of my tent, keeping it as a barrier between the two of us. My eyes were still adjusting to the dark, but I could hear it on the other side of the tent, circling it as I was. I decided to take a shot, and tossed liquid res in a ball over the tent, igniting it as it fell. I hear a growl, but it sounded more angry than hurt. I must have missed and angered the creature.

Suddenly it swiped the tent, leaving a gaping hole on the far side of the tent. It roared out again and move faster. It's sharp claws stabbing into the ground every time it moved. I laid down a small trail of res as I continued to circle the tent, a little farther from it now than before. The green fog hovered above the ground for a short bit. I could feel my nose start to bleed from using this much res, but I was still excited. My heart was pounding in my chest.

As I finally came full circle another swipe at the tent came. It was short by far and to the left, but my tent was in shambles and fell over. I ignited to circle of flame as I stepped out from it. The furry brown beast was stuck inside the circle. I channeled as much res as I could into the air to pull the flames onto her. Cracking noises could be heard as it wailed out in pain.

Using so much res in the fight had my head pounding and nose bleeding, but the creature was beaten. As the flames subsided, I ran into the circle to reclaim my belongings. Aside from a now soot-covered tent with a few singes here and there, the damage was minimal. But my body was so weak, when I tried to lift my tent I blacked out and fell to the ground.
Last edited by Mordechai Zoltar on May 23rd, 2012, 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mordechai Zoltar
Player

Character sheet

Postby Mordechai Zoltar on May 22nd, 2012, 5:46 pm

I awoke to a beautiful sunrise and dried blood all down my mouth and onto my beard. I wiped off what I could with my hand and looked about camp.

Scorched earth lay everywhere. And the charred corpse of a grizzly lay not feet from where I had slept. I shivered. This really was the last thing I'd ever want to fight.

Suddenly a fury took over me and I pumped res into the creatures body. The thick green gas filled the creature till it bulged and a crack appeared on it's body. As res leaked from the wound, I ignited it as fast as I could and a volcano of heat erupted. My nose started to bleed again. Damn.

That was a lot of res just now. How childish of me, what if some of those things escaped though? I mulled it over for a bit while blood dripped off of my face nonchalantly and decided it didn't matter anymore. The real thing that mattered was the fact that I wasn't sleeping in this clearing anymore. I was heading back to town.

Packing up and walking back took about two hours. I could use a horse, I thought to myself. While walking I pulled my toy bird from my pocket and held it out in front of me.
"Fly" I said, and it started to flap it's wings. Faster now than before now that the LP had settled into it's new shell. It began to hover in the air for a bit before I called out,
"Stop" and it's flapping ceased as it fell back into my hands.

Well, at least something good came of this.
Mordechai Zoltar
Player

Character sheet

Postby Emblem on May 24th, 2012, 4:59 am

Congratulations!
You Get Glorious Experience!

Mordechai
Skills
    Reimancy- 3 XP
    Animation- 2 XP
    Hunting- 1 XP
    Acrobatics- 1 XP
Lores
    Dangers of the Wild
    Ending Suffering

Comments :
Alright, nice little thread here. There wasn't too much I could award since the thread was short. Try to go more in depth with the events that unfold. But don't worry, your new, just keep at it and turn in some solid threads, and you'll get into the swing of things. If you have questions about the thread go head and PM me. If you have questions about Mizahar in general, PM me or any other mod, or drop by chat!
Currently working at new job so I am still trying to balance it out with Miza. I apologize for any delays.
Emblem
Retired Staff

Words: 50846
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2012, 5:56 am
Race: Staff account
Office