Such Unruly Behavior (Canrehne)

Casper gets carried away over a beer, and Canrehne gets involved.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Casper on June 4th, 2012, 1:24 am

2nd of Summer, 512 AV

"You call this shyke beer?" Casper muttered, staring down into the muck that should never have left the ocean in the first place. He was used to the fact that dives tended to look like they were about to collapse on themselves, he didn't mind the rude stares as he walked in, and he wasn't too picky with what he drank. But this was a different level of utter crap. He wrinkled his nose at the smell. He'd have to get paid to drink this. He sat down at the bar, and swished the liquid to and fro, considering gulping it down out of sheer boredom. Since he had arrived in Zeltiva, he had found it to be a rather uneventful place, at least compared to Sunberth. He didn't have a job to keep him busy during the day, and now he couldn't even drink a little to have a good night's sleep. At this rate, he would just hop on the earliest boat back to Sunberth and visit a whorehouse for a proper night.

"Oi, ye gon' drink that?" A scraggly old man had sneaked a seat beside him at the bar, his one dark eye glaring at the mug. For an elder, he was remarkably beefy, likely a sailor. Most people around here were. Casper didn't like how close he was to him. He put his arm on the table, between the man and his mug.
"Go and buy your own, old man," he snarled in reply.
"Come on now, lad. Ye foreigners cannae stomach that stuff, I seen it. It ain't good for ya. So how about a sip then, eh?"
"Do I look like a petchin' charity? Get losst, I won't ssay it again." He got out of his seat and looked down at the old man, who reciprocated the action. He didn't much care for the drink itself, but the elder had ticked him off with his attitude. Besides, this was a matter of principle. Or maybe Casper just really bored and was looking to throw a good punch.

"Yeah? What'cha gonna do?" The man took a step forward, and Casper immediately shoved him away, hard. In retaliation, he swung his fist at Casper, who did not expect such speed from a senior, and got hit right in the cheek. Staggering a little, Casper recovered quickly, and without a second thought, grabbed the mug that had started the fight and slammed it over the old man's head, the shattered pieces of ceramic falling to the floor along with him. Still, he was getting back up, clearly one to have taken a few mugs to the face in his lifetime. Casper dug his feet into the ground and made a taunting motion with his hand. "Well, you got your ssodding beer, I don't ssee why you're sstill sso upset," He said with a grin on his face, waiting eagerly for the next attack.
Casper
Player

Words: 65175
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2012, 7:22 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Canrehne on June 4th, 2012, 6:07 pm

Seeing the commotion, Canrehne instantly bolted up, placing her hands onto the table in front of her before she moved over to Casper and the senior. Crossing her arms, she looked at them, with a plethora of thoughts running through her mind. Should she stop this? Is it worth stopping? Should she start up a bet because of this fray? Fights in taverns usually escalate, so should she get away? Perhaps, but perhaps she could be a quiet spectator, or she can just break it up and settle everything down and get a few drinks for free.
She moved inbetween the two, her headdress loudly jingling. She extended her arms, lifting them up a little, raising her hands up - trying to break every contact between the two.

"Calm down, both of you!" she said imperatively, trying to prevent any further incidents that might escalate between the two. Everyone rose from their tables, approaching the scene which was being interrupted by Canrehne.
"Let them fight! I bet two on the young one!" and "Get out of the way, wench!" were just some of the things people shouted. Some have remained silent, but it was starting to turn into a ruckus. Looking over at Casper through the veil of her headdress, she started shaking her head from the left to the right, disproving his actions. Why would anyone in their right mind strike a senior even if they're in the wrong?! Was that one thing that was going through Canrehne's head. She, however then fully turned to Casper, placing her hands onto his chest before slowly pushing him away, leaning forward to whisper.
"Let it be, he's old and not worth it. Old people go insane easily, you don't want to hurt someone that fragile." she whispered as she moved Casper a bit away as the senior started hurling insults at him. Knowing that insults won't fall on deaf ears, Canrehne gently nudged Casper a bit farther away, whispering. "You uh.. 'stretch' out the s when you speak. I know what you are, calm down." she said rather convincingly, holding her hand on his chest, looking at him. Now hoping that Casper had calmed down, she lowered her hands off his chest, looking at him with a feint smirk.
Canrehne
The Ritualist

Words: 20714
Joined roleplay: March 13th, 2012, 10:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Casper on June 5th, 2012, 2:57 pm

Just as the old man lunged again for him, Casper tensing for a quick reaction, someone flung herself between them, her arms outstretched as she held them back. It was only then that he noticed the small crowd that had formed around him, but he was more distracted by the woman's strange attire, a large adorned headdress masking her face. His confusion as to her identity made him easy to push somewhat further away while two other men held the old sailor back.

"Oh, is that your whore, protectin' ye cause ye ain't man 'nuff to fight me!!" He shouted, provoking Casper. It was working well, and he started forward, but was stopped again by the strangely dressed woman, who put a hand firmly on his chest and pushed him away, and whispered closely to him in a calm, yet assertive voice. He was still angry though, and she barely finished her sentence before he blurted,
"Fragile?! He wass asskin--"
He was interrupted by her again, but this time, he stayed silent. "I know what you are." In theory, it didn't seem like too much of a big deal if someone knew about his origins. He simply didn't tell any one on account of them never asking. But now someone he had never meant was confronting him with the knowledge, claiming she deduced it from the way he spoke. It did bother him once, that his speech kept lingering on the "s", but his one attempt at correcting it as a child failed miserably. But still, it was just a small quirk, she couldn't possibly just... know.

After a moment of blank staring, Casper finally regained his composure, a swarm of questions racing through his head as he ignored the still shouting senior in the background. "Who are you?" He demanded, his jade eyes fixated on her, searching for eyes that were hidden under her mask.
Casper
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Canrehne on June 5th, 2012, 9:37 pm

"I'm me, Dhani." she whispered, looking at him. Her dark-brown eyes fixed onto his through the veil. She straightened her posture before crossing her arms.
She steppped back a little, allowing for more room between Casper and herself. She carefully scanned him over. She then moved her black veil off her face, revealing her dark-brown eyes.
She ran her left hand over her body, emphasizing the tattoos she had on it. The black tattoos on her body looked very, very exotic and somewhat appealing. However, the tattoos she had were beyond the point. What mattered is that she stopped a possible mini-war in the tavern.

"You're probably wondering how I knew.. well, let's just say I've met some Dhani in my life to know how to recognize Dhani through speech." she said, slowly passing to his side before leaning against the wall, looking at him - wondering what is it that he'll do next.
Last edited by Canrehne on June 8th, 2012, 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Canrehne
The Ritualist

Character sheet

Postby Casper on June 7th, 2012, 7:46 pm

People were returning to their usual seats now that the commotion had gone down, the old man grumbling in one corner with the two men that had held him back, and Casper pulled off to the side by the woman. Her speech and deliberate movements were irritating him greatly. When she lifted her veil though, and he finally got a proper look at her face, he found her rather attractive. She had the form to match it too, upon closer observation. Still, he wished she would stop acting so gnomic, and just give him her name. She owed him at least that, after accusing him of being half Dhani, a label that had gotten him into countless fights and arguments in his life.

His lip curled in contempt at her claim, eying her with suspicion. He had a nagging feeling that she wanted something from him. They always did, when they knew he was not entirely human. It aggravated him to no end. And the smell of this soggy joint was only frustrating him further.

No longer wanting to stay here, he curled his hand around the woman's upper arm and made his way to the door. His grip on her was not strong, and would be felt somewhat loose if she walked along with him, but if she didn't he would simply tighten it firmly and pull her along, whether she liked it or not. The moment they got out, he only took a few steps away from the door before letting go and swiveling back around to face her, a look of anger on his face.

"You better tell me now if you're here to messs with me more than you already have, girl," he spat fiercely, looming over her with an intimidating posture. "I don't take kindly to people who get in my way." He wasn't about to let someone taint him with a bad reputation in this city, even if he didn't intend to stay for long. If she knew he was Dhani, then she knew he was dangerous, and she'd be smart to leave him alone.
Casper
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Canrehne on June 8th, 2012, 8:34 am

"Get out of my face." Canrehne simply said, staring at Casper. Watching him loom over her with his somewhat intriguing but intimidating posture, she smiled.
"I actually got you out of trouble, you would've died there. Now shut up and be grateful." Canrehne said, simply scanning him over constantly, studying his face and his build, unable to help but notice his skin.
His skin was dark and wasn't really giving away that he was a Dhani.. other than his speech.

"Now, I suggest you let me be. I know who and what you are, you don't know me. You shouldn't, and you possibly won't." Canrehne said loud enough for Casper to get the message, she then leaned against the wall, looking at him before sighing. Why was he so ingrate? Canrehne saved his life after all.. it could've all escalated and someone could've died.
Canrehne
The Ritualist

Character sheet

Postby Casper on June 12th, 2012, 3:50 pm

His blood was boiling, and while the fight in the bar had occurred out of sheer boredom, he was capable of far worse when he was angry. Already, his fists were clenched and it was all he could do to keep himself from hitting her, or worse.

"You really think I'd die in thiss shoddy dive?" He growled in a low voice, clearly trying to keep from losing his temper, his entire body stiff with tension. Her confidence, a trait he would have found alluring in another situation, was rubbing him quite the wrong way. She thought that she had saved his life. He thought that she overestimated the danger of this stupid merchant city, and she wouldn't last a day in Sunberth. He had a rather large boost in ego after adapting so well to the raucous town, and some random Zeltivan sailor was not going to put him in more danger than the late nights he had spent at Pig's foot tavern.

The one thing he could not take from her was claiming she knew who he was. He would not have some stranger pretending that she knew anything about his life with a quick glance. She probably didn't even know he was only a mongrel half blood, but it was better that she didn't. With one deft movement and no hesitation whatsoever, he pulled out his dagger, strode to where she stood and stopped only when the blade was an inch away from her neck. He grabbed her right forearm and pressed it against the wall, hard. He hoped it hurt. "If you knew who I wass, you'd know to petchin' stop pisssing me off, " he hissed, his eyes ablaze with anger. "Did your mother never tell you what Dhani do to sstupid girls like you?"
Casper
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes