Several Ghostly Questions...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Vhelum on June 13th, 2012, 3:21 am

I'm currently in the process of writing out my Character Sheet and drawing a somewhat decent avatar, but a few questions with answers that I was unable to find in the Lore crossed my mind:

• As a Ghost, does the character's colour palette remain the exact same as it was when they were alive, or are the colours toned down to a grayscale colour scheme? The Ghost Race page states that the ghost "tends to resemble its former self when it was alive", but the black-and-white picture at the beginning leads me to believe Ghosts lack any colour (or it's just monochrome for added effect and I'm overthinking it?). :retard:

• The Ghost Race page also points out that if a Ghost wishes to interact with the world, the world also has the ability to affect them. Would this mean if a Ghost, say, levitated a small object using the Skill Soulmist Projection, they are vulnerable to terrain, mortals, etc. while they are carrying the object?

• The Ghost Race page explains that any other Skill besides Possession, Materialization, and Soulmist Projection can only be practised in another being's body. What about Skills that wouldn't exactly require the user to physically touch the living world, such as Observation, Storytelling, Rhetoric, and the like?
Any and all answers are tremendously appreciated. Thank you in advance! :)
Vhelum
Flower pots.

Words: 712
Joined roleplay: June 8th, 2012, 11:53 am
Race: Ghost

Postby Verilian on June 23rd, 2012, 3:36 am

I was going to attempt to answer your question.. but it looks like you have a coding error and I can't even see your post. Try to check your post (if you can see it) and look for any errors. Usually what causes this is as simple as forgetting to close out a code. Maybe you put a {center} but forgot the {/center} somewhere or something like that.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Sam Leaie on June 23rd, 2012, 3:38 pm

I'm currently in the process of writing out my Character Sheet and drawing a somewhat decent avatar, but a few questions with answers that I was unable to find in the Lore crossed my mind:

• As a Ghost, does the character's colour palette remain the exact same as it was when they were alive, or are the colours toned down to a grayscale colour scheme? The Ghost Race page states that the ghost "tends to resemble its former self when it was alive", but the black-and-white picture at the beginning leads me to believe Ghosts lack any colour (or it's just monochrome for added effect and I'm overthinking it?). :retard:

• The Ghost Race page also points out that if a Ghost wishes to interact with the world, the world also has the ability to affect them. Would this mean if a Ghost, say, levitated a small object using the Skill Soulmist Projection, they are vulnerable to terrain, mortals, etc. while they are carrying the object?

• The Ghost Race page explains that any other Skill besides Possession, Materialization, and Soulmist Projection can only be practised in another being's body. What about Skills that wouldn't exactly require the user to physically touch the living world, such as Observation, Storytelling, Rhetoric, and the like?
Any and all answers are tremendously appreciated. Thank you in advance! :)

That is what he said if anyone was trying to read it.
Sam Leaie
Player

Words: 30102
Joined roleplay: June 17th, 2012, 7:53 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets